Movie Theater Experiences Thread - Part 1

FGHeYhc.jpg

Last edited:
Remember going to see the Incredible Hulk (Norton one) on release at a smallish cinema outside Cork when I was working there at the time. It was an 8pm showing and I expected it to be packed. Walked in and there was no-one else there.

Sat munching my popcorn as the first trailer played. Still no-one else. Few more trailers. No-one else. Start to wonder if I inadvertently wandered into the wrong screen. Credits for the film start to roll ............. still no-one else. Ended up watching the film on my own, which was kinda weird.

Only realised later that evening that there was a pretty big Ireland football match on (I'm not into football at all!) and pretty much the entire country was watching that.

Oh god, watching Logan there was this one guy who just had to use his phone whenever there wasn't any action onscreen. Just at the corner of my eye, which somehow made it more annoying.

Oh god, watching Logan there was this one guy who just had to use his phone whenever there wasn't any action onscreen. Just at the corner of my eye, which somehow made it more annoying.

At my Logan screening a woman started laughing uncontrollably during a very emotional moment. Thankfully someone yelled out shut up.

Logan's R rating reminded me of how I went to the midnight showing of The Watchmen and a bunch of people had young kids there. Just because something's from a comic book doesn't mean your grade schooler should see it in theaters...

The free screening I went to for Get Out was great. It was the perfect movie to see with a black crowd.

My best crowd was probably when I saw Neighbors. Full house, fun movie, everyone was having a good time.

When I saw John Wick Chapter 2 there was a very large guy sitting in the same aisle as me and he had an extra large bucket of popcorn. When the movie was over I got up and saw that the guy left the empty bucket on the floor. There is a trash can right at the exit of the theater and he didn't even bother throwing it away.

Oh I gave up on hoping people actually use trash bins.

RockSP... If I may:

RockSP said:
So last night a friend wanted to go see the movie Get Out. I'm not a big horror guy but I was like screw it, why not. The movie started at 10:30 pm (EST) and we got home at almost 1:00 am. Or I did, anyway. Dude wanted to sit through the credits for a possible stinger, but I'm the one who drove and I told him I'm not doing it...this ain't a marvel movie. He proceeds to swing his legs out of the way for me to get past him. I ask him if he's going to walk home, because again...I'm not staying.

Him: Fair enough.

Me: Ooookaaaay...

Hope that pointless couple of miles walk home in the cold was worth it...

He must've thought I was joking because a few minutes after I get home I get a text saying "Hey where are you?" LOL! Maybe someone gave him a ride. This morning I see he's unfriended me on facebook. Maybe he's temporarily pissed or maybe he's willing to throw 20 something years of friendship away over some movie credits.

I used to work at Odeon and we had to have a counselor on hand outside the screening of Happy Feet, whoever decided that the director of Mad Max would make a happy go lucky children's film was mis-guided.

Guy next to me was Snapchatting parts of the movie, particularly the beginning.

Annoying.

My favorite crowd is probably when I saw Prisoners. Everyone was so into it, gasping and what not. I love that movie.

A couple of cinemas near me have just opened their new 4DX auditoriums.

It is basically like those theme park set ups.
moving seats and special effects, including wind, water, fog, lightning, bubbles, and scents – all synchronised perfectly with the action you're seeing on screen.

Kid asked me for money twice when he passed me to get to his seat.

I'm noticing it's often some adult in the kid's life putting them up to doing that ****.

I'm noticing it's often some adult in the kid's life putting them up to doing that ****.

This wasn't a little kid, he was like 13 and kept whipping out his phone. If a kid was like 5 and asked nicely, I might give them something.

When I saw Lego Batman, it was the middle of the week after it had been out 2-3 weeks. I was the only one in the theater. When it was over, I saw no one else in the hallway, then no one else in the bathroom, then no one else in the lobby. Most of the lights were even turned off. I felt like I should've locked the place up on the way out.

Unfortunately I don't really go to the movies anymore because I can't remember the last time I went when I didn't almost get into a fight. It's simply not enjoyable when I have to spend the whole time on high alert. I can't even pay attention to the film, and when they basically quadrupled the amount of police, that spoke volumes about the state of going to the movies. The world is so damn crazy now you can't even have a little escapism at your local theater. We finally got a theater that caters to an older crowd which I thought would help, but it didn't. The parents just go to see one movie and their little bastard heathen children run around unsupervised.

I keep saying forget 3D, I would pay extra for a theater that is Alamo Drafthouse style but up to 10
-No phones allowed with ushers ready to bounce the person out
-Screenings with no kids. I like kids and usually they're not bad, but there should not be a reason to bring your 1-2 yr old to go see Hell or High Water and ruin it for everyone
-Any major disruption from you gets you kicked out

Do that for 1 or 2 screenings a day. It'll be gold.

I keep saying forget 3D, I would pay extra for a theater that is Alamo Drafthouse style but up to 10
-No phones allowed with ushers ready to bounce the person out
-Screenings with no kids. I like kids and usually they're not bad, but there should not be a reason to bring your 1-2 yr old to go see Hell or High Water and ruin it for everyone
-Any major disruption from you gets you kicked out

Do that for 1 or 2 screenings a day. It'll be gold.

We were supposed to get an Alamo Drafthouse here, and I was so excited. Of course it fell through. We still got a Movie Tavern (bar and serves food during the film, etc), but they can't seem to get their **** together. They've screwed up my order majorly every time I've been, and the food is absolutely not worth the money. We're better off going somewhere before, but that defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Yeah there's one maybe 1.5 hours away from me. I might go see TLJ there, but usually the trip isn't that worth it.

Yeah there's one maybe 1.5 hours away from me. I might go see TLJ there, but usually the trip isn't that worth it.

Well I enjoy some of the more outlandish things they do (like bringing in a comedy troupe to basically MST3K old movies), but idk if we'd get anything like that here anyway. I mean...this is Baton Rouge, not Austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"