Comic books and films inside DC/Marvel live action?

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
I wonder to what extent comic books about superheroes and also such films exists within the different fictional universes of DC/Marvel film and TV adaptions (not just DCU/MCU).

Like when a bunch of characters in Arrowverse gathered together to train Hawkgirl (so I think it was), and Thea Queen made a remark about superheroes on a farm and that she's seen it somewhere (obviously Age of Ultron).
So it means that within Arrowverse, they have MCU films.
Maybe in every DC film adaption, they have Marvel comic books and to some extent even the films.

In Raimi's first Spider-Man film, Aunt May gives Peter that classic "You're not Superman" line.
So atleast in that Marvel universe, they have DC comic books. Not sure about the film adaptions (Superman/Batman) though.

What do you think?

To go even further, there were X-Men comic books in Logan. But it's too meta becase it's the same fictional universe.

You know, I've always thought that the comic book heroes in Marvel was DC characters but not sure it is the same in the DC universe. Marvel has kind of reference this in comics from time to time but I don't think I've ever heard DC do it. But Marvel and DC have two different methods with their heroes. DC tends to make their heroes like gods but Marvel tries to make theirs relatable. And I think that's really what kind of makes Marvel popular at this time.

You know, I've always thought that the comic book heroes in Marvel was DC characters but not sure it is the same in the DC universe. Marvel has kind of reference this in comics from time to time but I don't think I've ever heard DC do it. But Marvel and DC have two different methods with their heroes. DC tends to make their heroes like gods but Marvel tries to make theirs relatable. And I think that's really what kind of makes Marvel popular at this time.
So you mean that in all Marvel live action (films/TV, MCU/non-MCU), they have a more humanized, relatable version of the DC Comics characters for people to read or watch?
Because it suits that world better?

And in DC live action (films/TV, DCU/non-DCU), the Marvel characters changed to be more godly in both comic books and on films/TV?

As long as it's not explored further on screen than giving out vague hints, there's no risk on getting a lawsuit. :D
Each of Marvel's different live action universes can have a very different take on what DC Comics is.
For example, their Green Lantern, Batman, Flash or Wonder Woman might be quite different from the actual characters in our real world. That's why we won't see any picture of them, or having them described in detail.

It's just comic books or films/TV adaptions inside another fictional universe, and will never play a major role when Avengers/X-Men/F4 etc save the world. They don't bring a comic book or a netflix account with them to the big fight (lol)

And vice versa with DC productions. Who knows what their altered versions of Marvel characters are like.

But before we go any further, this is only about live action stuff.
No point bringing up our world's comic books because they have crossovers and the characters remain the same..

Last edited:
I mean, The Flash references Spider-Man a lot, so there's that. Luke Cage name drops "Superfriends" in The Defenders, so there's that as well. Though I wouldn't go as far as saying that only one side of the coin has relatable heroes.

You guys remember Terry referencing Captain America in Return of the Joker? That was a smooth one.

ETA: I obviously can’t read. That wasn’t live action. My bad.

You guys remember Terry referencing Captain America in Return of the Joker? That was a smooth one.

ETA: I obviously can’t read. That wasn’t live action. My bad.
I don't man. And I LOVED that movie.
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"