• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how they're going to avoid making this Russia vs. America? And I think when it comes down to it Cap 2 will feel more like a high-concept espionage thriller with shades of political thriller.

Last edited:
I wonder how they're going to avoid making this Russia vs. America? And I think when it comes down to it Cap 2 will feel more like a high-concept espionage thriller with shades of political thriller.

Have the villain be merely Russian without representing Russia. Kind of like how Iron Man 2 did it.

Last edited:
According to Sebastian Stan, this is what he'll be doing in CATWS.

tumblr_miqgmktIQv1qd8k0go2_500.jpg

That would take Widow out of it though.

Not at all.
A lot of her Russian espionage experience (MCU Widow, that is) seems to be post-Soviet. The guys she was infiltrating at the beginning of Avengers were typical modern Russian mafia and corrupt military.

A Russian-based WS works just as well as a hit man for the Russian mafia as he does a KGB assassin.

Not at all.
A lot of her Russian espionage experience (MCU Widow, that is) seems to be post-Soviet. The guys she was infiltrating at the beginning of Avengers were typical modern Russian mafia and corrupt military.

A Russian-based WS works just as well as a hit man for the Russian mafia as he does a KGB assassin.
Hmm, I suppose. I still think Widow worked as a spy for the Russian Government given what she said to Loki in the Avengers.

Hmm, I suppose. I still think Widow worked as a spy for the Russian Government given what she said to Loki in the Avengers.

The Russians still have ruthless and shady spies. They're just not called the KGB anymore. :)

Right...but that still doesn't solve the Russia vs. America undertone. Even if it's just the Russian mafia it could still come off that way if they're not really careful.

There is another photo of Stan strangling Captain Ameribear. The person who took the two photos said that Stan declared, "This is what I'm going to do in The Winter Soldier!" before throttling the poor bear. :woot:

I wonder why Mayimbe mentioned Hawkeye in one of his recent tweets. Hope that means he'll be in TWS.

Because Evans hair was pretty short at the Oscars and filming is right around the corner, I have question: Did Chris wear a wig in both Captain America and Avengers?

Because Evans hair was pretty short at the Oscars and filming is right around the corner, I have question: Did Chris wear a wig in both Captain America and Avengers?

He did. It was pretty obvious in the Avengers, given that it wasn't a complete wig.

Now wtf is this ****? This is disappointing, Chris needs to WORK. HIS. ASS. OUT. Cap 2's coming up and it doesn't seem like he's taking this seriously enough. This was him last night at the Oscars.

634.ChrisEvans.mh.022413.jpg

Evans hopefully doesn't start phoning it in. We still have this sequel and two more Avenger movies at least. Then again, maybe he already hit his pay day and wants to move on to other things.

Now wtf is this ****? This is disappointing, Chris needs to WORK. HIS. ASS. OUT. Cap 2's coming up and it doesn't seem like he's taking this seriously enough. This was him last night at the Oscars.

I'm sure he'll be fine. With him not being a professional bodybuilder, it's not like he has to stay buff all year round. He's hasn't disappointed in the previous two films, so I don't see why he would in any of the future ones.

There were photos of Chris last week wearing a t-shirt and he looked fine. He's never going to look like a Liefeld drawing, and he shouldn't. People have got to be realistic about this.

What I got from this photo is that Chris looked incredibly handsome last night. As did RDJ, Renner, Ruffalo and SamJack. The Avengers assembled one sexy cast. I can't wait for TA2 so we can see them all in action again.

634.ChrisEvans.mh.022413.jpg

There were photos of Chris last week wearing a t-shirt and he looked fine. He's never going to look like a Liefeld drawing, and he shouldn't. People have got to be realistic about this.
Damnit, I want that look. It'll be a failure if he doesn't look like that.:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back