Cloak & Dagger Cloak and Dagger General Discussion

Please don't let this be a cheese fest.
I'm worried because it's ABC family.

I hope its like the old Mantlo stories

I'm hyped

I hope they don't put Runaways on that channel.

exactly.. and the demographic for them. it all fits very well

gearing it towards teens makes sense
putting it on a network full of cheesy production quality and terrible actors is the problem

I hope they don't put Runaways on that channel.

Why? People absolutely love Pretty Little Liars... and Runaways tone is pretty much that. You want a 15-35 demo for that show anyway.. it would include those who read it when it was out and who would find appealing for it now. I don't see much of the 40+ audience giving a hoot about Runaways. It really wouldn't be appropriate for a prime time networks demographic.

Why? People absolutely love Pretty Little Liars... and Runaways tone is pretty much that. You want a 15-35 demo for that show anyway.. it would include those who read it when it was out and who would find appealing for it now. I don't see much of the 40+ audience giving a hoot about Runaways. It really wouldn't be appropriate for a prime time networks demographic.
Cause I want Runaways to have a solid budget, A list talent and production. There's a difference between the films, Netflix and Agent Carter/SHIELD. While I enjoy them all I'd much rather Runaways fall into a feature film or Netflix series.

People watch anything Marvel does, so I don't buy the argument that an older demo wouldn't be interested. I don't think they are gonna stop watching Spider-Man just cause he's in high school.

gearing it towards teens makes sense
putting it on a network full of cheesy production quality and terrible actors is the problem

See above post about Runaways and Pretty Little Liars...

the only other network this show would make sense on is MTV.. but with MTV being owned by Viacom and Disney already owning Free-form it makes the most sense...

and again, pretty little liars has a massively huge fan-base... and people have no problem with the quality of that show.. is it for macho male adults? no... but personal tastes aside, that channel does have successful shows that have a pretty big following.

This network in particular isn't really even an indication to quality material anyway.. its the production house.. which will still be marvel.

but for some people.. no matter what.. Cloak and Dagger just isn't going to be ones cup-o-tea. it's that plane and simple.

Marvel has not hit the tween-teen fan-base really just yet.. and it's quite clear that's what they are attempting to do with Cloak and Dagger.. and as we both agree.. the target demo makes sense.

Now if ABC still had TGIF.. then sure.. it would fit in. but that's kinda what the concept of Freeform is now as it's own channel anyway.

Idk, maybe your right, I haven't seen any of Pretty Little Liars
but everything else that ever came from ABC Family was utter dogs**t
I'd honestly rather MTV (god I feel dirty saying that), but we'll see

Cause I want Runaways to have a solid budget, A list talent and production. There's a difference between the films, Netflix and Agent Carter/SHIELD. While I enjoy them all I'd much rather Runaways fall into a feature film or Netflix series.

People watch anything Marvel does, so I don't buy the argument that an older demo wouldn't be interested.

Netflix likely has too much on their plate right now... and it makes sense for C&D to be on Freeform..

i hope runaways gets a movie.. but if not Freeform is perfectly acceptable.. especial with the humor and subject matter of Runaways... it'd do fine, and actually have a better chance at being successful on free form. But if we got it on Netflix i'd be super happy about that.

keep in mind Runaways was and still is basically an "Indie Comic" from marvel.. not everyone read it.. most arn't familiar with it.. and those of us who likely love it most are between the ages of 25-35. Network tV has the wider audience... (Netflix means people have to willingly want to binge it with likely knowing little about it) and it's about teens.. this isn't Jessica Jones...

unless Netflix hyped it really well and had a better tween-teen demo.. Runaways i just don't see being all that successful on their. But it's perfectly suited for Freeform if Marvel keeps up with the Carter/SHIELD quality (which tone and quality actually fits RUNAWAYS)

More people were aware of Runaways then Guardians Of The Galaxy. Nico alone has become far more popular through the years.

When your head writers were Brian K Vaughan and Joss Whdeon you gain a fanbase. I don't want that writing getting a downgrade.

