• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Blade: Ideas for a future movie

8Diagrams(WU)

Sidekick
Reaction score
Who owns blade right now. Is it marvel studios, or new line?

Im surprised they arent trying to put out a new blade story considering the recent interest peak in vampire material. Id personally like to see an alternative to twilight.

I want to see Michael Jai White as blade. He could really pull it off as he can do martial arts and just looks like he could pull the character off very well.

Not sure if Marvel has regained the rights or not, but last I heard was New Line wanted to reboot Blade without Wesley.

I don't like the idea of a reboot. Nothing wrong with Wesley Snipes's Blade. The third movie was the worst, but it doesn't have end there with Wesley. Only reason they want to reboot is because Wesley wasn't happy with the direction the third film, and he expressed his opinion. The producers of course didn't like that so boot to Wesley and reboot out of the tube.

If the rights go back to Marvel, can they make a Blade movie? Specially now with Disney. Do they make movies past PG-13 rating? And Blade is bound to be R with all the cgi gore and stuff.

And if more Blade movies are made, I sure would like to see Morbius fight Blade. Throw Werewolf by Night in there as well.

I think reboot as a term is being used too loosely nowadays.

Blade should just have a new non origin story. Just like the first one was in some ways.

I would like to see the movie go in the direction of the first blade movie where it was a more streetwise based story where vampires were a corporation of sorts. Keep the techno/hip hop theme going and dont go as far as del toro in terms of fantasy.

Here MJW is doing his blade like thing, what do you guys think:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFQJrcCAzdI[/YT]

Last edited:
I love MJW, good actor, great voice, nice muscles. I'm still sad that Spawn sucked so hard. It was the perfect vehicle for him. Sigh...

Who owns blade right now. Is it marvel studios, or new line?

I want to see Michael Jai White as blade. He could really pull it off as he can do martial arts and just looks like he could pull the character off very well.

New Line still owns the rights to Blade. As for MJW, he auditioned for Blade The TV Series and what Goyer & the other producers were saying he was trying to hard to be Wesley's Blade. I don't agree with their decision, to me they went the safe route with Sticky since that would of been a break out roll for him. Snipes is very intimidating and if he wouldn't like something he wouldn't do it. I think Goyer felt the same kind of intimidation with MJW thats why he chose the safe route.

I agree with you in the sense that picking MJW might've been potentially more challenging for Goyer on an interpersonal level, but for the health of Blade the Series, passing up on MJW when he had the chance to cast him was a big mistake.

I think Kirk Jones became decent in the role, but he really started to get into it toward the end of the season. A more Wesley-like take on it by MJW, matched with his own martial arts skills, might not have been as disconcerting to old Blade fans as the de-powered and wooden portrayal from KJ.

I think that Goyer picked KJ because he was less experienced and perhaps not as likely to challenge Goyer creatively. And there's no way that MJW would've allowed them to make Blade the Series, Krista the Series, which is what happened. He would've had to be more front and center.

It's a shame that MJW didn't get picked. But if they make new Blade films in a few years, and don't bring back Wesley, I would like him to get a shot at that.

Blade does need a reboot. That doesnt mean Wesley's installments were trash. They made a significant contribution to Blade & comic movies in general. A fresh start is not a bad thing. And if Marvel capitalizes on the horror theme Blade is entrenched in he can be mega popular again. Wouldn't it be cool if for a scene or 2 Blade was on screen with Moon Knight, Werewolf or Ghost Rider? Just in passing somehow, promoting the cross over method Marvel is doing with Iron Man, Hulk, etc. Seems like a natural fit & successful idea with the right creative team behind it.

New Line still owns the rights to Blade. As for MJW, he auditioned for Blade The TV Series and what Goyer & the other producers were saying he was trying to hard to be Wesley's Blade. I don't agree with their decision, to me they went the safe route with Sticky since that would of been a break out roll for him. Snipes is very intimidating and if he wouldn't like something he wouldn't do it. I think Goyer felt the same kind of intimidation with MJW thats why he chose the safe route.

That was a huge mistake on their behalf. I didnt know this. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense for MJW to be Blade in a future movie. I just hope new line doesnt sit on this forever.

I want to see any kind of Blade movie, reboot or not as I miss the guy....I loved Wesley's Blade but I don't see it returning. :(

Blade vs. Morbius, that's what is needed in the next installment.

They must do a "Blade Origins" movie. With a young actor to play Blade.

In the movie we must discovered very well the early age of Blade, his met with Whistler.

I'd want, like all of your, Morbius as a villain. He's a good choice for an origin movie.

P.s. They don't ignore the first three movies. So in this movie Blade wants to find and kill the vampire that killed his mother.

I think a Blade movie may get made, after Sony announced its going to kick Raimi & Maguire to the curb in favor of a reboot, I think that was Greenlight for Blade to do the same.

I don't care if it's a 4th movie with Wesley, a reboot, or an animated series. I just want some more Blade, and I want it done right! Wherever this franchise goes next, I hope and pray that the creators actually pay attention to what worked for the first two movies. They seriously didn't learn their lesson with Trinity, so there needs to be a new batch of people that gets the idea of avoiding failure again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"