• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Cast the live-action Legend of Zelda movie

Well, what about this:
Emma Watson as Zelda
22_emma-watson.jpg

Either Edward Speelers or Jeremy Sumpter
tumblr_lgfce7ED6i1qfi9lh.jpg
1gvxotbv35zcbt3v.jpg

And as Ganondorf, I say Clive Owen
King-Arthur.jpg

Actually, even Lucas Till would work as Link
Lucas_Till_havoc.jpeg

del toro should direct !! only way i would be excited

Abe kinda looked like the Zora people anyways!!
Doug_abe.jpg
Zora.jpg

The line "Take any one you want" or "It's dangerous to go alone - take one of these" MUST be in a movie or else! :cmad: :oldrazz:

His body yes, head not so much.

Zora_Guard_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

Though, if they do give Link a supporting cast, the Zora wouldn't be around too much since they need water.

Last edited:
I have an idea of a Zelda trilogy movie in my mind. Would love to pitch it to Nintendo and write the scripts. Actually, started on the first script a long time ago (I think 2004) but never got to finish it. Have the treatments already written.

Aonuma might go for it. He said he'd like to see a Zelda movie some day. Miyamoto not so much. Though apparently he did like the Super Mario Bros movie. Not sure what to make of that. Maybe he was just being polite.

William Mosely and Jamie Bell are good suggestions. I think Bell would be best, acting-wise, but Mosely's looks are closer to Link.

If Macaulay Culkin wasn't so old, he could have played the role.

i have never beat any game other than the first one, so anything they put in this that goes against anything after the original LOZ i wont know anything about and will probably enjoy, lol.

i would love to see this happen though...i'd rather see the japanese do it first though. They tend to make video game/manga movies correctly.

Hoult and Mia both have very elven features imo and both good actors they would be my casting choices

Link - Nichlous Hoult
Times+BFI+London+Film+Festival+Single+Man+HZoWSNlEcPwl.jpg

Princess Zelda - Mia Wasikowska
mia-wasikowska-05.jpg

i even think link's attire would look great and very movie accessible
link01-Render_76160_640screen.jpg

Hoult and Mia both have very elven features imo and both good actors they would be my casting choices

Link - Nichlous Hoult
Times+BFI+London+Film+Festival+Single+Man+HZoWSNlEcPwl.jpg

i even think link's attire would look great and very movie accessible
link01-Render_76160_640screen.jpg
Ah, come one!!!! Hoult doesn't even look like Link! You can do better than this.

Ryan Gosling as Link

Emma Watson as Princess Zelda

Javier Bardem as Ganondorf

^ the oldest link has ever looked is maybe 17-18

Gosling is 31 lol

Ryan Gosling has 10 years over Watson

he is 31 she is 21

Who would be brave enough to wear that green stocking cap is the one you want.

thats is the only obstacle in adapting the costume

everything else would look great on film

all you have to do is dye his hair lol
He still doesn't fit. His face is kinda wrong, and he's too old as well.

And now we even suggesting Ryan Gosling. Oh, I didn't know the film would be about Link's father

^he just played a teenager in first class

all the actors suggested are pretty terrible so i thought i'd suggest a young good actor who can pass as a teenager

and link does'nt look the same in any game

link from skyward sword does'nt look like link from OOT or WW

he keeps his standard look

white
blue eyes
blonde hair

Last edited:
The only actor of the late 80s who's even close to suit the part as Link.... is William Mosely. His look is so right I can forget the fact he's even older than Hoult. But he makes it up by appearing to be younger. Hoult comes off as a little too mature to be that boyish looking Link

Samuel L Jackson for Link

Melissa McCarthy for Zelda

Chase Crawford for Ganondorf

Brad Pitt's cane for the Master Sword

I think whoever would be Ganondorf should be Ian McShane. I think he would be perfect.

I think whoever would be Ganondorf should be Ian McShane. I think he would be perfect.

Voice ain't bad, but Ganondorf is like seven to eight feet tall. Obviously, any actor they get probably won't be that tall, but he does need an imposing physical presence. Ian McShane is shorter than most incarnations of Link.

what about Clancy Brown dude is 6'3 and a great booming voice

Interesting choice. He's certainly got the voice. Haven't seen him in much (in person, heard him a lot). I'd say, maybe. Presumably anyone in the role would get a lot of make up to look like a Gerudo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"