Cloak & Dagger Cloak and Dagger General Discussion

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
cloak-and-dagger.jpg

Freeform is venturing into the Marvel universe.

The younger-skewing ABC-owned network has greenlit “Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger” with a straight-to-series order, Variety has exclusively learned.

Described as a superhero love story, “Cloak and Dagger” is based on the titular comic book duo (also known as Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson) who have appeared in Marvel Comics classics, including “Spiderman” and “X-Men” stories.

The live-action interracial romance follows the duo, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love — Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.

No writer has been attached to the series, but the search is currently underway. Marvel Studios and ABC Signature Studios will co-produce.
The characters’ story is targeted toward young adults, making “Cloak and Dagger” a seamless fit for Freeform (previously ABC Family) whose target audience is “Becomers,” the 14-34 demo.

Marking the network’s first-ever Marvel series, Freeform is following in the footsteps of big sister net ABC, which has a slew of Marvel properties on its slate including “Agents of SHIELD” and “Agent Carter,” plus Mockingbird spinoff “Marvel’s Most Wanted” and a top-secret Marvel project from John Ridley in development. Getting Freeform into the Marvel game is a smart move for Disney-ABC, as the cable network is held to lower ratings standards than a big broadcast network. (ABC has struggled with ratings for “Agent Carter,” which remains on the bubble in the wake of critical praise.)

Superhero fare is a new genre for Freeform, which recently pushed into fantasy fare with “Shadowhunters.” That drama was just renewed for a second season, and “Cloak and Dagger” will pair nicely with the saga series, broadening the net’s programming.
Variety

Cloak and Dagger look very cool.

But some people seems worried about the channel, what kind of show are they doing?

But some people seems worried about the channel, what kind of show are they doing?

Pretty Little Liars to name one, a teen mystery show.

And Shadowhunters as stated above, a sci-fi/fantasy show aimed to young adults.

Pretty Little Liars to name one, a teen mystery show.

And Shadowhunters as stated above, a sci-fi/fantasy show aimed to young adults.
I never watch these show, I hope it won't be too much like the bad apsects of some cw show.

Last edited:
Alexandra Daddario for Dagger :D

I didn't know what the hell Freeform was (and I'm not really that jazzed to find out it's the former ABC Family), but I'm excited for this.

I'm curious, but the channel doesn't give much confidence.

I didn't know what the hell Freeform was (and I'm not really that jazzed to find out it's the former ABC Family), but I'm excited for this.

Not too sure about Cloak and Dagger on Freeform, I try watching Shadowhunters and I just gave up on it

I'm worried about the network but I'll happily give this show a chance.

At least it's a real superhero show and not yet another Marvel spy show on TV.

Teen Drama/Romance

People seem to forget Cloak and Dagger in conception were pretty much the original RUNAWAYS, teens out on their own against the world.

Now, how do they make an entire series of shows based on C & D and what supporting cast/villains they could use? I do not know.. I'm mostly familiar with them from their original aspect of Spider-Man allies...

Maybe they can barrow Silvermane from Sony?

I would have kinda preferred THE RUNAWAYS to get a series, with Cloak And Dagger popping up in that.. but we will see how it goes.

I like C 'n D, but my hopes aren't too high for this... I have NO interest in teeny romance drama...

I'm not sure what Freeform is. Is it another network channel like ABC or more of a web-based thing like Netflix? Or is it a cable channel?

It would be nice to see Cloak and Dagger, but if it's more of the same tone as the ABC series we've had, how different will it be from Agents of SHIELD and Marvel's Most Wanted?

I hope that it's more of a straight superhero show with proper costumes, and not some generic jumpsuits. I prefer it to be like one of the DC superhero shows for once instead of more SHIELD-based monotony.

Laaame
They should s**tcan "Most Wanted" and put this on a real network (or netflix)

Boy, this doesn't make any of you sound like ungrateful brats at all. :o

Teen Drama/Romance

People seem to forget Cloak and Dagger in conception were pretty much the original RUNAWAYS, teens out on their own against the world.

