Badass Doctor Doom moments

Dr. Doom after he watched Beaches for the first time.

doom-crying.jpg

Doom doesn't cry. That's obviously water running away from his eyes because they are so piercing.

Dr. Doom after he watched Beaches for the first time.

doom-crying.jpg

Damn, I remember that. That's from the 9/11 memorial special. It also has the Kingpin and a third big league villain I can't remember (Red Skull? Magneto?) mourning the causalities with incredibly tacky narration. Weird stuff.

I wanted to hate that and then I realized 9/11 was exactly the kind of tragedy Doom would mourn. He would totally sit there being like IF THE WORLD WOULD ONLY SUBMIT TO BEING GROUND BENEATH DOOM'S IRON BOOT-HEEL, SUCH A TRAGEDY WOULD NEVER OCCUR!

Damn, I remember that. That's from the 9/11 memorial special. It also has the Kingpin and a third big league villain I can't remember (Red Skull? Magneto?) mourning the causalities with incredibly tacky narration. Weird stuff.

I think it was Magento if memory serves. I appreciated the drive and idea behind that issue, but that whole scene really felt too heavy-handed and sentimental. I guess I can't really fault it for that since it was so close to the time it happened, though.

It's pretty illogical, but I remember feeling it was touching at the time. Ultimately, you can just ignore it if it bugs you. It was clearly an issue that existed more as a memorial for 9/11 than as an important part of any character's canon.

I think it was Magento if memory serves. I appreciated the drive and idea behind that issue, but that whole scene really felt too heavy-handed and sentimental. I guess I can't really fault it for that since it was so close to the time it happened, though.

Dunno... America has a different attitude to tragedy. For me, the whole issue was outright morbid and made me feel uncomfortable. It wasn't Superman slap a jap level propaganda but felt like it cheapened the whole event.

I'm a comic book fan, and I'm not sure I would want Doctor Doom mourning my violent death in a comic book.

Scratch that, I would love that. But not sure my gf would. Even if it's a free issue, it's still an effort to build a brand. From what I hear, Marvel was one of the least offenders, when it came to capitalizing on the tragedy, but still.

But you know, different countries, continents. Every nation mourns a little differently. If Marvel though Doctor Doom crying is the appropriate response, than they were probably right.

Dunno... America has a different attitude to tragedy. For me, the whole issue was outright morbid and made me feel uncomfortable. It wasn't Superman slap a jap level propaganda but felt like it cheapened the whole event.

I'm a comic book fan, and I'm not sure I would want Doctor Doom mourning my violent death in a comic book.

Scratch that, I would love that. But not sure my gf would. Even if it's a free issue, it's still an effort to build a brand. From what I hear, Marvel was one of the least offenders, when it came to capitalizing on the tragedy, but still.

But you know, different countries, continents. Every nation mourns a little differently. If Marvel though Doctor Doom crying is the appropriate response, than they were probably right.

Well, to be fair, most of the 9/11 issues profits that Marvel and DC did (including the ASM one if memory serves) went to various benefits and charities related to 9/11.

Still brand building.

But enough of that. Doom kills Kiss.
doom-797928.jpg

and air latveria:
airlatveria.jpg

Last edited:
Still brand building.

I didn't say it wasn't, but that there was some positive there. Even if they were trying to capitalize and brand build, some were helped with the money they made.

Still brand building.

But enough of that. Doom kills Kiss.
doom-797928.jpg

[YT]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWaLxFIVX1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWaLxFIVX1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

Okay, fighting KISS. I need context.

Are we just realizing this? That's not even Doom's best moment.

When did Superman meet Doctor Doom? And drawn by a Buscema, by the looks of it... :huh:

In the second Superman / Spiderman team up. We had a vote on it in the MarvelVSDC thread about a month back or so.

I believe it was a giant comic.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

It really wasn't bad. Parasite was still kinda new to me then but he was perfect for a Doom stooge.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

When did Superman meet Doctor Doom? And drawn by a Buscema, by the looks of it... :huh:

It was a Tabloid size crossover . It also had A Hulk superman battle. Wonder Woman is also in the book. Just a great comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"