Cyberpunk 2077

Really wish Gamestop would still have their pre-releases like they did before Covid. I don't think the line would be that huge, personally.

Why do you need a buggy game? I mean, it's obvious they will keep patching it in coming months. You refund it and you won't get any updates.
Oh I know I won't get updates, but I'm not going to keep the game to play after getting a refund. If I ever refund a game on GOG the moral choice is to uninstall the game, but I'm definitely keeping the offline installers so I don't need to re-download 50+ GB worth of files the day I decide to re-purchase the game once it's more stable. Who knows, maybe down the road there'll be a DLC released with a small discount on the game.

So CDPR decided to not put a seizure warning on this game, and in the process almost killed someone reviewing the game for Game Informer. :doh:

So CDPR decided to not put a seizure warning on this game, and in the process almost killed someone reviewing the game for Game Informer. :doh:
It gets worse looking into it, as the feature that caused it was based on a machine created to induce seizures in medical settings... and they put it in there. So it's a digital version of a real machine designed for that purpose. Optimistically, it's mind-numbingly stupid. It's like they're just trying to make everything worse at this point.

It gets worse looking into it, as the feature that caused it was based on a machine created to induce seizures in medical settings... and they put it in there. So it's a digital version of a real machine designed for that purpose. Optimistically, it's mind-numbingly stupid. It's like they're just trying to make everything worse at this point.
CDPR are coming off really **** the last couple of years. Ugh.

The store already has some money down in the pre order so I'll definitely be picking it up at this point, but the wall to wall controversies really keep making me second-guess it. Like I expect I'll enjoy it well enough on its own due to what I want and am expecting out of it, but just... yikes. Lotta yikes.

Good to know common sense prevailed.

I'm sorry, could you explain to me how a game that gave a reviewer multiple seisures, with no explicit warning or ability to shut off the offending flashes, is still logically a 9/10?

Sword Art Online, traps you in a game where you can die But, the mechanics are deep and the story is fun. 9/10

Honestly, that that one reviewer subjugated herself to it multiple times suggest that that publication should not exist, as it does not give one **** about its employees

And lets be clear, I am not saying that CDPR did this on purpose. An oversight that happened. That perhaps could have been prevented if the I was convinced that the last 6 months or more of crunch wasn't just to make the damn game work. Yes, it looks like the game is good. But again, one publication was able to overlook one of its employees getting hurt, so, I now have some doubts. But even if it is a genuinely good game, it is still currently, a game that can physically hurt someone. How can that not be reflected in a review?

I'm sorry, could you explain to me how a game that gave a reviewer multiple seisures, with no explicit warning or ability to shut off the offending flashes, is still logically a 9/10?

Sword Art Online, traps you in a game where you can die But, the mechanics are deep and the story is fun. 9/10

Honestly, that that one reviewer subjugated herself to it multiple times suggest that that publication should not exist, as it does not give one **** about its employees

And lets be clear, I am not saying that CDPR did this on purpose. An oversight that happened. That perhaps could have been prevented if the I was convinced that the last 6 months or more of crunch wasn't just to make the damn game work. Yes, it looks like the game is good. But again, one publication was able to overlook one of its employees getting hurt, so, I now have some doubts. But even if it is a genuinely good game, it is still currently, a game that can physically hurt someone. How can that not be reflected in a review?
Just because CDPR overlooked possible effect on people with various conditions, it doesn't mean the game is poorly made and deserves a lower score. It can be very much a great game. These are two different things unrelated to each other. If you have a beef with CDPR, you should still evaluate the game on it's own terms. Missing health warning is unfortunate and deserves to be brought to attention of the studio, but it doesn't cancel the game itself.

And as for a game that can hurt someone - this is such a BS argument. If you have a condition, you should stay away from things that can damage your health or threaten your life. If you have motion sickness, you don't play FPP games or play only those that have settings to mitigate the effect. If you have allergy on certain food, you don't eat it. You don't cancel this food for everyone else.

It lends to the idea that a project like this was possibly a little too big for CDPR to be the ones to deliver it. How on earth could they overlook something that's been a very standard Warning on a lot of games for decades? A game that's been in development for 8 years no less.

