Baywatch: The movie! - Part 1

How did they waste her?

I'm genuinely curious as imo, I don't think there's a hell of a lot you can do with her. She's not exactly a strong/high-caliber actress and her delivery/performances do leave a lot to be desired most of the time.

Yeah I am too.

Not hating, I just don't think she's ever gotten anywhere close of a chance to just be the hot girl. I can't think of anytime she's impressed me with her acting or on screen charisma. But that's no fault of her own. As I said she's rarely given anything to do

And before anyone says anything. Yes she's hot. Yes I know she got naked in True Detective.

How did they waste her?

I'm genuinely curious as imo, I don't think there's a hell of a lot you can do with her. She's not exactly a strong/high-caliber actress and her delivery/performances do leave a lot to be desired most of the time.

She was in the same boat as the other female lifeguards. They did next to nothing with them. It's like the filmmakers didn't understand why Baywatch was popular.

I know at the very least she had scenes cut from the movie.

I don't think it really matters or not whether or not it "feels" like Baywatch. Neither of the Jump Street movies felt like the Jump Street TV show, but they were great movies anyway.

Given some of the back and forth in this thread since the announcement... The bona fire failure of this film on multiple levels is pretty funny.

I don't think it really matters or not whether or not it "feels" like Baywatch. Neither of the Jump Street movies felt like the Jump Street TV show, but they were great movies anyway.

True. But the Jump Street movies you could arguably say could play like a genuine episode of the show in terms of story structure.

Baywatch tried to play like an episode of Jump Street, not an episode of Baywatch. Episodes of Baywatch had more that one plotline focusing on both its male and female lifeguards, however ridiculous they were. The movie was only concerned with one plotline, which was essentially just a buddy movie between Rock and Efron against a villain. And who cares about who the villain is in Baywatch anyway?

It's hard for me to get upset about this not "feeling" like Baywatch, since Baywatch was never what I would call great TV anyway. IMHO, Baywatch isn't really a sacred cow.

It's hard for me to get upset about this not "feeling" like Baywatch, since Baywatch was never what I would call great TV anyway. IMHO, Baywatch isn't really a sacred cow.

True, but if you were interested in a Baywatch movie, would you rather have it focus both male and female lifeguards alike or focus on just two male lifeguards as a buddy movie against a villain?

The chicks were all there to basically be love interests. Daddario got a little more fleshed out but not much.

The chicks were all there to basically be love interests. Daddario got a little more fleshed out but not much.

Ilfenesh Hadera wasn't even a love interest. No love story was explored between her and the Rock.

True, but if you were interested in a Baywatch movie, would you rather have it focus both male and female lifeguards alike or focus on just two male lifeguards as a buddy movie against a villain?
Nothing would really interest me about a Baywatch movie though. To be honest, Baywatch was always trash TV, and the movie was a trashy poor attempt at imitating 21 Jump Street's success. Look if you like Baywatch, all the power to you, but the show was always just way too goofy to take seriously.

I never was really into the show but weren't those women little more than eyecandy? Having them be love interests in the movie seems like a step up; I personally never though Daddario was going to do anything besides show how good her breast look in the swimsuit. With that being said I am still looking forward to finally seeing this movie simply because it always seemed like dumb dumb fun to me. And reading the summary of it online gave me the impression that it was at least better than The Mummy.

I never was really into the show but weren't those women little more than eyecandy? Having them be love interests in the movie seems like a step up; I personally never though Daddario was going to do anything besides show how good her breast look in the swimsuit. With that being said I am still looking forward to finally seeing this movie simply because it always seemed like dumb dumb fun to me. And reading the summary of it online gave me the impression that it was at least better than The Mummy.

However campy the show was, the women at least had character arcs.

Nothing would really interest me about a Baywatch movie though. To be honest, Baywatch was always trash TV, and the movie was a trashy poor attempt at imitating 21 Jump Street's success. Look if you like Baywatch, all the power to you, but the show was always just way too goofy to take seriously.

I never watched Jump Street or Baywatch but I understood the appeal of each. And the fact that the latter movie version didn't understand and didn't live up to low expectations is bewildering. It *wasn't* supposed to take itself seriously but it feels like it does too much.

Last edited:
Yeah I am too.

Not hating, I just don't think she's ever gotten anywhere close of a chance to just be the hot girl. I can't think of anytime she's impressed me with her acting or on screen charisma. But that's no fault of her own. As I said she's rarely given anything to do

And before anyone says anything. Yes she's hot. Yes I know she got naked in True Detective.

Even when she is given something to do, she's pretty "meh" with it. Like the Percy Jackson movies or Texas Chainsaw 3D.

"Do your thing cuz!"

:funny:

Getting naked will sadly always be the highlight of her career. And I only say that because Obama tweeted/mentioned it in a roundabout way.

Which was the first film to do a "comedy" reinterpretation of a non-comedy tv series?
Which were the ones that really pulled it off?

Charlie's Angels?
Wild Wild West?
Starsky and Hutch?

Last edited:
I wanna say Wild Wild West since before that they were all played pretty straight.

Hi!

Loved the movie! Did not really get the Mitch part are there two Mitches or what? Also someone made an everything hot with video about baywatch on youtube!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"