Brave and the Bold Casting Thread

NGL, I would be totally on board with Jake because he’s such a brilliant actor, but on the other hand, the 2nd question I always ask myself when considering a candidate for Batman, after “what kind of actor is he,” is “what does he SOUND like,” and that’s where Jake loses points big time for me. His perpetual Boy Voice is like the total opposite of what Bruce should sound like in my head, and while I’d be happy to get past it if he were chosen just because I know he’d kill it in the acting department, it still makes him far from my top choice. The Voice is a big part of the whole Batman package for me, and I hate voice changers, so I’d prefer an actor who’s got a killer voice naturally. It’s not a deal breaker, but a much bigger factor with this character than others for me.

This. It's really the only notch against him for me, but it's a big one. That aside, Gunn's Superman cast reminds me of the old days when Hollywood cast lesser-known actors in the major hero roles with more recognizable actors as the villains. I think we'll see that strategy with this film too.

So, all that in mind, Oliver Jackson-Cohen has my top vote for Bruce. He's got the chops, the looks, and a helluva voice. Connor Swindells would be my Nightwing choice and I'd love to see Leslie Grace get her shot at Batgirl. And then bring in someone like Rami Malek as Ra's Al Ghul if he ends up being the rogue of this flick.

**** it.

2714f3863bf93c76297e216aa295155f.jpg

Cooper rivals Jake in my "Dream Batman" category.
He might be the only A-lister that Gunn would feel more comfortable on getting too. He already knows Cooper is loyal (he also signed that petition to get him back as Guardians director), he's a great voice actor so that works for his plans, and after Rocket he could be eager to do something with him in live-action. The biggest question is whether Cooper would want it, but if he did I think he's the only actor that could go up to Gunn, ask him for the role and get it no auditions involved.

He might be the only A-lister that Gunn would feel more comfortable on getting too. He already knows Cooper is loyal (he also signed that petition to get him back as Guardians director), he's a great voice actor so that works for his plans, and after Rocket he could be eager to do something with him in live-action. The biggest question is whether Cooper would want it, but if he did I think he's the only actor that could go up to Gunn, ask him for the role and get it no auditions involved.
Realistically he's still probably too expensive and probably wants to focus on his (thus far stellar) directorial career. I'd say he was gonna be Phillips Batman eventually if the eight billion dollars they'll offer Joaquin to do a third Joker that probably would have Batman in it pans out if he weren't older than Phoenix.

I think Chris Pine would be a fun choice as Bruce Wayne / Batman in the DCU. He can certainly pull off the Wayne playboy persona, and I’m sure he has a gravely Batman voice somewhere in him.

Could definitely see Pine as a seasoned crusader with all his gadgets and vehicles (and hopefully a Bat family member or two) before Damien is dropped on his doorstep by Talia.

chris-pine-in-dungeons-dragons.jpg

I think Chris Pine would be a fun choice as Bruce Wayne / Batman in the DCU. He can certainly pull off the Wayne playboy persona, and I’m sure he has a gravely Batman voice somewhere in him.

Could definitely see Pine as a seasoned crusader with all his gadgets and vehicles (and hopefully a Bat family member or two) before Damien is dropped on his doorstep by Talia.

chris-pine-in-dungeons-dragons.jpg
The problem is:

Oh lol damn that’s recent too.

Maybe the chance to play Batman would sway him :upsidedown:

Bradley Cooper feels like a very realistic idea. I love it, especially for a Justice League International inspired Batman. I prefer a Batman in his 40s or early 50s within the context of a shared universe.

And give me Pierce Brosnan as Alfred finally.

Let’s just forget Black Adam; Brosnan’s only getting better for the role. He could be a perfect blend of Gough/Caine/Irons.

God Cooper would be perfect if he was just a few years younger. He'd by nearly 60 in ten years time though.

Don't really want Jake in the part, (Big) maybe If this wasn't a Bat-Family, Batman but my desire to see it has waned over the years.

Pace is probably my favorite idea right now, Oliver Jackson-Cohen is a very very close second.

Batman should be one of the oldest members of the League. I like that dynamic. I always viewed Hal, Ollie, and Arthur as being a bit older as well. I think those characters lend themselves more to an actor in their 40s or 50s.

I don’t think Cooper is too old at all but we don’t know what Gunn wants

I’d gladly take Cooper over Gyllenhaal or Gosling. Maybe he’d direct too.

Hmm I agree if he was good instead of bad he would be good, instead of bad
I was pointing out he's a terrible actor because he's a pretty widespread fancast on certain corners of social media and it seems not that many people are aware of it. Do you ever say anything even remotely useful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"