First look at joker from batman: Brave and the bold

I would say Batman: Brave and Bold is really well written, at first i thought it didn't have any progressive storyline but it does in fact have.

Some of the character designs might be abit meh, but i only feel that towards the non-goate Green Arrow. :p Joker looks like how Dick Sprang drew him and you gotta admit there is a simualarity with the 1st Joker design of Batman TAS on it. =p

The movies have gone in a sophisticated, more adult direction, and the shows have done the exact opposite, pandering to children.
I know! It's almost like these shows were made for children...

Why is it so hard to get a Batman series that is both...

1. Well written

and 2. Has character designs that don't look like a ******ed monkey drew them?

This is the 2nd in a row, after The Batman, that has neither of these. They can't even get it half right. The movies have gone in a sophisticated, more adult direction, and the shows have done the exact opposite, pandering to children. I miss TAS more and more every day.

First of all, have you even WATCHED the series, or are making assumptions from a couple of promo images? I enjoy this series, even more than The Batman. This series pays more tribute and respect than even the Nolan movies (and those are great too, but this show is made BY fans FOR fans).

This series is well-written. Very little of the humor is childish or unbearable. The rest of it is witty, and comes from the personalities of the characters contrasting with each other, or the absurdity of a situation. Speaking of that, the characters are written as actual people, with their faults and strengths. They all have distinct personalities from each other, unlike The Batman, where most of the guest heroes were the same.

Batman himself is well-written. He is still serious about crime fighting, but unlike the crap that is published in the comics lately, he is still human, knows when he needs help, and still knows how to be a hero. You can even say he is more akin to the Batman seen in Batman: The Animated Series, but with more ridiculous situations and characters. We even see glimpses of his origins, Gotham, and his own villains, so he is still developed.

There's also nothing wrong with the art style. It is homaging the 50's and 60's Batman art of Dick Sprang. Not only it is paying respect to Batman's history, but it also fits the tone of the show, keeps things interesting and refreshing from yet more boring Timm designs, and is more fluid and easier to animate. Another example of this is the excellent show The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Why is it so hard to get a Batman series that is both...

1. Well written

and 2. Has character designs that don't look like a ******ed monkey drew them?
It isn't, we have one right now. It's called Batman: The Brave and the Bold, a brilliant homage to the classic Dick Sprang style will paying homage to practically every Batman era AS WELL AS media too. If you manage to pull youself out of blind nostalgia, check out the show, it's a blast. And for me, a guy who loves the darker Batman and watched TAS since a kid, it's got a very good chance of surpassing TAS.

But then again they don't have all the "Dark" so many people are addicted to, so I can see how that might be a etractor. You know, since darkness is totally a measure of good storytelling.

I know! It's almost like these shows were made for children...

TAS was made for children, but didn't pander to them by going the Adam West 1960's Batman route. It had merits that appealed to all age groups who were fans of the character. There are things in that show that I pick up on now that I never even noticed when I was a kid watching it. The DCAU is still pretty much the only good cartoon series DC has ever had, and it's a damn shame they decided to end it in favor of crap like this.

And it's not that I have blind nostalgia going on either. The new X-Men show is FAR better than the 90's series. Despite the horrible art style, Spectacular Spider-Man is a fantastic series, and with a massive redesign would easily top the 90's Spider-Man series, as the writing is phenomenal on it. This is a silver age throwback, and nothing more. The silver age was insane, and great for the time, but DC needs to realize in general, both with it's comics and tv series, that the silver age is gone. Looking back on it, it was all absolutely ridiculous, and doesn't hold up. Should the stories be forgotten? Of course not. But they also shouldn't be made into a cartoon and passed off as being perfect for audiences today just the way they were.

^^

Look, Batman: The Brave and the Bold is a strong ratings hit, the toys and comic are selling extremely well and it just got renewed for another 26 episodes.

The show is working and doing what it set out to do remarkably well. Warner Bros. are happy, DC is happy and Cartoon Network is happy.

You are blinded by your personal tastes, so don't attemt to say that this show is not attracting a perfect audience today... you can't deny that this show is reaching an audience.

Not to be rude... but deal with it!

TAS was made for children, but didn't pander to them by going the Adam West 1960's Batman route. It had merits that appealed to all age groups who were fans of the character. There are things in that show that I pick up on now that I never even noticed when I was a kid watching it. The DCAU is still pretty much the only good cartoon series DC has ever had, and it's a damn shame they decided to end it in favor of crap like this.
This show isn't going the Adam West route, though. West's show was a comedy send-up of the Silver Age Batman; this series showcases the fun and adventure of the Silver Age Batman. It's two different takes of the same era.

I love the design of the Joker. It's very Dick Sprang-ish.

And it's not that I have blind nostalgia going on either. The new X-Men show is FAR better than the 90's series. Despite the horrible art style, Spectacular Spider-Man is a fantastic series, and with a massive redesign would easily top the 90's Spider-Man series, as the writing is phenomenal on it. This is a silver age throwback, and nothing more. The silver age was insane, and great for the time, but DC needs to realize in general, both with it's comics and tv series, that the silver age is gone. Looking back on it, it was all absolutely ridiculous, and doesn't hold up. Should the stories be forgotten? Of course not. But they also shouldn't be made into a cartoon and passed off as being perfect for audiences today just the way they were.

Oh man. I was taking you seriously until you referenced the 90s spiderman series having a better animation style than spectacular spider-man. You can't be serious with comments like that :)

I dont think I'd go that far. Some of the designs are a little off, but for the most part, I think the SSM team has done a helluva job, in writing and art.

I really liked this episode. I know it's more kids oriented, but that ad's to the charm.

Yeah, I liked this episode alot more. And Joker was well written.

Damn, I love this show now. Watched all the episodes over the span of a week and it's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"