Now, how do they make an entire series of shows based on C & D and what supporting cast/villains they could use? I do not know.. I'm mostly familiar with them from their original aspect of Spider-Man allies...
I imagine Cloak and Dagger going after drug dealers at first like they did in the comics.

Father Francis Xavier Delgado and Detective Brigid O'Reilly will most likely be their allies as they were in the comics.

Dr. Simon Marshall who gave them their powers could be an early villain.

Dr Marshall's D-Lite drug experiments also created super villain crime lord Mister Negative. I don't know if Sony will let them use him.

Other villains

Corrupt cop Roger Falcone who tried to murder Detective Brigid O'Reilly.
Dagger's creepy stalker Reginald Mantz. Mantz tried to frame Cloak in Runaways Vol2.
Jester (Jody Putt), another one of those gadget gimmick prankster type villains like DC's the Trickster.
Cadaver, diseased creature that drains and draws light as well as life. C&D's Parasite.
Ecstasy, Renee Deladieris a French criminal that runs a criminal organization based in Marseilles. Deladier steals a portion of Cloaks powers.
Predator. A millennial old shape shifting darkforce dimension demon. Feeds off the life force of people. Cloak is a portal his realm.
Shriek. Crazy villain who can manipulate sound. Like many D&D villains she was a drug dealer who went nuts after being absorbed into Cloak's dark dimension.
Tessa. A vampire that tried to seduce Cloak into unleashing his dark side and full powers.

Loeb said the duo will be relocated to a post-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans when ABC Family was developing the show back in 2011. I'm not sure if it is still the case. It might be cool to she the show set in New Orleans as I like the MCU heroes spread out.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what Freeform is. Is it another network channel like ABC or more of a web-based thing like Netflix? Or is it a cable channel?

It would be nice to see Cloak and Dagger, but if it's more of the same tone as the ABC series we've had, how different will it be from Agents of SHIELD and Marvel's Most Wanted?

I hope that it's more of a straight superhero show with proper costumes, and not some generic jumpsuits. I prefer it to be like one of the DC superhero shows for once instead of more SHIELD-based monotony.

It's a cable channel that just change their name

.... for those of you not wanting a teen angst drama.. what the hell do you know about cloak and dagger? lol that's kinda what they're known for.

people have to realize that not everyone buys and likes ever comic book... so it shouldn't be shocking if one doesn't like ever live-action adaptation either.. so premises just arn't some peoples cup of tea.. and that's ok.

I imagine Cloak and Dagger going after drug dealers at first like they did in the comics.

Father Francis Xavier Delgado and Detective Brigid O'Reilly will most likely be their allies as they were in the comics.

Dr. Simon Marshall who gave them their powers could be an early villain.

Dr Marshall's D-Lite drug experiments also created super villain crime lord Mister Negative. I don't know if Sony will let them use him.

Other villains are Corrupt cop Roger Falcone who tried to murder Detective Brigid O'Reilly and Dagger's creepy stalker Reginald Mantz. Mantz tried to frame Cloak in Runaways Vol2.

Loeb said the duo will be relocated to a post-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans when ABC Family was developing the show back in 2011. I'm not sure if it is still the case. It might be cool to she the show set in New Orleans as I like the MCU heroes spread out.

yeah New Orleans is the new location from what i've been reading. that's staying in tact.. and likely will be good for the show so they don't have to combat with NYC heroes and villains and leave us questioning why they arn't crossing over...

I guess i meant more powered individuals... Silvermane and Mr. Negative would be fantastic if they can use them.

Boy, this doesn't make any of you sound like ungrateful brats at all. :o

so, by your estimation, anything, absolutely anything that they announce, everyone just has to be super psyched about or we're 'ungrateful brats'?
cool story brah

This network suits the sorts of characters Cloak & Dagger are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"