Blue Beetle (Live-Action)

Have him show up near the season finale of Smallville and spin it off.

Why wouldnt they be serious? Jamie is a great character. In regards to the images, I think they stayed very close to the source material, and I think it looks great

Are you guys serious? Thank god this is just a test. This reeks of CW.

could have put it in the blue beetle thread.

pretty cool test images. I wonder how it will look for real. If it actually goes into production. Hopefully it will. Cant wait to see what happens. I definately would love to see another super powered dc character make way to live action screens.

wait so their not using TEd Kord? I thought they were trying to keep everything Silver Age:huh:

Last edited:
^^ You do know that not all of DC's shows show up on the CW, right? Human Target is DC, and it airs on FOX. This series could very likely end up on a different, and much better, network. Possibly even on cable.

Have him show up near the season finale of Smallville and spin it off.

God no.

Keep this series far away from Smallville, otherwise the decaying feeling of SV will slowly crawl its way to Blue Beetle's series and mess it up too.

And no pun intended.

Last edited:
well this is tv show compared to doing a movie on the character. Plus like others have said who knows if any of the other two beetle characters would even appear in the show if it happens.

This show should totally be about Jamie Reyes early years BEFORE he became the Blue Beetle.

Maybe he could get the scarab in the last shot of the tenth and final season!

:oldrazz:

looks absolutely terrible. i hope they don't do this. a green arrow show would be much, much better. but knowing WB and DC they'll do it anyways.

bats its only a test image and not even full real life/finalized cgi/costume deal. Plus we dont even know if it will ultimately end up going to series in the end.

looks absolutely terrible. i hope they don't do this. a green arrow show would be much, much better. but knowing WB and DC they'll do it anyways.
They've got a Green Lantern cartoon in the works, you know.

There were rumors before it was officially announced that it's being produced by Bruce Timm and will be CG a la Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

This show should totally be about Jamie Reyes early years BEFORE he became the Blue Beetle.

if its BLACK armor then why is the hero called BLUE betle?

Looking good so far, just hope they get the greenlight and improve the costume a little. Not a fan of the eyes would prefer lenses like Spider-man's. But this could be a cool show if done right!

I'd watch it. Though that costume looks really beetle borgish.

well it is only test images and not what the real outfit would look like. For all we know if it goes to series it could look alot different.

And during its ninth season, Reyes will have a prototype suit which colors will be gold and red.

if its BLACK armor then why is the hero called BLUE betle?

The scarab is a blue beetle. Don't ask me why most of his armor is black though, I never really understood it as both Garrett and Kord wore mostly blue attire.

Last edited:
^^ You do know that not all of DC's shows show up on the CW, right? Human Target is DC, and it airs on FOX. This series could very likely end up on a different, and much better, network. Possibly even on cable.

God no.

Keep this series far away from Smallville, otherwise the decaying feeling of SV will slowly crawl its way to Blue Beetle's series and mess it up too.

And no pun intended.

I was talking about the quality of the images. It's like a cheap CW tv show.

The images are the first screen test. They will vastly improve later on. But I agree, the show needs to stay far away from Smallville and CW.

I'm interested. I think it would have been better to go with a Ted Kord type suit though. If only so poor CGI would never be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"