Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

The way they're trying to capitalize on Boseman's death is embarrassing.

Also, as I wrote in a review back in 2018
T'Challa in his own film not only is notoriously reduced to the role of a supporting character, but he still hardly manage to do anything, someone still has to help him, save his skin and do the job for him. Usually, the hero is replaced by the aforementioned female characters (of which, by the way, there are at least one too many here). Sometimes you can even get the impression that the director would rather focus on them, and get rid of the title character from the film altogether.

Well, it looks like they''ve done exactly that.

Rumor has it, that Shuri goes to the ancestors plain to bring back Killmonger. The BP in the end definitely has a masculine figure but Winston Duke is too broad.
The breakdown from New Rockstars also analyzed that it was Killmonger in the suit.

That’s where I got it :D

I predict MBJ (Kilmonger) gets arisen from the dead and takes on the BP mantle and redeems himself. Also, I wonder if they will give Namor the ability to fly in this one like in the comics.

I don't think that's kilmonger at all I think it's a woman. The hands are smaller, forearms are more narrow imo.

Oh thats definitwly a woman and its shuri shes way to skinny to be nakia or even okoye as she is more muscular. Whoever ia in the new suit ia really skinny/lithe and the only one fitting that description is shuri.

I've always had the stance that they should recast...just not in this movie. Have T'challa just not be present for the film's events. Come up with a reason he cannot be here. Then in the 3rd BP movie he comes back but recast. I very much respect Marvel's decision and I think its heartening that they're honoring Boseman in this way so I dont have a problem with it but...ultimately I think we need to have T'Challa back in the MCU in the future.

I agree. And don't get me wrong, this film looks to have some serious weight to it. I think it's absolutely beautiful what Coogler and this crew are putting together and I'm super excited about it. So, I don't think this was the wrong direction by any means. It's just that I see a lot of value in the alternate path and a part of me will always be bummed that T'Challa is no longer part of this universe. I don't think that finding another talented black actor would've cheapened anything Chad did or come off imitative. I feel like that's kinda reductive with respect to the pool of black talent that exists.

It is what it is though. I'm definitely on board with what we're getting and am ultimately just happy we get to continue exploring this world with these characters.

There is still the chance that we’ll see the son of T’Challah, who was born during the blib and now is already 4-5 years old. I think he’ll be a big part of the Wakanda series and he could be 10 years old in the next BP movie. Maybe they’re also doing a timejump after Secret Wars

Aren’t we in a multiverse where there could be numerous T’Challah’s that could look different for a new actor to step in?

Where online? Not on Apple or Spotify

Not the one asked for, still..
Soy - I am

No estamos escondidos
No, no, no, no
Estamos esperando
Wou, wou
Ayer miré las fotografías
De mi pasado que no sabía
Ayer miré que ya no eres mía
Soñé que te tenia en mi cama vacía

Soy lo que soy, no existirá otra opción
Sangre y dolor siento en el corazón
Todo cambio, se desapareció
No sabes cuanto a mi me dolió
Y aquí sigo acostumbrándome
A vivir, a ganar y a perder
Afuera siguen buscándome
El sol saldrá después de llover
Ave María cúbreme con tu manto
Mira cómo terminamos, hay veces que no aguanto
Camino por el asfaltado, sigo siendo el mismo bato
En la esquina soy el llanto, cada quien le reza a su santo
Ra-pa-pa-pa, otra vez un funeral
Perdona ma' por ser un criminal
No quiero cárcel, tampoco hospital
El tiempo cambia, ya nada es igual

Un día nuevo vendrá, un mundo nuevo será
Lo que te llega se va y muy pronto acabará
Un día nuevo vendrá, un mundo nuevo será
Lo que te llega se va y muy pronto acabará

Soy un águila en el nopal
Devorándome la serpiente del mal, la-ra-la
Muerto, salgan de su tumba
Que el sol nos quema y la tierra retumba
Soy agua, soy cielo
Soy fuego, soy viento
Soy aire, soy fuerza
Soy tierra, soy tierra

Música del barrio
Santa Fe Klan
Viva México
Dos mil y siempre
Oh, na-na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na
Ra-pa-pa
No estamos escondidos
No, no, no

0bd364fd736a62d084c1269835706f131b0b5ffc.gifv

Last edited:
I completely understand why people want T'Challa (recast or Multiverse) to be around but depending on how this film plays out I think it be for the best that the character stays in memoriam for a bit.

I personally would have zero enthusiasm for a new T'Challa at this point in time
Yeah a new T'Challah or Black Panther can be official by Secret Wars.

I predict MBJ (Kilmonger) gets arisen from the dead and takes on the BP mantle and redeems himself. Also, I wonder if they will give Namor the ability to fly in this one like in the comics.
I don't think they will have Namor do that right off the bat. If he gets his own show or movie it will be something debuted in that.

if he does the tidal wave for the throne room in Wakanda, he needs to fly - that throne room is really high up in the mountains

I wonder why both Nakia and Ramonda are at that beach with the pyramid in the background- sure outside Wakanda, but Tlalocan is a sunken kingdom.

I wonder why both Nakia and Ramonda are at that beach with the pyramid in the background- sure outside Wakanda, but Tlalocan is a sunken kingdom.

I'm guessing if it matches the mythology - Namor the Sub-Mariner
Tlālōcān as a netherworld and shamanic destination - achieved during dreams - via underground waterways, commonly a whirlpool...

Likely accessed through Cenotes/Xenotes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"