Clone Wars "Bonus Content"

So honestly, after finishing TCW, does Revenge of the Sith bother anyone a bit now? I mean
Anakin was allowed to just go off to do the investigation about Fives without any argument from the other Jedi. It was Anakin's squad, but still.

But its things like this that when the Jedi become huge a**holes in ROTS, not letting Anakin on missions, and refusing his mastery, it really contrasts a lot with TCW. It feel really jarring to me now.

Well actually Lucas viewed EU as canon, a different level but he had guidelines and control over the fate of events/characters. Such as telling comic/book writers to not kill off Quinlan Vos as he had intended to have him appear in SW Underworld.the new Lucasfilm and Disney seem to be changing that.

The Darth Maul comic is by Dark Horse, Marvel doesn't take over until next year.

Oh ok, I guess I was wrong. I'm still fairly certain the DM tale will be canon.

So honestly, after finishing TCW, does Revenge of the Sith bother anyone a bit now? I mean
Anakin was allowed to just go off to do the investigation about Fives without any argument from the other Jedi. It was Anakin's squad, but still.

But its things like this that when the Jedi become huge a**holes in ROTS, not letting Anakin on missions, and refusing his mastery, it really contrasts a lot with TCW. It feel really jarring to me now.

While I like the prequels, ROTS has bothered me before TCW. I think TCW has made ROTS better but I don't nessecarily see it as jarring due to how paranoid the Jedi were becoming in the final moments of the Clone Wars due to essentially evil being everywhere from crazy clones, crazy Jedi, and all sorts of other craziness. I think the way the Jedi acted made alot of sense, they were trusting Palpatine far less.

Oh ok, I guess I was wrong. I'm still fairly certain the DM tale will be canon.

I hope so!

Nice when a series leaves u feeling complete and satisfied, its also rare so I really appreciate it!

The way i see it things were unraveling by the time ROTS raged on. The jedi were more than flawed, but you also have to remember Anakin wasnt exactly Mr. Stability either. In fact, i would say the jedi shouldnt have trusted Anakin at all, they were right in keeping him out of the loop. Palps only forced Anakin onto the Council to antagonize and to cause distrust. Anakin wasnt ready to be a master imo. He lacked the maturity.

The way i see it things were unraveling by the time ROTS raged on. The jedi were more than flawed, but you also have to remember Anakin wasnt exactly Mr. Stability either. In fact, i would say the jedi shouldnt have trusted Anakin at all, they were right in keeping him out of the loop. Palps only forced Anakin onto the Council to antagonize and to cause distrust. Anakin wasnt ready to be a master imo. He lacked the maturity.

After seeing the Clovis arc, this actually made quite a bit of sense. Anakin got pretty rough there for a bit. And I did realize that a lot of the missions we see are directly from Palpatine, the Jedi seem to have little influence. So when it does come to Jedi matters, it makes sense them keeping him at a distance. But it still makes it a bit hard, consider like in the Clovis arc, Anakin being praised once again for being right where the others may not have been, but still not being trusted by ROTS.

I haven't finished it yet, but did this show just completely forget about Grievous? I know he wasn't exactly the top character or anything, hell they probably spent more time on Darth Maul, but the one thing I'd hoped for was that it'd build Grievous up a bit more as the badass we were supposed to believe he was.

Grievous up a bit more as the badass we were supposed to believe he was.

I'm not sure that Grievous was supposed to exist in the eyes of Lucas. The micro-series, certain novels, and many comics made Grievous to be the terrifying droid commander. TCW and ROTS had him as a coward, supposedly this is the way Lucas intended him to be. An opposite Darth Vader. I've never liked the ROTS/TCW version of him but otherwise loved the other version depicting him as this awesome Jedi killer that made the CIS a force to be reckoned with.

Haha, did anyone else notice
Mark Hamill was Darth Bane?

I loved the definition they gave to the stupid idea of the midichlorines.

Well actually Lucas viewed EU as canon, a different level but he had guidelines and control over the fate of events/characters. Such as telling comic/book writers to not kill off Quinlan Vos as he had intended to have him appear in SW Underworld.the new Lucasfilm and Disney seem to be changing that.

