Baywatch: The movie! - Part 1

GraciousFearlessLcont.gif

VigorousPleasantCaudata.gif

:hubba

http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2017/03/fair-shake-baywatch/#more-100431

“I can tell you that everyone is surprised at how well that Baywatch plays and has tested,” the guy says. “It went through development for years and years, but somehow the tone came out right and it apparently channels The Rock’s sweet spot. [Allegedly] the best comedic use of Johnson to date. There’s a satirical current that sends up Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay cinema, mocking the omnipresent shallowness and overt calculation of every set piece, plot point and storyboarded CGI action sequence. Baywatch wasn’t super-expensive, save for its stars, and will surprise audiences as a smart, funny film that works like gangbusters.”

So the people who made it are shocked it's testing well?:loco:

Where does it say in the post that the people who are surprised that it's testing well are the same people who made it? I mean surely "everyone" includes those people, but if you interpreted that as just those people, you clearly read something that wasn't there.

Last edited:
Where does it say in the post that the people who are surprised that it's testing well are the same people who made it? I mean surely "everyone" includes those people, but if you interpreted that as just those people, you clearly read something that wasn't there.

Cause I follow Hollywood-Elsewhere and his sources for stuff is usually someone close to production or studio/agents(that's how he gets scripts so early). If it's still in testing phase, it leans more towards studio people talking rather than critics or general audiences.

I wonder how many takes Daddario had to do for that one.

Cause I follow Hollywood-Elsewhere and his sources for stuff is usually someone close to production or studio/agents(that's how he gets scripts so early). If it's still in testing phase, it leans more towards studio people talking rather than critics or general audiences.

I know it's not critics or general audiences. Sometimes it is direct from the studio, and sometimes it's rival studios as well, i.e. Mark Millar having two friends at rival studios saying Pirates 5 is the best in the franchise. People from rival studios get wind of test screenings as well.

More importantly, if it was a total colossal misfire, we'd get a post like that saying the studio is super worried about its prospects because they totally missed the tone of the movie.

Last edited:
I lol'd at the trailer. I'm somewhat disappointed in myself. :funny:

You wanna know whats really disappointing?

I had a dream i was in this movie #SHAME

I liked one trailer that I saw that ripped into the tv show :hehe:

Matt: "I thought we were lifeguards, everything you guys are talking about, sounds like a really entertaining, but farfetched TV show."

:funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back