Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

I'd argue the actors an actresses of color are still representing themselves and their culture regardless of make up and CG. They'll be featured and marketed in one of the biggest franchises of all time. No amount of make up and CG can take away from that. Plus, they're playing south American characters, I don't see harm in letting them be characters. I think it'd be a different story if they were cast as generic or faceless roles that anyone could be, but the fact that marvel is willing to stray from the source material to create something more rich and more diverse says a lot for these actors. I get where you're coming from, I'm shut not certain it's a sticking point for this particular franchise/movie.

Plus we have a few actors of color (Zoe Saldana, David Bautista, who is of Filipino descent and Pom Klementieff, who is half Korean) playing aliens in GOTG.

I think there's a difference between the Atlanteans (along with Mutants, Inhumans, Vampires, etc.) who are still descended from humans and human cultures on the one hand, and aliens with no relation to Earth on the other hand. I think a blue Atlantean is about the same as having the mutant Blink be Afro-Bahamian (which at least her Exiles version is) who has permanent unnatural looking pink skin due to her mutation. Or if you would cast a POC as (blue) Beast, like many people are fancasting. I can definitely see how covering up the skin of POC actors can take something away from the representation. But I think all of those I mentioned above are still very different from having a POC actor play a Zen-Whoberi or Cotati or Kree.

Last edited:
Surprised by the negativity aimed at the Namor design.
I personally LOVE it.
I haven’t been a big fan of the costume design choices pretty much across the entire MCU but this? Looks fantastic.

I honestly didn’t plan on seeing this. I haven’t been following it at all but that Namor design and the way they seem to be handling him and his world have me very very interested.

Lot of Avatar similarities. This could backfire, if the cgi doesn’t look great - there definitely will play an Avatar trailer before BP2. And it is safe, that those underwater-effects will look gorgeous

Black Panther is coming out before Avatar, not the other way around.

I honestly doubt most would compare the two eXpecially Black Panther has more eXposure in movies in the last 6 years.

Avatar will be on everyone’s minds by the time BP2 comes out. Yeah they need to be careful about this looking too similar.

Idk, will it??
I know lots of people excited for BP 2, and exactly 0 people eagerly awaiting Avatar 2

I know it did crazy box office, but it was an average movie that had theaters all to itself for months and high-tech 3d that people were curious to see at the time

That said, I hope for makeup rather than CGI for the Atlanteans

And yeah, I don't understand any hate for Namor's design, he looks great (in the regular costume at least, the Jaguar head thing is whatever)

It’s ain’t the case that BP2 and Avater 2 are in a competition- they’re seperated by over a month.
But the underwater effects could probably look weaker compared to Avatar 2 (also the Atlanteans look, thankfully, like the Na‘vi)

Yeah you only need a month to get the maximum boxoffice revenue for these big blockbusters. They're both fine.

Despite of the subjective quality of the first film, it was technically and visually groundbreaking to the point no other film even came close to it ever since. Developing sequels for 13 years and knowing how selective and meticulous Cameron is with his films, I've seen it picking up people's interest again and building a lot of hype with general audience. At the very least it's a given it won't be a usual run-of-the-mill blockbuster.

I don't see Avatar hurting this however...

I don't know what is Disney doing right now and why they didn't attach the trailer for Black Panther in Thor like c'mon. We got a teaser for Black Adam and Avatar weeks ago. And there's only 1 Marvel movie left for this year.

Are they really planning to debut the trailer in a drier month like August and September?

I don't see Avatar hurting this however...

I don't know what is Disney doing right now and why they didn't attach the trailer for Black Panther in Thor like c'mon. We got a teaser for Black Adam and Avatar weeks ago. And there's only 1 Marvel movie left for this year.

Are they really planning to debut the trailer in a drier month like August and September?

They're probably waiting to debut it at San Diego Comic Con in 2 weeks.

SDCC has no bearing compare to mainstream audience seeing it in front of Thor Love and Thunder screenings.

So Imo it is such a MiXXed opportunity for the Love and Thunder of Marvel.

SDCC has no bearing compare to mainstream audience seeing it in front of Thor Love and Thunder screenings.

So Imo it is such a MiXXed opportunity for the Love and Thunder of Marvel.
I guess I disagree then. I see them getting much better reception and it becoming a more newsworthy event to debut it there.

I guess I disagree then. I see them getting much better reception and it becoming a more newsworthy event to debut it there.
SDCC is mostly for the hardcore fans....now would people talk about this movie / trailer had they seen this trailer in front of Thor than just seeing it online. It is why we have trailers in theaters. Most people don't even know what Sdcc is. The trailer is going to get news coverage regardless where it debuts.

However, Wakanda Forever trailer attached to Love and Thunder is a bigger promotion than just debuting it on SDCC which would eventually go online anyway as few people have access to going to Sdcc. Love and Thunder is literally the last Marvel film before Wakanda Forever and it would have helped for the casuals to see it in the big screen seconds they watch Love and Thunder.

Wonder if the film will get delayed as there is no trailer yet.

I was expecting a teaser to be put with Thor but they still have time. I always look at the major sporting events as when they will roll something out. A teaser later in this month but they should have a major trailer by NFL opening game 9/8 and the opening Sunday 9/11

I would imagine SDCC will be when the trailer debuts at this point

Wonder if the film will get delayed as there is no trailer yet.

Probably not because there’s no trailer yet.
But I have a feeling it will get delayed, because cinemas will close again - not because of Covid this time. Because politicians are debating now, what institutions need current for heating and ventilation.
Entertainment will be closed first as usual.
At least here in my country we have to fear that

Last edited:
Probably not because there’s no trailer yet.
But I have a feeling it will get delayed, because cinemas will close again - not because of Covid this time. Because politicians are debating now, what institutions need current for heating and ventilation.
Entertainment will be closed first as usual.

I haven't heard anything about this at all, are you fr the States or another country?

Gotta be elsewhere
Politicians in the US don't give a s*** about making sure we have proper ventilation
they got guns to give out and women's lives to ruin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"