The Doctor Doom Thread

Well I just got back from Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (a very fun movie and fitting end to the series) and this post will contain spoilers BUT it's in regards to its villain and best actor to play Doom, the perfect Mads Mikkelsen

in the movie he is a doctor, a man of physics, he even says in that perfect accent of his "To the Victor go the spoils" he speaks eloquently, he has manners, a Sinister vibe to him, and Indy is his Richards in this and even calls him out on his equations being wrong which leads to Mads death and his face being burnt and scarred...a lot of Doom-isms in this and i smiled big time

Well I just got back from Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (a very fun movie and fitting end to the series) and this post will contain spoilers BUT it's in regards to its villain and best actor to play Doom, the perfect Mads Mikkelsen

in the movie he is a doctor, a man of physics, he even says in that perfect accent of his "To the Victor go the spoils" he speaks eloquently, he has manners, a Sinister vibe to him, and Indy is his Richards in this and even calls him out on his equations being wrong which leads to Mads death and his face being burnt and scarred...a lot of Doom-isms in this and i smiled big time

Cool, but will people call Doom a rip-off now?

:dry:

https://www.*****************.com/ent/josh-hartnett-doctor-doom-confirmed.html

Interesting choice IF true...I do like Josh...he starred in one of my favorite sequels Halloween H20, the fun scifi film Faculty, but his performance in Penny Dreadful is what I would say makes a great actor for sure...that said, to be Victor, that is a HUGE undertaking and if true, wow....good for him

I basically take with all these rumors and "scoops", at this point , with a grain of salt.

But, we'll see.

Will believe it when I see it. Nothing indicates we are getting the character anytime soon. Also, with the strike, I am dubious on casting at this time cause they cannot cast roles until it ends.

https://www.*****************.com/ent/josh-hartnett-doctor-doom-confirmed.html

Interesting choice IF true...I do like Josh...he starred in one of my favorite sequels Halloween H20, the fun scifi film Faculty, but his performance in Penny Dreadful is what I would say makes a great actor for sure...that said, to be Victor, that is a HUGE undertaking and if true, wow....good for him

He did do well in Penny Dreadful, but I have trouble seeing him as Doom.

I’d give him a chance, but he wouldn’t be my first choice… or 2nd … or 278th.

Josh Hartnett is a capable actor and miles better suited than other suggestions.

This feels to me like scoopers trying to toss stuff out there cause they don't have rumors to report on cause of the strike. So they're desperate for content

My wife started watching Sex Education and I feel like Connor Swindells could make for a solid Dr. Doom if they skew younger on casting (though I think he could play older than he is). He's a solid actor though and of Romani descent.

My wife started watching Sex Education and I feel like Connor Swindells could make for a solid Dr. Doom if they skew younger on casting (though I think he could play older than he is). He's a solid actor though and of Romani descent.

This is the way.

v28rayx6r9aa1.jpg

I actually like Connor for another super genius— Hank McCoy.

I’m not really a fan of them cramming Doom in there out of desperation.

It should have been Doom from the start, but at this point they have a story written for someone else. Doom needs to be properly developed from the start, not just “Oh crap, I guess we’ll use Doom now.”

My guess is that we may end up acknowledging his existence sooner than we otherwise would have , through hints, and teasers .

But that Kang will remain the " Big Bad" of TKD and SW.

So Doom may be in the background , alluded to , or know to the audience, but not the heroes of the MCU.

But in terms of baddies, I think it's still Kang's show for the time until after SW.

Could you imagine what Doom would say if he found out he was the second choice for anyone but especially for Kang?

he would go absolutely nuclear

I could not handle an Australian doctor doom. “Hey richo you wanna go do ya?!?!”

Mads Mikkelsen would have worked if he hadn't already played Kaecilius in the first Doctor Strange. On the other hand, that was pretty forgettable role he was offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"