Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

I’m excited to see Mayan/Aztec culture be the influence over how the Atlanteans will be portrayed

A few months ago while vacationing in Cancun, we took a drive to Chichén Itzá to tour the Mayan ruins and it was incredible. Can’t wait to see the visuals for that onscreen

I am gonna be honest, Namor is someone I always enjoyed more in supporting roles than as a lead. I have little doubt a Namor movie will happen eventually, but I am more excited to see Namor interact with other characters than get his own solo
I think Namor can be a D+ show and appear in movies. Not sure if he gets a solo but I will want more Namor so a show works.

It’ll be a nice touch, if MCU Atlantis is in fact Tenochtilan, the city we saw in Eternals:
Tenochtitlan | Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki | Fandom

I was hoping to see the downfall of Atlantis in Eternals, but if this is the city of Namor and his culture it’ll still be a nice connection.
Though Tenochtilan is probably a bit far away to an ocean

It’ll be a nice touch, if MCU Atlantis is in fact Tenochtilan, the city we saw in Eternals:
Tenochtitlan | Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki | Fandom

I was hoping to see the downfall of Atlantis in Eternals, but if this is the city of Namor and his culture it’ll still be a nice connection.
Though Tenochtilan is probably a bit far away to an ocean
Tenochtilan was a real place and is now the historic center of Mexico City, so I don't think that would work well.

Black Panther 2: Letitia Wright Speaks Out Following Filming Controversy

don’t get her point here towards her behaviour (probably referring to the vaccination controversy)
“I’ve learned that in life, you just have to keep going strong with what you believe in, in terms of your talent, in terms of your desire to impact the world with your art, and that’s exactly what I’m doing, and I’m so proud of myself and the movie that’s coming out this year. I’m so proud of it.”

So she believes in not getting vaccinated and not caring about, as long as she can impact the world with her art?

Looks about right with the Atlanteans being merged with the Aztec culture. Namor looks like an Aztec king.

I rewatched Civil War last night. Such an awesome movie and if all that's been rumored these past two years ends up being true

This movie is going to be Civil War on steroids. Wakanda vs Atlantis courtesy of Victor Von Doom.

I am so excited!!! Way more excitement for this than for Thor or Quantumania or The Marvels.

Good for you because a lot of people feel the opposite as the wind was taken out of their sails once Chadwick Boseman died and they opted not to recast. And then the whole thing with Letitia Wright.

I‘m also very excited for this. I have to wait for the Thor trailer, but for now I‘m more excited for this than for Quantumania and Guardians 3.
This has so much potential (Wakanda, Atlanteans/Sunken Kingdom of Namor, Introduction of Doom, underwater war…)

I think of the movies yet to come out this year and we have dates for, I rank my excitement as:

Thor Love & Thunder
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Ant-Man & The Wasp Quantumania
The Marvels
Black Panther Wakanda Forever

I think of the movies yet to come out this year and we have dates for, I rank my excitement as:

Thor Love & Thunder
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Ant-Man & The Wasp Quantumania
The Marvels
Black Panther Wakanda Forever
Doctor Doom last??? Lol

Tenochtilan was a real place and is now the historic center of Mexico City, so I don't think that would work well.
I think they'll probably make it Aztlán. It's the supposed ancestral home of the Aztecs of which the real location is unknown and which is often shown as some kind of island. Plus the name Aztlán is kind of similar to Atlantis.

Just think how much cooler this movie would be if we had actual T'Challa (recast for obvious reasons) vs Namor...
I think the studio made the right choice. Writing Boseman's death into the MCU is a poignant statement. It commemorates his work forever (thus the title) and allows for a powerful message to be delivered across this franchise: any one of our heroes can be killed. That's the risk that comes with being a superhero. Tony died stopping Thanos. T'Challa got in Doom's way the moment he brought Wakanda out of the shadows. It grounds the MCU more.

I think its a brilliant way to incorporate a tragedy most people were never going to get over into the main story they're telling. It also makes Doom a hated supervillain from Day 1 which is the PERFECT intro for him.

The Namor Atlantis angle certainly boosts my interest in this.

The Namor Atlantis angle certainly boosts my interest in this.

Same and it could also be one of those movies who's had production problems but turns out to be really good. The casting of Tenoch Huerta and Mabel Cadena were interesting. I had thought that if they wanted a Mexican actor to play Namor, they would have tried to go after Mexican actors we've seen in plenty of English language projects, like one of Tenoch's co-stars from Narcos Mexico, Diego Luna or even Gael Garcia Bernal, who's apparently going to be Werewolf by Night or others like Diego Boneta or Adan Canto. It's an interesting casting choice by Sarah Finn

But Tenoch can speak English quite well based on this video:

And Mabel Cadena is probably one of those actors who can speak English really well, but we haven't seen it yet on our screens. I believe this is something that is more common than not: foreign, non Anglophone (from English speaking countries) actors who can speak really good English. We saw this with Ma Dong-soek as Gilgamesh (who apparently lived in Ohio when he was younger), Daniel Bruhl and Tony Leung in the MCU. We've seen Michelle Yeoh and Noomi Rapace in plenty of English language movies as well. I saw the Dutch series "Dirty Lines" and the English dubbing was done by a majority of the cast. There's a Norwegian film on Netflix where the Norwegian characters interact with the German characters in English and another one where the Danish protagonist interacts with the Italian characters in English.