As far as the demo argument I don't buy that at all.

Idk, maybe your right, I haven't seen any of Pretty Little Liars
but everything else that ever came from ABC Family was utter dogs**t
I'd honestly rather MTV (god I feel dirty saying that), but we'll see

hey, people loved Kyle XY too.. at least first few seasons.

i mean i wont lie, i don't watch freeform shows.. not because of the quality.. but because of the content.. it's not for my demographic or something as relatable to me. But PLL does have an insanely large fanbase... I see that enough from social media.. and when i was on the Warnerbros tour they were filming.. and people were nuts about it.

Ill definitely be tuning into Cloak and Dagger though

More people were aware of Runaways then Guardians Of The Galaxy. Nico alone has become far more popular through the years.

When your head writers were Brian K Vaughan and Joss Whdeon you gain a fanbase. I don't want that writing getting a downgrade.

As far as the demo argument I don't buy that at all.

the writting wouldn't get a downgrade.. and it would stand a chance for any of that unless BkV or JW were actually front running it. BkV was at one point.. so he hopefully will again when the time comes.

While the channel may work good for Cloak and Dagger. Unless the budget is gonna be massive I just don't see why that channel would be a good thing for Runaways. I highly doubt they would even have the funds to give us a convincing old lace. It's gonna be expensive one way or the other without heavily cutting back.

Been hoping that having Spider-Man be in high school will open the door for more younger characters like Nico, Chase, Kate Bisop, Kamala etc in the films. I don't think all those characters should stay away from the big screen.

Last edited:
Maybe the rebranding means they're going to mend their ways and actually start producing stuff that isn't cheapo crap

Last edited:
so, by your estimation, anything, absolutely anything that they announce, everyone just has to be super psyched about or we're 'ungrateful brats'?
cool story brah

No, it's called taking a f***ing wait and see approach and having the decency to give the only network that's showing any desire to touch this material a chance, rather than whining about the venue before seeing a frame of footage. Brah.

:o

I just don't see why that channel would be a good thing. I highly doubt they would even have the funds to give us a convincing old lace. It's gonna be expensive one way or the other without heavily cutting back.

regardless.. you're talking about a show this forum is not about and something several years away.... at least. lol I really wouldn't worry about it. TV CGI is terrible on any network outside of HBO and even NetFlix CGI isn't all that great.

People complaining about this being a teen drama clearly don't know anything about Cloak and Dagger do they?! I think that format and the channel they chose suits the characters and their origin perfectly.

regardless.. you're talking about a show this forum is not about and something several years away.... at least. lol I really wouldn't worry about it. TV CGI is terrible on any network outside of HBO and even NetFlix CGI isn't all that great.
I don't think this show was exactly expected. Even though it's not my preference I can definitely see Marvel putting out younger demo shows on a channel dedicated to that so I think it's worth discussion. They don't seem to like just putting one show on a channel.

I don't think this show was exactly expected. Even though it's not my preference I can definitely see Marvel putting out younger demo shows on a channel dedicated to that so I think it's worth discussion. They don't seem to like just putting one show on a channel.

well in any case.. if Freeform (ABC tween-teen) adapted any marvel comics what so ever.... there's nothing more suited for them than Cloak and Dagger, Runaways, Kamila Khan, Spider-Gwen and New Warriors...

hey, people loved Kyle XY too.. at least first few seasons.

i mean i wont lie, i don't watch freeform shows.. not because of the quality.. but because of the content.. it's not for my demographic or something as relatable to me. But PLL does have an insanely large fanbase... I see that enough from social media.. and when i was on the Warnerbros tour they were filming.. and people were nuts about it.

Ill definitely be tuning into Cloak and Dagger though

This. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this. The only thing I watch on Freeform is the Middle reruns.

So how will they connect this to the MCU?

This is one of the Marvel TV shows I was hoping would get made, so I'm happy about that

The network doesn't worry me at all

All networks have had both good and bad shows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"