• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: The brave and the bold composers talk “crime jazz!” exclusive sound clips!

jondoe297

Civilian
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested I conducted an interview with Batman composers Kristopher Carter, Lolita Ritmanis and Michael McCuistion a couple of weeks ago where we discussed various projects they’ve worked on including the current Batman: Brave and the Bold.

I also got the chance to talk about their background and what it was like to work on other Batman animated shows along side the late Shirley Walker, which was fantastic.

They also gave me three "EXCLUSIVE" audio clips from the show, which have been individually cut for Gotham Knights online by Kris, Lolita and Michael.

http://gothamknightsonline.blogspot.com/2009/03/gko-exclusive-batman-brave-and-bold.html

I put together a podcast of my conversation which is available to download at the bottom of the article.

Thanks for sharing the interview jondoe297. Very interesting, you never appreciate a score until you hear it without any of the dialog and noise. The Plastic Man one was especially great. Looking forward to seeing that music ep, since they're hyping it so much, as well as the Batmite one. Really interested in that upcoming character who has that "Queen style music" too.

Thanks for sharing the interview jondoe297. Very interesting, you never appreciate a score until you hear it without any of the dialog and noise. The Plastic Man one was especially great. Looking forward to seeing that music ep, since they're hyping it so much, as well as the Batmite one. Really interested in that upcoming character who has that "Queen style music" too.

I believe that was meant to be Adam Strange in "Mystery In Space!". There was inspiration from the Flash Gordon series and movie, and since the movie soundtrack was done by Queen, the music in the episode reflected that.

I believe that was meant to be Adam Strange in "Mystery In Space!". There was inspiration from the Flash Gordon series and movie, and since the movie soundtrack was done by Queen, the music in the episode reflected that.
Awww, Damn. I was thinking the more heavy version of Queen for someone like Lobo or whatever.....Though Mystery in Space did have fantastic music.

Those three have always been great... but they absolutely blew me away with Justice League/ Unlimited.

To think they go all the way back to Batman: The Animated Series musically. They have never faltered. Great interviews.

Thanks, glad you liked it. They were really great to talk to and was dead chuffed to find out they had but the three music clips together.

We did chat a little more after the podcast in regards to the recent BTAS score from La-La Land records and said the more people (fan's), who cry out for it, the better chance there is for more scores to be released and even one relating to Brave and the Bold... how cool would it be to have the musical episode as a soundtrack... I'd by it :brucebat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"