That being said, I'll be getting the game at some point, probably in April with the PS5. But knowing me I'll falter this weekend and delete everything off my PS4 just so I can download this bloody thing. :oldrazz:

It's the banned Pokemon episode all over again.

It lends to the idea that a project like this was possibly a little too big for CDPR to be the ones to deliver it. How on earth could they overlook something that's been a very standard Warning on a lot of games for decades? A game that's been in development for 8 years no less.

That being said, I'll be getting the game at some point, probably in April with the PS5. But knowing me I'll falter this weekend and delete everything off my PS4 just so I can download this bloody thing. :oldrazz:
I am getting it on Thursday. Been basically waiting for this since I finished Blood and Wine. That said, I am not blinded by my love for CDPR as I use to be. They are just like every other developer. No better.

By the way, have to love the misogyny being aimed at the Gamespot review by "fans" of the game, because they gave it a 7 and have decided Kallie can't review games because she doesn't do it in their specific way. Jesus, why do so many gamers have to be so ****ing embarrassing? :doh:

They clearly didn't read or listen to the review, which is a nuanced and thought out take on the reviewers experience with the game. You don't have to agree, and I probably won't completely, but the complaints by "fans" are so nonsensical. Also, she loves Johnny and Judy, which is what I most want from this game, so I am officially hyped.

By the way, have to love the misogyny being aimed at the Gamespot review by "fans" of the game, because they gave it a 7 and have decided Kallie can't review games because she doesn't do it in their specific way. Jesus, why do so many gamers have to be so ****ing embarrassing? :doh:

They clearly didn't read or listen to the review, which is a nuanced and thought out take on the reviewers experience with the game. You don't have to agree, and I probably won't completely, but the complaints by "fans" are so nonsensical. Also, she loves Johnny and Judy, which is what I most want from this game, so I am officially hyped.

Well she is a woman reviewing games...that triggers the neckbeards on so many levels.
I doubt most are "fans" of the game.

Hell the quartering loses it over it and we know that this clown was ****ting on the game for being "woke" for months now.
So its fair to say that many just found with her a bigger target, because when it comes to it...a woman with an opinion is for them a bigger problem than a "woke" game.

Other than the neckbeards, of course people wont be happy with a 7/10.
The game was hyped since its very first annouce trailer...everything less than a 9 is a slap in the face when you consider that for so many years this was hyped as hell.
Add to that the track record of CDPR and all, anything less than a masterpiece is unacceptable for many.

I dont see how a Gamespot 7/10 could in any way affect my experience once i get it for ps5.
I will still buy the game and make my own decision what i think of this game.

Every reviewer is somewhat biased, because everyone has something that they prioritize more or less.
Some cant get into a game if its not a FPS, some cant if it is.
Some dont like the setting and therefore dont have the same experience as a different reviewer which could affect the score.
But most of the time Reviewers tell you why they felt a certain way, just looking at the score and being upset is a weird thing because you dont understand the reason for why a score has been given as it is.

I am getting it on Thursday. Been basically waiting for this since I finished Blood and Wine. That said, I am not blinded by my love for CDPR as I use to be. They are just like every other developer. No better.

I get that it's tough for some gamers when they had what was once a niche genre, which has now been opened up to wider interest. With that wider interest comes critique from a broader spectrum of society, so critical reviews are inevitable.

These people, and I'm guilty of it too, just need to spend less time on the internet because you're going to inevitably come across a piece or take that you will find personally frustrating. That goes for games, film, cooking etc....you name it.

As an example I read a Kotaku review of this game which I couldn't relate to the reviewer and that's fine. They still did an in depth analysis that has to be appreciated and which I found informative.

Well she is a woman reviewing games...that triggers the neckbeards on so many levels.
I doubt most are "fans" of the game.

Hell the quartering loses it over it and we know that this clown was ****ting on the game for being "woke" for months now.
So its fair to say that many just found with her a bigger target, because when it comes to it...a woman with an opinion is for them a bigger problem than a "woke" game.

Other than the neckbeards, of course people wont be happy with a 7/10.
The game was hyped since its very first annouce trailer...everything less than a 9 is a slap in the face when you consider that for so many years this was hyped as hell.
Add to that the track record of CDPR and all, anything less than a masterpiece is unacceptable for many.

