Movie Theater Experiences Thread - Part 1

The vicious cycle of going to the movies in 2017:

The people who don't really care to show up on time are forced to sit at the front when no other seats are available.

These same people are the ones who use their cellphones during movies.

Therefore, the people who show up late sit in the front, and are also the ones who use their phones in full view. Awful.

I had an interesting experience last year when I went to see Suicide Squad.

I live in a small town and we have a one screen theatre. It was originally a stage theatre and it was built in 1929. You might think that's cool, but it's quite run down and they were still using a film projector up until 2015. Anyhoo, in the middle of the movie I saw this weird light on the screen. It started getting brighter and a little bigger and then everyone realized it was a fire. We all got kicked out, 3-4 firetrucks showed up and we all got refunds. It was quite the experience, lol

Last time I went to the cinema, I literally bit off more than I could chew with a Subway and got it stuck in the back of my throat... Couldn't get back to my wheelchair and to the disabled toilet in time, ended up throwing up in an aisle. Felt horrible for the dude that had to clean it up, Think I pissed him off more with the constant 'I can do that for you' than the actual puking though.

The vicious cycle of going to the movies in 2017:

The people who don't really care to show up on time are forced to sit at the front when no other seats are available.

These same people are the ones who use their cellphones during movies.

Therefore, the people who show up late sit in the front, and are also the ones who use their phones in full view. Awful.

At every screening, without fail, a bunch of people show up super late. If you come in during the trailers, fine. If you come in ten minutes after the movie has started you might as well stay gone. You're ruining it for yourself and for others.

Surprisingly I haven't experienced any annoyance at the movies this year, as far as I can recall. Most of the time people suck but now that I'm thinking about it, it's been good.

Edit: Scratch that, guy using snapchat during Logan.

At every screening, without fail, a bunch of people show up super late. If you come in during the trailers, fine. If you come in ten minutes after the movie has started you might as well stay gone. You're ruining it for yourself and for others.

I mean...there are plenty of legit reasons why people would run late. What are they supposed to do? Go home after driving over there and buying their ticket? :huh:

Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable.:o

I mean...there are plenty of legit reasons why people would run late. What are they supposed to do? Go home after driving over there and buying their ticket? :huh:

If they can't enter the theater and sit down quietly and without bothering others, yes.

YUP!

RiffTrax-_Bruce_Campbell_in_Spider-Man_2_zpsyrmuahkj.jpg

I like the recent trend of more theaters doing reserved seating
But I wish people would know it's not like a law. Like if you reserve a seat, but the theater is pretty much empty, you don't have to sit in your reserved seat. I'm just a jerk but I don't like sitting right next to people I don't know in the theater if there are bunches of seats. Especially if they're gonna talk. LEave a buffer.

Replying to a year old post. But yeah.
If you're late to a dinner reservation you'll lose your seat. If you're late to a doctor's appointment you could lose your time. More extreme example, but if youre late to an airport you can miss your flight.

Yeah be on top. Sure life happens, but it is what it is. Theaters really need to enforce that rule that they don't let people in after the movies started

There are way too many trailers. I'm sitting to see John Wick 3 and we hot literally 30 minutes of trailers.
I get that studios need to promote themselves but it's way too much

There are way too many trailers. I'm sitting to see John Wick 3 and we hot literally 30 minutes of trailers.
I get that studios need to promote themselves but it's way too much

Let me guess. You saw it at Regal Cinemas?

They seem to be the worst when it comes to how many trailers are shown. I love a good trailer but some times there are way too many.

Let me guess. You saw it at Regal Cinemas?

They seem to be the worst when it comes to how many trailers are shown. I love a good trailer but some times there are way too many.
Nah. It was AMC actually. Although the last time I got 30 mins of trailers it was Regal

The smaller chains tend to only do maybe two or three. AMC, Regal, etc are pretty much partnered with Hollywood.

Never had that problem with AMC before. And Regal other than that one time. Not 30 minutes worth

I've had maybe like 7 at the most when at the AMC in Chicago but the one near my place in Indiana like 4. Seems odd tho.

Yeah the trailer amount that we're getting has gotten nuts, especially when you're an A-list member and notice more often. Avengers: Endgame had about 25 mins of trailers when i saw it at amc. But it Only had 10 minutes of trailers when i saw it at Alamo Drafthouse.

The trailers are my favorite part of the movie going experience besides the film itself. Seeing trailers on a huge screen and a Dolby atmos sound system beats the hell out of watching them at home.

I've noticed that there are fewer trailers when I see a film in IMAX since, understandably, they only show trailers for upcoming films that will be formatted for IMAX which are fewer and far between. The first time I saw Endgame was in IMAX and I only got trailers for The Lion King, Star Wars Episode IX and MIB International. The next time I saw it was a regular non-IMAX screening and I got those trailers along with maybe six more. Both were at an AMC and they're usually notorious for 20+ minutes of trailers.

The trailers are my favorite part of the movie going experience besides the film itself. Seeing trailers on a huge screen and a Dolby atmos sound system beats the hell out of watching them at home.
I mean...is there anything other than just watching the trailers or watching the movie?

I don't really care about trailers anymore as I try to not watch them for movies I know I'm going to see anyway. And when you see a good amount of movies, they show the same trailers over and over.

I get why they're there. And I get why they show them but 30 minutes is way too much.

When our boutique theater chain opened, we initially only had 10 minutes of previews on the films. A few weeks later when The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 2 opened, the number went up to 20-22 minutes.

It was nice while it lasted.

I like them too but there is such a thing as too much.

I like them too but there is such a thing as too much.
Especially in this day and age where trailers are dropped online days to weeks before they're shown on the big screen so you've already seen all of them anyway. I'll always love trailers, but they were more fun back in the days where if you wanted to see a trailer for the newest Star Wars movie or The Dark Knight, you had to go see (insert movie here) on its opening weekend in order to watch it otherwise you had to wait until it would drop online the Monday after.

Especially in this day and age where trailers are dropped online days to weeks before they're shown on the big screen so you've already seen all of them anyway. I'll always love trailers, but they were more fun back in the days where if you wanted to see a trailer for the newest Star Wars movie or The Dark Knight, you had to go see (insert movie here) on its opening weekend in order to watch it otherwise you had to wait until it would drop online the Monday after.
I agree. But to Marvalo's point some people like to see the trailers on the big screen. I personally don't care about that but I guess some do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"