Batsuit.

I'll be the first to say that if Andy Muschietti ends up directing this (I reaaaally hope not for this very reason, but he seems very likely) I am not prepared at all for what this batsuit is gonna be seeing how he put two batsuits in his Flash movie and... well:
FRYDKNUX0AENHGH

Let's try something with blue this time. Doesn't have to be full Neal Adams, but something in the blue family. Just for fun.

upload_2023-2-2_10-39-41.png Its time to do the white lenses, and this is how you could do it and still keep tHe AcToR's EyEs.

Overall, it should be a mix of the Neal Adams suit and the various Arkham game trilogy suits.

Blue and Grey
White-ish eyes
Cloth suit (I think Gunn should do this for everyone, just lean into it.)

Honestly I could do without white eyes but I'm tired of hearing about them all together.

695812E3-D6CA-45F3-80D3-DE3B3B36ABFD.jpeg
54CA7ED7-980E-442F-918A-3BA9E0DE93F1.jpeg
I want a much more accurate depiction that’s more comic book style with long pointy ears on the cowl with white lenses incorporated in the eyes like visors. I’d like the Batsuit to be like Arkham City design .

Last edited:
This is their opportunity to finally tackle the blue and grey suit

I'll be the first to say that if Andy Muschietti ends up directing this (I reaaaally hope not for this very reason, but he seems very likely) I am not prepared at all for what this batsuit is gonna be seeing how he put two batsuits in his Flash movie and... well:
FRYDKNUX0AENHGH

That first one looks like someone ate the DCEU Affleck Batman and the TDK trilogy Bale Batman and vomited it out.

It’s time to try the blue and grey.

I’d be up for blue, but I think it’d still have to be a dark blue.

As for those Flash suits, we’ve had too many examples of stunt suits and those awkwardly-posed photo shoots making the costumes look like **** for me to jump to any conclusions.

I think we can afford to have some blue in this suit after Reeves gave us an all black suit, while Batfleck had the black and gray design.

Battinson's suit looked horrible in those early pics, and it turned out amazing on the movie... I think those will improve a lot in the final film.
About a new suit, some blue wouldn't be a bad idea.

Embrace the public superhero angle of Batman and go with the blue and gray suit with the oval and capsule belt.

Lean into the quirky costumes. Prove that they work.

As long as it doesn't look like high-tech armor, I'll be happy. I really hate that look for Batman, whether it's in the comics, games or movies. Just keep it simple and iconic.

When I see how Wilkinson had succesfully managed to bring Miller's Batman in live action (minus the heavy padding), I have good hope a team of costume designer will at one point crack the code for a classic Batman in the vein of Neal Adams, Aparo, etc...
I'd like them to keep a "fabric" feel to the suit and having the overall art direction of the film to make the audience accept the look, rather than applying a too down-to-earth logic that would try to make things credible by explaining each material, etc.

Oh and bring back the oval!

EDIT: And the capsule belt, of course!

Oval or not, I’m hoping we get the blue & gray.

Batman-in-his-classic-blue-and-gray-costume.jpg

Dan Mora has always drawn great Batman, but his interpretation of that most iconic look is just... Wow.

Last edited:
Battinson's suit looked horrible in those early pics, and it turned out amazing on the movie... I think those will improve a lot in the final film.
About a new suit, some blue wouldn't be a bad idea.
To me it always looked amazing, and I don't feel his suit in the BTS was really that different from the final product.

As long as it doesn't look like high-tech armor, I'll be happy. I really hate that look for Batman, whether it's in the comics, games or movies. Just keep it simple and iconic.

When I see how Wilkinson had succesfully managed to bring Miller's Batman in live action (minus the heavy padding), I have good hope a team of costume designer will at one point crack the code for a classic Batman in the vein of Neal Adams, Aparo, etc...
I'd like them to keep a "fabric" feel to the suit and having the overall art direction of the film to make the audience accept the look, rather than applying a too down-to-earth logic that would try to make things credible by explaining each material, etc.

Oh and bring back the oval!

EDIT: And the capsule belt, of course!

Dan Mora has always drawn great Batman, but his interpretation of that most iconic look is just... Wow.
The oval is treated like the yellow shield on Superman's cape these days...

Slim down Affleck's suit, add longer ears and put an oval instead of the Frank Miller emblem and you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"