He takes things from the EU at times and places them in his movie or show but he never viewed it as canon. Lucas claims there are three universe: his universe, the EU universe, and the fan universe.

Plus he said this, "The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married."

Plus he steamrolled the EU many times in the Clone Wars.

Finished the series and the Yoda arc was the best

Dave Filoni on The Lost Missions’ Yoda Arc

Back when I interviewed Dave Filoni about Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we spoke for a long time regarding the series’ themes, its final broadcast season, and its legacy. I included almost everything we discussed in the final three-part piece…except for one brief exchange that had to remain on the cutting room floor: our talk about the Lost Missions’ Yoda arc, which at the time, was a little too spoilery to publish. Now that the episodes are out on Netflix for everyone to enjoy, I’m really happy to share his thoughts on this essential story.

continued...

So does Darth Bane have an official look? It looks like the EU had one look, then he had another look with a crazy starfish mask, and now he has another look here.

So does Darth Bane have an official look? It looks like the EU had one look, then he had another look with a crazy starfish mask, and now he has another look here.

This is his new official look. But one could say this is how he looked during only one time in his life allowing the EU to not be contradicted.

The offical site however says that this episode "allowed for the character to undergo a redesign to define his canonical look". This seems to once more hint that Disney is going to unfortunately scrap the EU.

Just finished season six/bonus content, whatever you want to call it. It was great, even the episodes that started off feeling like they would be dull (banking clan/Padme, Jar Jar) turned out to be pretty darn good. Really enjoyed the 'chip' explanation for Order 66. Seeing Mace Windu in action is always a treat too.

Curious, was it ever officially stated by any of the producers and those involved with the franchise that the Jedi were also going "corrupt" during the last days of the Republic?

I mean when i look back at the entire clone wars series, along with Episode 3, I feel like the only decent Jedi were Yoda and Obi-wan when it came to personalities, whereas everyone else could care less about being actual protectors and more about making sure the Republic won or that they weren't losing their own control over the order and their influence in the republic.

I don't know if they were corrupt, more like...stuck between a rock and hard place. My general feeling is that the Jedi, or at least most of them, the ones who stuck closest to the Jedi core values, never wanted to go to war. It was done more out of necessity. Weren't they reluctant to get involved in the beginning? And then one thing lead to another, and before they knew the Jedi had become generals and by the end of it they were in too deep to do anything about it.

I got to say that these episodes made Palpatine an even more absolutely perfectly diabolical master genius

I don't know if they were corrupt, more like...stuck between a rock and hard place. My general feeling is that the Jedi, or at least most of them, the ones who stuck closest to the Jedi core values, never wanted to go to war. It was done more out of necessity. Weren't they reluctant to get involved in the beginning? And then one thing lead to another, and before they knew the Jedi had become generals and by the end of it they were in too deep to do anything about it.
Agreed. I wouldnt call the jedi corrupt. I see them more like having lost their path, forgotten who they were and what their purpose was. And i give full credit to Palpatine's manipulations. In all honestly, the second Palps became chancellor, the jedi were doomed. I dont think they stood a chance. But Palps was smart in getting them involved in the war. Not only did he manage to decimate their numbers, but also spread them all over the galaxy, kept them busy with the fight. He could get away with it all if his biggest thread was weakened. He had to wait for the moment to give his final blow to the jedi with Order 66.

He may have ordered order 66 but Yoda order a
Nuke under the name of Luke!

Thanks I can't believe I never thought about that one till now!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Dave Filoni Looks Back at Season 6 and the Show's Final Episodes
Our wrap up discussion with The Clone Wars supervising director on the show's final storylines.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars has come to an end, with the thirteen-episode final season making its debut on Netflix recently. With the show over, I spoke to the show’s supervising director, Dave Filoni, for an in-depth, lengthy conversation about the storylines in Season 6, the big revelations that occurred and yes, a bit on the things that were never completed, when the decision was made to end the series.

Filoni spoke about the thought-process behind what we saw in the final season, how certain key moments came to be and much more, and also touched upon the upcoming series, Star Wars Rebels.

continued...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"