• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cloak & Dagger Cloak and Dagger General Discussion

Pretty cool.

I really hope it doesn't start off as a straight up romance. I really hope they have a "will they won't they" love/hate relationship for the first season.

Also, wouldn't it be interesting if they do a role reversal? Instead of Cloak being a street kid, Dagger is the homeless street kid, and Cloak is just some privileged brat. Maybe like a "pretty woman" type situation.

They both ultimately fulfill there classic comic book roles, but it avoids the obvious cliche of black kid from the streets. The pretty blonde girl ends up being more street wise than him.

Doesn't bother me either way but I think a small change would be fun.

In the ultimate comics Cloak (Ty Johnson) and Dagger (Tandy Bowen) were high school sweethearts that were critically injured in a car accident while on their way to their prom. Roxxon's Brain Trust had the two teens declared legally dead and used them as test subjects in an experiment involving dark matter, resulting in Tandy and Ty gaining superpowers.

Perhaps they can merge elements of the Ultimate and traditional 616 origins like they have with some other MCU characters.

I know this isn't the right thread for this observation but the Agent Carter forum is dead so I'll just leave this here: I'm surprised Freeform didn't pick up Agent Carter. It seems to be right up their alley.

I know this isn't the right thread for this observation but the Agent Carter forum is dead so I'll just leave this here: I'm surprised Freeform didn't pick up Agent Carter. It seems to be right up their alley.

I was never a big fan of the show, but I hope Marvel continue Agent Carter stories in some form. 5 minute Marvel shorts, or one off flashback episodes in AoS

In the ultimate comics Cloak (Ty Johnson) and Dagger (Tandy Bowen) were high school sweethearts that were critically injured in a car accident while on their way to their prom. Roxxon's Brain Trust had the two teens declared legally dead and used them as test subjects in an experiment involving dark matter, resulting in Tandy and Ty gaining superpowers.

Perhaps they can merge elements of the Ultimate and traditional 616 origins like they have with some other MCU characters.

I REALLY hope they lose the high school sweet heart angle. Maybe I'm just a cynical *******, but I can't get into full on romance stories. If there destined to be a couple, I hope they build up to it, and don't hit the ground running with full blown romantic relationship.

They will probably do a will they won't they romance. I doubt they will do the high school sweethearts route as there isn't as much relationship drama in that take on the characters.

I really hope it doesn't start off as a straight up romance. I really hope they have a "will they won't they" love/hate relationship for the first season.

Also, wouldn't it be interesting if they do a role reversal? Instead of Cloak being a street kid, Dagger is the homeless street kid, and Cloak is just some privileged brat. Maybe like a "pretty woman" type situation.

They both ultimately fulfill there classic comic book roles, but it avoids the obvious cliche of black kid from the streets. The pretty blonde girl ends up being more street wise than him.

Doesn't bother me either way but I think a small change would be fun.

Cloak wasn't really a street kid in his origin. He ran away from home because his friend got wrongfully shot and killed by a cop and he couldn't save his friend because of his stutter. I actually hope they keep that part of his origin.

The only thing I don't want to see is Cloak pinning after Dagger with her getting on with her life while he's a antisocial recluse like he's often portrayed in the comics.

That's probably exactly what'll happen, lol.

I liked that ultimate Cloak wasn't as angst ridden as his 616 counterpart was. Some brooding is expected with Cloak but I hope isn't like that most of the time.

Jeph Loeb Reveals Why "Cloak & Dagger" Landed At Freeform

With the Television Critics Association press event underway, plenty of news has broken out about Marvel's TV offerings. We've learned more about the circumstances surrounding the end of "Agent Carter" and the potential launch of new series.

During Marvel's own TCA event, Head of Marvel Television Jeph Loeb spoke about one series that isn't on a network that Marvel's worked with in the past (like ABC or Netflix). Surprisingly, "Cloak and Dagger" was greenlit by Freeform in April, expanding Marvel's potential reach to another network.

“It’s a love story that happens to have characters that have always traditionally been in that age group,” said Loeb, as reported by SlashFilm. “It’s not like we took something and made it into a YA. It speaks to a YA audience and is a YA property. Would I do 'Punisher' on Freeform? I don’t think that’s going to connect the same way.”

"Cloak and Dagger" will center on Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, teenagers from different backgrounds who grapple with newly acquired superpowers -- Tandy can emit daggers of light, while Tyrone can engulf others in darkness -- even as they fall in love.

Freeform is ABC's teen-targeted network, and you might remember it by its former title ABC Family. So far Marvel Television has a live-action show on ABC ("Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") and multiple shows through their partnership with Netflix ("Daredevil," "Jessica Jones" and the upcoming "Luke Cage"). While it's not set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel Television also has a Marvel Comics-based show, "Legion," arriving on FX. No information has been given regarding the status of "Cloak and Dagger" following news of it getting the go-ahead from Freeform.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/jeph-loeb-reveals-why-cloak-dagger-landed-freeform

I'm wondering if Cloaks dark dimension... (Possible Dr Strange spoilers)...
is going to have a link to Dormammu's dark dimension. They may have to create another dark dimension to avoid any potential plot holes or overlaps with whatever they set up in Dr Strange. Or they might not even go with Cloak having a Dark dimension at all now that I think about it.

I'm wondering if Cloaks dark dimension... (Possible Dr Strange spoilers)...
is going to have a link to Dormammu's dark dimension. They may have to create another dark dimension to avoid any potential plot holes or overlaps with whatever they set up in Dr Strange. Or they might not even go with Cloak having a Dark dimension at all now that I think about it.

This show is not in the MCU.

No one has said it isn't. Unless you're talking about that last article a couple posts up, which is saying Legion is not set in the MCU, not this.

Oh, I misread the sentence in the article.

Joe Pokaski worked on Heroes and wrote some ultimate Fantastic Four comics.

Hummm. Which season of Heroes?

yeah that's a big factor lol... and when did he write for F4...? because ugh.. both of those properties went south quick

ew, season 3 was the worst... well... nvm..

it was basically like this...

Season 1 (full season) = Great
Season 2 (First Half) = Good
Season 2 (Last Half) = Terrible
Season 3 (First Half) = Terrible
Season 3 (Last Half) = Good-ish
Season 4 (full season) = "Eh"

He also did the episodes of Daredevil season 1 that focussed on the Russians. The one where Anatoly is decapitated by Fisk and the one with Matt and Vladimir in the warehouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"