Blue Beetle Live Action Series In Development?

Man of Tomorrow

Superhero
Reaction score
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102444-blue-beetle-live-action-show-in-development

Blue_Beetle_36_cover_by_rafaelalbuquerqueart.jpg
255561-67158-blue-beetle_large.jpg

It sounds like DC's version of Spider-man is coming to live action television. Is this Smallville's replacement?

Will it have ties to Smallville or be a completely NEW television series?

yeah, i've only read one story with this version of the blue beetle, and i didn't like it at all. I forget what it was called, but it had beetle taking a stance on illegal immigration and it caused all sorts of contraversy and what not. Now i'm all for stories with a message, but i personally didn't agree with what it had to say, seemed like it was supporting illegal immigration, i'm not usually political, but i don't appreciate a comic book ramming liberal ideaologies down my throat. Plus, it had some lame ass villian who could control magnetism or something because he read a book and taught himself how. Now i understand it could have just been that specific story, but based on that I'm not sure if i like the reyes incarnation of blue beetle. are there any good stories anybody could reccommend me to change my mind?

This thread probably doesn't belong on Smallville's forum...

Not sure how I'd feel about Blue Beetle as a show, I've only read a few comics with him in them, but I'm just sayin'...

yeah, i've only read one story with this version of the blue beetle, and i didn't like it at all. I forget what it was called, but it had beetle taking a stance on illegal immigration and it caused all sorts of contraversy and what not. Now i'm all for stories with a message, but i personally didn't agree with what it had to say, seemed like it was supporting illegal immigration, i'm not usually political, but i don't appreciate a comic book ramming liberal ideaologies down my throat.
I didn't really take this message away from that book. It certainly did point out the grey area about illegal immigration. It was also about a character being forced into betraying his own race. But most importantly, i found it was about the idea of it not being a superhero's place to patrol boarders when there's more pressing crimes to take care of.

I really enjoyed the entire run on the new Blue Beetle.

Plus, it had some lame ass villian who could control magnetism or something because he read a book and taught himself how. Now i understand it could have just been that specific story, but based on that I'm not sure if i like the reyes incarnation of blue beetle. are there any good stories anybody could reccommend me to change my mind?
Actually, the villain read a book about overcoming obstacles or something. He learned how to control magnetism from the original dr polaris.

As for stories to reccomend... That's tricky as I feel for the most parts it's a good idea to read the entire run, so that you get to really know the characters. However, the 6 issues or so where he's taking on the reach were stellar. I really enjoyed them.

End Game Blue Beetle vol. 6, #20–26

if not the CW, then where? Some people have described Blue Beetle(Jaime Reyes) the Spiderman of DC. So are we talking about ABC family here?

Unfortunately, CW is the only network where a series like this could last like Smallville did.

Fox sounds like they're trying to end "Human Target." 8-9 million viewers isn't enough for them.

Unfortunately, CW is the only network where a series like this could last like Smallville did.

Fox sounds like they're trying to end "Human Target." 8-9 million viewers isn't enough for them.

Fox renewed Human Target. How does that equal them trying to end it?

:confused:

It's on Friday Death Night now, isn't it?

Rating will plummet and then they'll have legitimate reason to cancel it, happens all the time.

I told myself after Smallville and Supernatural ends, I'm walking away from the CW forever. Not even Blue Beetle will bring me back!

just read about the blue beetle news. Sounds pretty cool. It would be sweet to see another super powered dc character show in live action. Hopefully it happens. Though i wonder how they are going to pull off the jaime version on a tv show budget? also i wonder where they are hoping to land it on tv?

yea i know that i was just wondering you know, it all counts on the type of budget the show has to make it look good and not cheesy and all that. As for network, i doubt cw would take it if they even shopped it to them. Though it would all count on what direction the show would be to what networks to shop it to. Cause for all we know they could shop it to fox/nbc/tnt/usa for example. Though i could see it going to fox. But with them usally trying a show out they can up and can out of the blue. So maybe going to a network like syfy for example would be a prime place to put it.

I would hope it isn't on CW, but Jaime Reyes seems about right for their type of shows. He's a teenager in highschool, just like Ultimate Spider-man.

I found the suits in Absolute Justice absolutely cheesy..... but I think this suit could be done well. Given network TV budgets, I think they could pull off a Blue Beetle suit as organic looking as the one from Guyver 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ddCLwOfPeQ

They just need some great action choreographers/martial artists for this show.

I would hope it isn't on CW, but Jaime Reyes seems about right for their type of shows. He's a teenager in highschool, just like Ultimate Spider-man.

I found the suits in Absolute Justice absolutely cheesy..... but I think this suit could be done well. Given network TV budgets, I think they could pull off a Blue Beetle suit as organic looking as the one from Guyver 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ddCLwOfPeQ

They just need some great action choreographers/martial artists for this show.

Yes, but unlike the preference that Dawn Ostroff :-)whatever:) has for all the networks shows, Jaime doesn't have a vagina.

I'd be happy if her vagina power causes Blue Beetle to be on another network.

Syfy could work too

Syfy could be nice.

I honestly think that we might see Jamie Reyes on Smallville this year, which will see how people react to him, plus Geoff did say that he was going to try to get the live action test shoot for Blue Beetle to SDCC this year. So if he does show up I bet it will most likely be on the CW network.

I really hope not.

If "Blue Beetle" is connected with Smallville, that would ruin it for me.

I'd rather it be a new universe and separate series so they can take it in a different direction than an SV spinoff.

Yeah, they've tried the spinoff route before and it didn't work out too well for them. Keep 'em seperate.

Well technically "Aquaman" was a separate universe, not connected with Smallville.

Justin Hartley wasn't playing Alan Ritchson's 'Aquabro' character.

Yeah, they've tried the spinoff route before and it didn't work out too well for them. Keep 'em seperate.

Not only what Man of Tomorrow said but also the CW didn't even give Mercy Reef a chance, the show could have done great, so it's not like the had a show on the network and it failed

Well technically "Aquaman" was a separate universe, not connected with Smallville.

Justin Hartley wasn't playing Alan Ritchson's 'Aquabro' character.

Oh, he wasn't? Everything I ever read about the series made it sound like a spinoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"