I dont see how a Gamespot 7/10 could in any way affect my experience once i get it for ps5.
I will still buy the game and make my own decision what i think of this game.

Every reviewer is somewhat biased, because everyone has something that they prioritize more or less.
Some cant get into a game if its not a FPS, some cant if it is.
Some dont like the setting and therefore dont have the same experience as a different reviewer which could affect the score.
But most of the time Reviewers tell you why they felt a certain way, just looking at the score and being upset is a weird thing because you dont understand the reason for why a score has been given as it is.
The Quartering? Funny little thing about him. I use to watch him open Magic the Gathering products before he came out as the worst. :hehe:

I get that it's tough for some gamers when they had what was once a niche genre, which has now been opened up to wider interest. With that wider interest comes critique from a broader spectrum of society, so critical reviews are inevitable.

These people, and I'm guilty of it too, just need to spend less time on the internet because you're going to inevitably come across a piece or take that you will find personally frustrating. That goes for games, film, cooking etc....you name it.

As an example I read a Kotaku review of this game which I couldn't relate to the reviewer and that's fine. They still did an in depth analysis that has to be appreciated and which I found informative.
That definitely qualifies for a lot of people. I have definitely been caught up in that before myself. But those that attack these reviews? Yeah, I think the majority are just kind of trash and couldn't wait to attack a woman once they got the chance.

This is hilarious. Let's just say I'm definitely waiting for some patches before I buy this. :doh:

Wait, he once was not a complete garbage of a human?
I always thought the guy started out as absolute trash.
Oh no, he was always trash. But he started his YT career as a guy who opened Magic the Gathering products, and hid who he was beyond that. He actually had a nice little subscriber count, because he always had plenty of packs to open. Now the next bit might be a little off because it has been a while, but if I remember correctly started getting into it with other MTG content creators on other social media platforms and this got him in trouble with Wizards of the Coast. I was oblivious to this, even as I was subscribed to one of the dudes he was legit harassing. He got overtly racist apparently while defending sexual predators and thus started getting banned from places and Wizard apparently wanted nothing to do with him. Eventually they took away his entire Magic Online account, which he poured tens of thousands of actual dollars into. Around that time is when he went full far right **** heel, and started harassing cosplayers online and such.

I still remember the day his video talking about how Magic needed to allow for "different views" inside the community hit his channel. First time I think he ever did that on the channel, or I somehow missed it. It was a legit, "oh no" moment for me. I looked up what he was trying to avoid talking about and I unsubscribed that day. He doesn't even use that channel anymore. Let it "die" because Wizards "betrayed" him. Crazy to see what he has so openly become.

This is hilarious. Let's just say I'm definitely waiting for some patches before I buy this. :doh:

It's gonna be a mess most likely. Some of the stuff I heard is hilarious though. I might sit on it for a bit, to see how the day 1 patch goes. I still have other games to enjoy right now, so it wouldn't be much of an issue.

At this point, they have a 40+gb patch to fix a game they have delayed multiple times to "get it right" and still causes seizures in people and has a patch that might as well be a second disc because that is as big or bigger than a lot of modern games with their own patches. I'll wait until they figure out how to release the game without killing my ****ing data cap ( :argh: Comcast).

Wait, he once was not a complete garbage of a human?
I always thought the guy started out as absolute trash.
Can't speak specifically for The Quartering but a lot of these guys started off as semi genuine uploaders until they cottoned on to the fact that complaining sells.

Mr H Reviews is one example, look at his earlier uploads and it's all very inoffensive.

I mean even in the case of genuine reviewers, where the reviewer is simply passionate on an issue and is critical, the publishing site must be secretly licking their lips at the controversy that the piece will provoke.

Mr. H's early videos were like Alien and Predator lore videos, Cthulhu/HP Lovecraft type stuff. Then he got into the gossip and rumor BS and using rumors from people like Grace Randolph and f'n Doomcock.

Also, Mr. H liked THE PREDATOR.

As for Cyberpunk 2077 -- the game should've been third person :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"