Clone Wars Clone Wars Saved

Most Excellent News!!!!!!

:woot::woot::woot::woot:

How long are we going to continue milking the same stuff? Didn't we have half-a-decade of this? If we just continue to bring back old stuff, the brand will just go in circles.

Edit Nevermind at this point

Last edited:
The only downside to this is that it may delay the Sabine/Ahsoka story that was teased at the end of Rebels. Unless Filoni screws around with linear storytelling and somehow incorporates it into this.

This is most mind-blowing news. I am hyped to see this more than ever. I already started re-watching the series.

I'm so happy i could cry! At first i thought it was a joke lol. But it's real, IT'S REAL! :ilv: Time to rewatch Clone Wars all over again, starting with the movie, of course :woot:

So how will Ahsoka be there? Didn't she already leave the Jedi Order?

Definitely one of my favorite Comic-Con announcements of all time. Too bad I have no interest in Disney's streaming service, but I will buy the Blu-Ray day 1!

So how will Ahsoka be there? Didn't she already leave the Jedi Order?

She left the Order, because she didnt like what was happening with the Order, but she still wanted to fight evil and help others. So she she struck out on her own path and it crossed paths with Rex and Anakin. She was with Rex on Mandalore during the siege of Mandalore, this is in the Ahsoka book, and I remember something about her meeting Anakin on Coruscant before he and Obi went to rescue Palpatine from Grievous.

Last edited:
If they are going back, I hope they finish that Vos/Ventress story that got some CG animatics done.

I could be wrong but I doubt they will adapt the Vos Ventress story. It's already in a very thorough book form. Adapting it into some Clone Wars episodes would require them to cut a lot of material and change things. It would muddy the canon and then the fandom would have to argue over whether the book supersedes the Clone Wars adaption of the book. Better to just leave it in its book form and instead spend money and time making Clone Wars episodes about events and stories we havent read or seen before. If the book didnt exist tho I'd be all for seeing that story told in Clone Wars show.

Last edited:
They'll probably reference the events of it in some way.

Even though I hope for it I don't think Dark Disciple will be adapted, the Thrawn novel was adapted into comic book because comics are cheap, while 22 minutes of animation cost at least a million, and if adapted Dark Disciple should get at least 4-5 episodes. And tbh I get the impression that all 12 episodes will be about Ahsoka.

I could be wrong but I doubt they will adapt the Vos Ventress story. It's already in a very thorough book form. Adapting it into some Clone Wars episodes would require them to cut a lot of material and change things. It would muddy the canon and then the fandom would have to argue over whether the book supersedes the Clone Wars adaption of the book. Better to just leave it in its book form and instead spend money and time making Clone Wars episodes about events and stories we havent read or seen before. If the book didnt exist tho I'd be all for seeing that story told in Clone Wars show.
I'm not talking about the book, I'm talking about basically finishing the episode they already started.

[YT]oTtpIefbkC4[/YT]

Isn't that video the beginning of Ventress's story in Dark Disciple though? If they finish the episode and release it as one of 12 new episodes then it's hard to decide how much the episode should cover. Until Ventress agrees to partner with Vos? Until Ventress knows that Vos is a Jedi? Until Ventress brings Vos to Dathomir? Until they attempt to assassinate Dooku and fail? They certainly can't cover more than that in one episode, so if they just finish that one episode only then the story is unfinished.

Edit: A better (and apparently longer) version of the video is here, starting from 3:52 and ending at 7:33. Anyone remember whether the second part (Dooku captured by a bunch of bounty hunters) is part of Dark Disciple?

[YT]IwhzQdvEmUE[/YT]

Last edited:
I'm not talking about the book, I'm talking about basically finishing the episode they already started.

[YT]oTtpIefbkC4[/YT]

That is part of an unfinished 8 episode arc written by Katie Lucas.

"Lethal Alliance,"
"The Mission,"
"Conspirators,"
"Dark Disciple,"
"Saving Vos Part I,"
"Saving Vos Part II,"
"Traitor,"
"The Path."

When the show was cancelled Katie wanted the story to be officially released some way and be a part of the canon so they hired Christie Golden to turn those 8 scripts into the book "Dark Disciple".

Finishing and releasing the unfinished 8 episode arc would no doubt conflict with the book in places and muddy the canon.

Last edited:
Yeah, they turned those scripts by Katie Lucas into the novel. She even had a foreword explaining a bit about it.

That is part of an unfinished 8 episode arc written by Katie Lucas.

"Lethal Alliance,"
"The Mission,"
"Conspirators,"
"Dark Disciple,"
"Saving Vos Part I,"
"Saving Vos Part II,"
"Traitor,"
"The Path."

When the show was cancelled Katie wanted the story to be officially released some way and be a part of the canon so they hired Christie Golden to turn those 8 scripts into the book "Dark Disciple".

Finishing and releasing the unfinished 8 episode arc would no doubt conflict with the book in places and muddy the canon.
Muddy the canon. It's going to happen eventually. MCU has already done it.

Man, I can't express how happy I am to see Ahsoka back on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"