Movie Theater Experiences Thread - Part 1

You have to factor in those people that aren't millenials or internet nerds like us that watch all their **** online. By which I mean most of the country. They are seeing a lot of these trailers for the first time and the theatres know it.

I think your thinking is dated. You don't have to be a millennial or "internet nerd" to see trailers online anymore. Obviously there are people who don't see them on the net, but it very clearly isn't just a millennial thing

And I don't think anyone is against them showing trailers. We get why they're there. It makes sense that they're there. We're just saying that 30 mins is way too much.

Nah, there are a lot of people in middle America that don't watch trailers online. My extended family are some I can count right now, lol. Their first time seeing some of this stuff is when they decide to go see whatever popular movie is out.

Nah, there are a lot of people in middle America that don't watch trailers online. My extended family are some I can count right now, lol. Their first time seeing some of this stuff is when they decide to go see whatever popular movie is out.
Ok...I never said there aren't people who don't watch trailers online and see them for the first time in the theater. I never even said that "most people see the them online". I even blatantly said: "Obviously there are people who don't see them on the net"

What I said is that it's not just millennials and internet nerds who watch them online. There are plenty of people who don't fall in either of those demographics who use Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter multiple times a day; every day who are exposed to trailers. And again, I'm not saying every person sees them online. Just that it's not nerds and millennials. And that's very dated thinking to think that.

Figured I'd resurrect this thread with some new stories!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Two women almost got into a fight over a misunderstanding regarding seats (this was before the days of assigned seating's in movie theaters). Fortunately, this happened before the previews started and everything was quickly resolved.

A Wrinkle in Time: JUST as the Disney intro was ending, the fire alarm went off due to burnt popcorn at the snack counter and the entire AMC had to evacuate everyone. My friends and I were forced to leave but thankfully we were able to get refunds.

Black Panther Wakanda Forever: Two oddities during the trailers in IMAX. First, most of the previews were perfectly suited......except for the first one M3gan. Why the hell did we get a horror movie trailer when everything else was action, Disney or otherwise? Also, the Dungeons and Dragons trailer had a glitch on it where it caused a VERY loud buzzing sound over the entire thing, drowning out the audio. Everything else went fine.

I think the most HYPE opening night movie theater showing Ive ever been to is Matrix Reloaded. People had no clue what to expect so when the thousand agent smiths starting rolling out the audience literally lost their minds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"