Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

I’m also liking that just like the Reef Navi in Way of Water that the Atlanteans in BP:WF can’t seemingly propel themselves at supersonic speed like in Aquaman and mostly swim mostly normal and travel by riding undersea creatures.

I think it makes them more grounded and makes them different from Aquaman because it totally works for that universe but the two need to feel and look differently which they so far do.

I sure hope there's a 3rd party "real" enemy here; it's just gonna suck to watch these two beautiful kingdoms destroy each other...

so will lupita end up being the final black panther?

Plot leak that came out earlier this month that appears to be largely confirmed by the trailer:

Out of all the amazing shots in the trailer that almost subtle, quick transition of young Namor from behind to adult Namor from behind coming out of the water is easily one of my favorite shots in the trailer.

Yeah, I liked this a lot. Seems like his family might be killed in that fire? Maybe it was the Wakandans? There is that mural of them where they seem to be ancient rivals.

I went from being really skeptical of Namor's inclusion to being intrigued. Even if I just can't help but think I would be pretty damn excied if T'Challa was going up against Namor and him dealing with this blowback. Thinking about this more, I have to give Coogler credit for this looking like it could work for what it is.

Love the look of the lady in the front and the guy with the hammerhead shark skull on his head.
Mabel Cadena as Namora,
Edit(after dr.Evil bellow) Alex Livinallias Attuma

Last edited:
I sure hope there's a 3rd party "real" enemy here; it's just gonna suck to watch these two beautiful kingdoms destroy each other...

Well if the rumors are true and so far things are looking like they are,
WF will debut Doom as the mastermind behind the team that went exploring for Vibramium...also heard the possibility that Valentina may be answering to Doom too.

Well if the rumors are true and so far things are looking like they are,
WF will debut Doom as the mastermind behind the team that went exploring for Vibramium...also heard the possibility that Valentina may be answering to Doom too.

I was saying this in another thread…

I think it would be beneficial for Doom if he is also revealed to be the one that killed T’Challa. If they want to really solidify him as the threat we know he is, that’s the way to do it.

It would be crazy.

I was saying this in another thread…

I think it would be beneficial for Doom if he is also revealed to be the one that killed T’Challa. If they want to really solidify him as the threat we know he is, that’s the way to do it.

It would be crazy.

They're not gonna tie his death to a villain.

Mabel Cadena as Namora, Josué Maychi as Attuma
Ohhh that’s Namora? I noticed that she seems to be in more than a few shots. Was thinking she must be a somewhat important character.

Between this and GotG3, I will be a wreck over the next year.

Considering the reactions I am seeing for the teaser (which was beautifully done and I cannot rave enough about Ms Bassett), I really think people are going to show up and show out for this.

On another note, it really warms my cold heart to see this many talented black women take center stage and lead in a major Hollywood CBM. It’s unfortunate that it took losing Chadwick Boseman for this to happen, but it’s a sight to behold.

I cannot wait for November.

Best marvel trailer. I can't count the number of times I've watched it. The cinematography, the music, the cast, the emotions. That was incredible.

The reactions have been great all very social media. I knew that people would show up to support this movie, not just for Chadwick, but also for the incredible female characters, Coogler and the cast. November can't come soon enough.

I am very much into Marvel letting these director's take more control. It has especially helped visually in Phase 4. When you see what a Sam Raimi does vs what say Peyton Reed does, there is a noticeable gap in visual quality. The first film had wonderful art direction and sometimes subpar CG which hurt it visually. This movie looks gorgeous

Best marvel trailer. I can't count the number of times I've watched it. The cinematography, the music, the cast, the emotions. That was incredible.

The reactions have been great all very social media. I knew that people would show up to support this movie, not just for Chadwick, but also for the incredible female characters, Coogler and the cast. November can't come soon enough.

Oh sis, I'm fully convinced now that this will be another big event.

Always had faith in Coogler and his vision and what this cast can do, and this trailer definitely proved it. Come November in that theater, we are going to run the gamut and go through so many emotions, it's going to be a hell of a ride.

Also got really hyped with seeing Riri and her crafting her armor!

They're not gonna tie his death to a villain.

Yeah then again you're probably right.

Credit where credit is due as this is likely one of the finest trailers Marvel has ever put out. It has the feel of an "event" CBM and it plays on the emotional heart strings that A:IW and A:EG both had, which is natural - I mean the lead died of cancer and the first film broke the mold in terms of inclusivity/representation in CBM's. Seriously, whoever the team is they brought in to construct this wasn't messing around. The GA will eat this trailer up and help it coast to a $200+ million opening.

That being said, it still doesn't change what we've gotten all throughout Phase 4 and quite simply I know better at this point how different a film can be from its trailer. I felt the screenplay from the first one was extremely shoddy (with a terrible third act) and given what has transpired post-EG doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the Coogler team here. Unless this is benefitted by an extended run time - there's simply too much to unpack, especially introducing Namor and the re-imagined Atlantis. I will bersmerch Marvel if they screw around and give it 1hr:59mins like T:L&T.

I think it will for sure have the emotional beats many want - I just don't have a lot of faith that everything in the periphery will be well-rounded. It's time to take the foot off the corny joke gas pedal for at least this film.

Last edited:
Man, that new Avatar trailer had some unexpected moments in it. :p

More seriously, I got unexpectedly choked up a couple times in the trailer. I was skeptical that a story designed to add Namor to the MCU that had to pivot due to Chadwick Boseman's death would feel anything other than shoehorned, but it looks like it could be quite beautiful.

All I know is November should be amazing with God of War: Ragnarok and Wakanda Forever releasing in the span of two days.

c467fe7577432c954231a39594774dfb4febcb4d.gifv

5338a1cc52d8b89947de08a3e70799e3ca9fd20b.gifv

Oh sis, I'm fully convinced now that this will be another big event.

Always had faith in Coogler and his vision and what this cast can do, and this trailer definitely proved it. Come November in that theater, we are going to run the gamut and go through so many emotions, it's going to be a hell of a ride.

Also got really hyped with seeing Riri and her crafting her armor!

Yeah then again you're probably right.

I really think Black Panther has an advantage over most MCU films because it appeals to demographics OUTSIDE of the Marvel bubble. This is what propelled the first film's box office and kept it from being extremely front loaded despite it's massive opening. I've seen people on social media and in real life share their excitement for this trailer and the movie who don't even watch these movies. While idk if it will top the first films 700 million domestic number, it might not drop as much from the last film either. Maybe something like 690ish?? Marvel also needs to get rid of that dreadful Disney plus window and advertise that this will be on Disney Plus much later. Go back to a long theatrical window. That will only kill it's legs.

I hope this movie delivers because besides NO Way Home, it's been very miss lately in phase 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"