Clone Wars "Bonus Content"

That was a great read, tnx for posting!

A few things stood out for me:

An interesting line in Revenge of the Sith to me was always "Our worst fears have been realized”, from Mace Windu - [the fear that] the Chancellor is the Sith Lord. I think that tells you that the Council has some idea of what's going on, but do they want to acknowledge it? How much can they press that? For all the reasons I've described… So you go to the Senate and tell them that he's a Sith Lord, well, so what? How are they going to remove the Chancellor? They say in Revenge of the Sith that if they try and do that, it's going to look like a coup, which is exactly what Palpatine wants. So the unfortunate thing for the Jedi Council I think is that, while I tried to show that they were more aware of the trap that had been laid for them than we thought, they were definitely struggling to figure out a way to get out of that trap.
I agree with Dave, the jedi were trapped. Doomed no matter what they did by that point.

Filoni: [Laughs] Yeah, exactly. What does it mean that Rex is basically the only clone that hears what pretty much the truth is, and how would that affect his future? I would posit that it affects his future greatly. So, you know, you'll just have to wait and see what that means. [Laughs] It used to be great because I could mess with you like this, and we had a whole season coming next year, but that's not the case now. But we have other exciting Star Wars content coming, so, you know…
Could this mean we will see Rex again? (be it a comic or future show?) Could my theory of him leaving at some point come true? Stay tuned folks, who knows! lol

This article is awesome. I just spent about 30 mins reading it, pretty revealing.

I've been avoiding this thread but tonight I saw the first two arcs of the bonus content and they were the show at it's very best IMO.

The Fives/Protocol 66 arc was incredible, not only did it flesh out Order 66 but it was a damn good mystery that drew me in even though I knew Tup and Fives would not get justice, and I loved the team-up between Fives and AZ-3.

I also really enjoyed the Clovis arc, especially the first part with Embo and the awesome snow chase on Scipio, a planet I thought was awesome. It delved into an aspect that is a factor in any war and featured another brilliant scheme from Palpatine as he tightened his control and positioned everything for his plan to work. I thought the ending battle on Scipio was great as well.

So I finished the final eps today.

"The Disappeared" was ok despite all the Jar Jar, it did have a number of nods to the first 3 Indy movies which I thought was fun.

The Yoda arc that begins with the discovery of Sifo Dyas' ship and Lightsaber may be the shows finest hour and is certainly a fitting finale. Everything from the story, to the dialogue, to the music, to the imagery is amazing!

Was looking forward to reading your reaction, Hunter. Glad you liked it! It was indeed a heck of a way to end this show. Talk about going out on a high note.

Was looking forward to reading your reaction, Hunter. Glad you liked it! It was indeed a heck of a way to end this show. Talk about going out on a high note.

You can just feel the love for Star Wars that was poured into these eps by Filoni and his team, they deserved to be released as a 6th season, I hope they still get put on Blu Ray.

The Order 66 and Yoda arcs really added depth and layers to the overall saga, the latter gave me chills at times, watching Yoda on Dagobah with that music took me back to that feeling I had as a kid watching Star Wars, just magical.

I think visually this may have been the best work the show has ever done, from the incredibly fun snow chase on Scipico, to Yoda's visions in the cave on Dagabah to him facing The Sith ghosts on Moriband, all the way to
the final encounter with Palpatine inside the Sith created vision, just amazing.

My favourite sequence though was when Yoda faced the manifestation of his own dark side, just a magnificent idea that they executed perfectly.

I just finished the series. I actually went back and rewatched from season three onwards to prepare for the lost episodes. I had never witnessed season 5 so that was a mindgasm as well. The Maul arcs, Ahsoka arc, Order 66, and Yoda stuff near the end were all fantastic, truly captivating material.

This show completely revitalizes the prequel era and reveals the true Anakin that Obi-Wan Kenobi tells Luke about. God, I love this series.

Also, Palpatine vs. Maul/Savage was the greatest fight ever. Jesus. The only thing that could have made it better was for Maul to use Savage's lightsaber for some nostalgic Maul action. ;)

I can not wait for Rebels and I hope we get to see some familiar faces!

I finished the series last night and I watched in "clonelogical" order. Thank you Netflix and to David Filoni and the rest of the team that made such a wonderful show. There were some outstanding arcs that made this show memorable and you could tell the creators had a passion for the material and were fans themselves. I would of liked a few more episodes and a lead in to the rots film. There were some things left unanswered but I'm glad most were covered. I hope rebels is this enjoyable and we find out the fate of certain characters.

Such an enjoyable series.

I want these on DVD/blu ray STAT to complete my collection.

I wish they'd put this and the bonus content eps on a Blu Ray release. :(

Hopefully this unfinished arc will be included with the Blu Ray of The Lost Missions (aka Season 6) which is rumored (and pretty sure that it will be released).

So, anyone see the new (rough) episodes posted on starwars.com? They were pretty fun, too bad they weren't completed. Even had a possible link to the OT.

Bim? Have you seen them? Some good Obi-Wan stuff! :up:

I really enjoyed this arc! One of the things I always wanted to see in the prequels was the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. I wanted to see Anakin be the "good friend" that Old Ben was telling Luke about in A New Hope. The Clone Wars helped flesh that relationship out, but I was still hoping they'd explore their friendship/camaraderie even further. This Utapau arc is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for. I particularly liked Anakin confiding in Obi-Wan while expressing remorse over the Ahsoka situation. I'm glad they showed it was weighing on him.

I wish the animation could have been completed, but I'm grateful for what we got!

Hell yes, preordered! :woot:

If worse comes to worse I will Skype you and you can watch it over my shoulder. :oldrazz:

tumblr_lg7iv9SLnq1qafrh6.gif

I don't suppose anyone has any idea when these Lost Missions will be release in the U.K on Blu-Ray? Or does the U.S Blu-Ray work on our systems? I wouldn't mind getting them, because I haven't managed to see them yet, but they don't seem to be available for purchase here yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"