• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natasha hasn’t really formed a nice dynamic with anybody except Steve (and that was hard-earned - I mainly blame this on how dull I find ScarJo to be in the role), so I doubt I would get much out of a Carol/Natasha interaction as I would hope based on their comics counterparts. Right now, Steve, Thor, Quill, Falcon and Rhodey are the ones I’m most interested in seeing her interact with (once the snapped people come back, of course).

I really like Natasha and Hawkeye's friendship especially seeing her with his family in Age of Ultron.
I also hope we get some cool power-combo moments with Carol in A4. Moments like Thor hitting his hammer on Cap's shield to knock out hydra men or everyone hopping out of Dr Strange's portals to take down Thanos on Titan or even Bucky swinging around Rocket Raccoon are the best.
I've read that she absorbs energy so a scene where Thor strikes her with lightning, powering her up to take out someone else would be sweet if that's how that works lol.

You shouldn't listen to these people, they are in the minority anyways. I've only seen good things on twitter and tumblr concerning Brie and this movie. The only negative comments I saw were from anti-mcu DC fans that took issue with the, "the future is female" regarding captain marvel.
Eh, I'm a DC fan and I'm looking forward to both Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman 1984 movies, not many DC fans are posting negative comments about this movie here, is it too hard to support both movies ?

DmqpCxJX4AAQIY5

DmqpDi_XsAIJm5k

DmqpEHGXoAEM6dr

Natasha hasn’t really formed a nice dynamic with anybody except Steve (and that was hard-earned - I mainly blame this on how dull I find ScarJo to be in the role), so I doubt I would get much out of a Carol/Natasha interaction as I would hope based on their comics counterparts. Right now, Steve, Thor, Quill, Falcon and Rhodey are the ones I’m most interested in seeing her interact with (once the snapped people come back, of course).
They tried to have her and Stark in IM2 but it never worked for me. She just works best with Steve and even Fury.

I want to see her interact with Hulk if we get a Hulk like Ragnarok. I know his personality will be a bit different after Thanos beat him, but he needs to have some fun. Scott is another one because Rudd has the ability to make things fun same with Holland so Spider-Man is another.

I'd like to know how he felt knowing he returns to the MCU films after being dead there for 6 years.

Eh, I'm a DC fan and I'm looking forward to both Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman 1984 movies, not many DC fans are posting negative comments about this movie here, is it too hard to support both movies ?
Yeah, honestly, the most vocal hate I'm seeing seems to be coming from MRA circles railing against "the PC agenda," not DC fans.

There is absolutely no need to pit Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman against each other. If we want more female heroes in the future, we need them both to be successful. If only one was, we all know the studio execs would just chalk it up to a fluke and continue with their usual white male line-ups. These people typically need to be shown a lesson multiple times before they actually learn anything from it.

My daughter knows very little about Captain Marvel....but she can't wait for the movie to come out. She also is chomping at the bit for the next Wonder Woman movie to arrive.

Shuri said the Anti-MCU group.

A reminder to everyone. Uncensored cursing is not allowed on the Hype....so do not post videos with uncensored cursing in it.

My daughter knows very little about Captain Marvel....but she can't wait for the movie to come out. She also is chomping at the bit for the next Wonder Woman movie to arrive.
Ditto! :up:

Yeah, honestly, the most vocal hate I'm seeing seems to be coming from MRA circles railing against "the PC agenda," not DC fans.

There is absolutely no need to pit Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman against each other. If we want more female heroes in the future, we need them both to be successful. If only one was, we all know the studio execs would just chalk it up to a fluke and continue with their usual white male line-ups. These people typically need to be shown a lesson multiple times before they actually learn anything from it.

Yup. Much like how I noticed many of the people excited for Black Panther are also excited for Aquaman and vice-versa. People forget that the Marvel/DC divide is largely a fandom thing that doesn't matter as much to the general audience other than just finding movies they like.

We watched Avengers: Infinity War again tonight....and she made sure we ran the DVD up to the end scene so she could watch Fury page her....then she said "Captain Marvel is coming to kick Thanos's butt."
:funny: :up:

The difference is that Gal Gadot was playing a literal pop culture icon, not what is currently one of the most hated characters in comic books. A controversial actress playing a controversial character... the next months are going to be a nightmare.

Tell that to Rian Johnson and Kelly Marie Tran. Last Jedi was both a critical and a commercial success... has that stopped the haters?

I'm just so pissed at Marvel and Ike Perlmutter right now. This movie should've been made years ago, for so many reasons.

Do you know how much those people are to the overall box office of the film? Less than 10%. You keep letting minority opinions get into your head and you are derailing the thread.

Nobody cares what comic book fans think. They hated Tony after cw in comics and it had zero impact in the movie.

Surely they wouldn’t just Beyoncé it though. There will be no doubt tons of hype!

The difference is that Gal Gadot was playing a literal pop culture icon, not what is currently one of the most hated characters in comic books. A controversial actress playing a controversial character... the next months are going to be a nightmare.

Tell that to Rian Johnson and Kelly Marie Tran. Last Jedi was both a critical and a commercial success... has that stopped the haters?

I'm just so pissed at Marvel and Ike Perlmutter right now. This movie should've been made years ago, for so many reasons.

Whatever. Mark ruffalo talks politics all the time and no one gives him a rough time about it. The only thing controversial about Brie is that she’s a woman and I hope there would be a bigger outcry if suddenly the movie became about Carl Danvers.

Carol & Steve and Carol & Natasha.

I’m looking forward to carol and Wanda. I actually think Brie and Elizabeth will get along famously! Even have a bit of a Hemsworth/Evans type friendship

Aw same old Coulson. Oh well. At least they’ll get to develop a bit more of the bromance and the “My one good eye” line.

Interesting they’re not revealing who Law is playing. Maybe he is just some random guy and Mar-Vell will be a war hero from long ago who succumbed to cancer. Maybe Law might even be the villain of the next movie?

Do you know how much those people are to the overall box office of the film? Less than 10%. You keep letting minority opinions get into your head and you are derailing the thread.
Derailing the thread by discussing the movie and the actress to which this entire subforum is dedicated. Dude, you're the one who only shows up to scold other users when they are being too negative.

And again, I wasn't talking about box office, but whatever.

Yeah, not in my experience. Don't even get me started on how awful DCEU fans / #SnyderCutters are being towards Brie and this movie. I don't want BaronZemo to scold me again.

Aw same old Coulson. Oh well. At least they’ll get to develop a bit more of the bromance and the “My one good eye” line.
Lol, I doubt that picture of Coulson is from this movie.

Awesome. Hopefully many girls out there feel the same about those 2 films.

Anti-mcu DC fans, not DC fans. I meant the DC fans that hates the MCU and of course they are few. I know a lot of DC fans that love Brie and want to see captain marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"