Baywatch: The movie! - Part 1

So I just read another Rock tweet. They didn't roll out this movie internationally this week? They do know Wonder Woman is opening next weekend right?

I'll be seeing the movie when it releases here at some point during it's stint in theaters. Only reason I'll be seeing it is because The Rock's in it (& Alexandra Daddario :ilv:), the fact that it's called Baywatch & is associated with the TV show is meaningless to me as while the TV show was iconic, it was largely iconic because of the time & era in which it was released, you couldn't make a TV show like that now for example & be as big a hit IMO.

I've read the reviews aren't great, but as always I'll go see the movie & make my own mind up.

So I just read another Rock tweet. They didn't roll out this movie internationally this week? They do know Wonder Woman is opening next weekend right?

No. It's not out till tomorrow in UK anyway, at least in all my local cinemas.

No. It's not out till tomorrow in UK anyway, at least in all my local cinemas.
This seems incredibly stupid. Do they think PotC is a bigger problem then WW?

Well thanks to these opening week numbers we know who will be at the DC comic con panel this year.

Juan-Hugo-Martinez-Black-Adam.jpg

This seems incredibly stupid. Do they think PotC is a bigger problem then WW?

My guess would be they probably just wanted to miss the opening weekend of PotC which was always going to be big & at the same time not want to open on the same date as WW. Either way the money this takes in at the BO was always going to be badly hit due to being released in such close proximity with 2 of the biggest movies of the summer.

A lot of times those defensive twits are when replying to something that seems to be mocking. Once the exchange becomes more amiable, people get back to more relaxed stances and can admit that things may not be great.

What else has Ilfanesh Hadera been in? She's very pretty.

A great run meaning the consecutive successes of his films. This will be the first legitimate bomb post-Disney since Faster if I remember correctly.
Faster bombed?
Too bad.
Liked that one.

The Rock's not wrong though. Chris Cabin called this a King Arthur/Ghost in the Shell level bomb which is just a outright exaggeration. Baywatch made in its first weekend almost as much as those two have domestically so far and on just over a third and half their budgets, respectively. I'm not saying it's going to start making crazy numbers once it opens up internationally, but it's not going to be an outright flop once it's all said and done.

well I enjoyed that is all that maters to me, oh and LOVED the Hasselhoff and Anderson cameos :hehe:

so why did this flop so hard domestically?
From the trailer, I heard people talking about it positively. I know the age of the movie star is done Rock is a decent enough star to get a bigger opening than this... Or at least I thought

I knew this movie would either be really good or really bad. No inbetween.

But still

It just didn't look that funny. They were going for a 21 Jump Street vibe, but Effron isn't funny enough to pull off a Tatum character.

At least it wont have trouble making its budget back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"