Last edited:
I’m excited to see Mayan/Aztec culture be the influence over how the Atlanteans will be portrayed

A few months ago while vacationing in Cancun, we took a drive to Chichén Itzá to tour the Mayan ruins and it was incredible. Can’t wait to see the visuals for that onscreen
I spent a lot of time down there years ago. You used to be able to walk up to the top of El Castillo in Chichén Itzá, but I understand you can't do that anymore. Probably a good thing. It was about 100 degrees when I was there (came over on a bus from Merida) and the interesting thing was when I got to the top and went inside, it was really cool (or maybe it was just the heat differential??). How did you like the Temple of the Warriors and the Ball Court? They were saying that room at the foot of the ball court was for sacrifices, but I think they were playing us on that one?

Did you go to Tulum and some of the inland ruins? Tulum was beautiful and I stayed in a little cabana just south of it for about $2 a night....can't do that anymore I'm guessing. Such a weird buzz being in those places that used to be hubs of commerce and civilizations. I just kept trying to picture them as they were with people walking back and forth and going about their daily lives. Crazy......

Doctor Doom last??? Lol

You're saying this as if it's confirmed. It's not. Could he be in it? Sure but let's not get ahead of ourselves. The only substantial information has been really just Namor and the Atalantians and that's been floating around for 2+ years now.

Last edited:
You're saying this as if it's confirmed. It's not. Could he be in it? Sure but let's not get ahead of ourselves. The only substantial information has been really just Namor and the Atalantians and that's been floating around for 2+ years now.
He's in it.

The same way they made sure we knew Tobey and Andrew were in No Way Home and
Krasinski
and Stewart were in MoM despite no official confirmation beforehand, they are making sure we're talking about Doom in this movie now.

The studio allows these leaks because they build hype. And this movie REALLY needs hype.

So yes, I'm pretty convinced Doom is in this movie. Quote me on it in six months, but do it in the eventual Doom thread here in the BP2 forum.

He's in it.

The same way they made sure we knew Tobey and Andrew were in No Way Home and
Krasinski
and Stewart were in MoM despite no official confirmation beforehand, they are making sure we're talking about Doom in this movie now.

The studio allows these leaks because they build hype. And this movie REALLY needs hype.

So yes, I'm pretty convinced Doom is in this movie. Quote me on it in six months, but do it in the eventual Doom thread here in the BP2 forum.
The difference is Tobey and Andrew were leaked being in NWH about a year beforehand. The Illuminati being in Strange 2 was also leaked about 9 months before hand. We've heard nothing about Doom other than your fan speculation.

Again could he be in it sure. I would love to see him here in any capacity but there's no substantial evidence that he is yet. It's just speculation at this time.

Last edited:
I spent a lot of time down there years ago. You used to be able to walk up to the top of El Castillo in Chichén Itzá, but I understand you can't do that anymore. Probably a good thing. It was about 100 degrees when I was there (came over on a bus from Merida) and the interesting thing was when I got to the top and went inside, it was really cool (or maybe it was just the heat differential??). How did you like the Temple of the Warriors and the Ball Court? They were saying that room at the foot of the ball court was for sacrifices, but I think they were playing us on that one?

Did you go to Tulum and some of the inland ruins? Tulum was beautiful and I stayed in a little cabana just south of it for about $2 a night....can't do that anymore I'm guessing. Such a weird buzz being in those places that used to be hubs of commerce and civilizations. I just kept trying to picture them as they were with people walking back and forth and going about their daily lives. Crazy......
Unfortunately, the temple was closed off so we couldn’t go up. Our guide told us that they had enclosed it off a few years ago. The ball court and what was believed to be an observatory were incredible. Very beautiful and insightful

I stayed at Tulum as well and did get to check out some of the ruins that were on the beach. We stayed at an Airbnb about 15 min away from the main area of Tulum. One of days we were there we had spent it at Casa Malca which used to belong to Pablo Escobar and is now a resort.

I wonder, if there‘ll be a teaser trailer in front of Thor L&T. If so, than 2 weeks before it‘s release, expected between 20th and 30th of June.
If not, than it‘ll be the first MCU movie that didn’t receive a teaser/trailer before it’s last release.
Eternals, also a November-release got one in late May 2021
MoM didn’t get a teaser attached to NWH, but as a post credit scene.
I doubt Taika didn’t have a good post credit scene, so they need to attach a trailer to it (which has not much to do with Thor other than NWH and MoM)
And than again it was Sony…

Just think how much cooler this movie would be if we had actual T'Challa (recast for obvious reasons) vs Namor...
Having read Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers/Avengers run and how brilliantly he wrote the tension until it reached its boiling point between T’Challa and Namor makes me sad we’ll never get that in live action but life happens. Still looking forward to the movie though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"