Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, these scoopers got quiet real quick after Mario's scoop got body-slammed by Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, and The Wrap.

It's been nothing but radio silence for over a month now.

Frankly, these scoopers got quiet real quick as soon as Mario's scoop got body-slammed by Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, and The Wrap.

It's been nothing but radio silence for over a month now.
Eh. Not really. Thomas Polito and KC Walsh published that 4 young actors list 3 weeks after Mario's article.

Daniel Gillies is the only option that makes sense for a CW Batman

Though Jensen Ackles will soon be avaible...

Hopefully for Jensen, that means he can nab the Stu Redman role for the new The Stand miniseries.

I could live with Madden but for whatever reason I doubt he'll get cast.

He's had zero to no buzz around him, and the only person that mentioned him as a contender was Mario so...we'll find out soon enough a good sortlist hopefully from Variety or some place else.

He's had zero to no buzz around him, and the only person that mentioned him as a contender was Mario so...we'll find out soon enough a good sortlist hopefully from Variety or some place else.
Actually it's names that appear very suddenly nearish the end of the casting process tend to be the ones who get cast.

Look at MCU Spider-Man, it was all about Dylan O'Brien but Tom Holland and Charlie Rowe appeared out of the blue. They were the final two in the end.

If Dylan O'Brien is Armie Hammer, the Tom Holland/ Charlie Rowe equivalent could be Madden or ATJ.

Between ATJ and Richard Madden, I don’t really know who I would pick. Neither of them really get me excited.

Rocketman-1565d60.png

Idk something about his face just doesn’t look right to me... just doesn’t strike me as a Bruce Wayne type.

I only know him from Thrones... is the Bodyguard any good?

Last edited:

There may not be a lot of buzz around him regarding Batman, but that’s only because he hasn’t been rumored like some of these other guys. He’s a hot commodity right now after his performance on Bodyguard, which won him a Golden Globe. He’ll also likely be nominated for an Emmy as well. I suppose some people could scoff at that and say, “It’s just TV; he’s still a TV actor.” But TV and film have changed so much over the past decade or two; these days, some of the most prominent film actors appear in TV shows.

Idk something about his face just doesn’t look right to me... just doesn’t strike me as a Bruce Wayne type.

It's a great show, definitely worth a watch.

Actually it's names that appear very suddenly nearish the end of the casting process tend to be the ones who get cast.

Look at MCU Spider-Man, it was all about Dylan O'Brien but Tom Holland and Charlie Rowe appeared out of the blue. They were the final two in the end.

If Dylan O'Brien is Armie Hammer, the Tom Holland/ Charlie Rowe equivalent could be Madden or ATJ.
Dylan O'Brien would be Jon Hamm. And the thing is, nobody has mentioned Madden at all.

I think we can all agree Kit Harington would be a horrible choice though

I think we can all agree Kit Harington would be a horrible choice though

Agreed, way too small. Officially he's 5"8, but most reckon he's 5"6 and has added a few inches - like most actors.Acting prowess is hugely important yes, but so is the physicality of someone like Batman - it's part of the character and one of the things that strikes fear into criminals he pursues and enables him to go toe-to-toe with many of them.

And I know Michael Keaton was short blah blah. The game has moved on, I think the next Batman has to be as imposing in size as Affleck was.

Bodyguard is incredible. With a few tweaks to the story and obviously a lot of visual changes, the story itself could be a great young Batman story. Madden crushes it as a character that hews very close to elements that would make for a fantastic young but mature Bruce Wayne. He’s not my first choice but I’d be thrilled if he got it. Also shows he is THE guy to beat for a new Bond, imho.

Madden coming out as the new Batman would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"