Cyberpunk 2077

Seems like the expansion is being reviewed very well (better than the base game, actually :funny:).

The reviews and overall positive reception to the new update made up my mind about getting the DLC this week. I even started a new game just to see the new coat of paint and kind of wished that I had waited until now to start playing it even though I only beat it a year ago when it was already vastly improved. At the very least I now have a new and improved V to go through Phantom Liberty with.

What's funny is I'll be paying the full $30 for the DLC, which is five times as much as I paid for the main game two years ago. :o

I'll get this if it turns out to be true. Hopefully the game is in much better shape now and the DLC sounds great.

The reviews and overall positive reception to the new update made up my mind about getting the DLC this week. I even started a new game just to see the new coat of paint and kind of wished that I had waited until now to start playing it even though I only beat it a year ago when it was already vastly improved. At the very least I now have a new and improved V to go through Phantom Liberty with.

What's funny is I'll be paying the full $30 for the DLC, which is five times as much as I paid for the main game two years ago. :o
Haha, pretty crazy. I'm glad I waited. I was thinking this would be like the sci-fi GTA that would conquer all but at least after all this time the game might live up to what I imagined after seeing some early concepts.

The DLC is a fantastic addition and the restructuring from the 2.0 update is a welcome refresh. I've been playing through it from scratch for the first time on the PS5 (played the PS4 version on release) and am having an excellent time.

I'll get this if it turns out to be true. Hopefully the game is in much better shape now and the DLC sounds great.
Didn’t see that you posted the Ultimate Edition report before mine so my bad should’ve looked lol. But yeah like I said I can’t wait to get it and dive into this game.

As I mentioned at original launch, I'll get this "complete edition" to get back into the game.

Good to hear 2.0 and the expansion are good. 2.0 is basically what we should have got back then instead of the unannounced early access they sold us three years ago. However, there's a lot of content that was announced/promised still missing.

The DLC is a fantastic addition and the restructuring from the 2.0 update is a welcome refresh. I've been playing through it from scratch for the first time on the PS5 (played the PS4 version on release) and am having an excellent time.
I'm working my way through the DLC and the game is running even smoother than when I first played it a year ago when the PS5 upgrade dropped. Idris Elba's presence makes the game that much more enjoyable, like Keanu before him.

My only real complaint is that it's a little too dialogue heavy. There are a few instances where I felt like I'm in an overly long cutscene that I'm able to walk around in, which I don't really remember seeing that much of in the main game. Of course the option to skip it is always there but that defeats the purpose.

All done with my Phantom Liberty main story playthrough, I gotta say I was really impressed by it. This felt like more of a full game than DLC. I really loved the
Alien Isolation
homage towards the end of the campaign.

Confirmed.

I’ll definitely be getting this since I bought the first game when I came out at launch and like you all know it was terrible so I traded the game In for another hoping for a definitive version eventually and now that it’s coming out with all the updates and DLC all on the DISC lol I can’t pass that up. Especially since I heard this game had such an impressive turnaround.

Last edited:
Finally got around to the DLC, really solid DLC, enjoyed the story and the new side missions, Reed and Songbird were genuinely compelling characters. I do have one big issue though, and it's the new ending they added, that thing is aggressively bad, and goes out of its way to make you feel like everything you've done in the game was a waste of time, it honestly would have been better to not add a new ending at all, I'll be sticking with Star as my preferred ending.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"