Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

I think there could be truth to Cavill not being happy with the direction of the show. He wouldn't be the first person involved to feel that way at least. But, I don't think he would've left if he didn't have something else lined up. So it was probably the combo of not being happy with The Witcher and having a seemingly better opportunity with Superman.

He cratered two franchises, by making their highest grossing films... You do realize that JJ revtialized three franchises right? M:I, Star Trek, and Star Wars.

Yes, I am aware racists don't want to see a black Superman. i know how they work. Thankfully, society doesn't consist only of racists. As to making Superman movies no one wants to see, Cavill is the expert on it.

Now, explain how any of what you wrote about JJ qualifies as grifting fandoms or is comparable to to getting yourself jobs through online campaigns that include harassment?
MI is cruise's baby, we all know this. he's essentially the ghost director

JJ messed up the ST timeline with the prime spock/vulcan stuff, then didn't even stick around to finish after making a bad khan knockoff.

just b/c star wars made money (only his first one), doesn't mean it was good, and as for his superman movie, i think many superman fans just want a movie done right first before we start branching off into elseworlds and stuff. especially now that cavill is back. just walk before you can run.

rise of skywalker put the entire franchise on life support. the entire cast was checked out during press tours and expressed no enthusiasm to come back. he brought back palpatine because nostalgia is his only tool and STILL had mystery boxes that he never bothered to reveal in the final act of a trilogy. he is absolutely a fandom grifter. his first movie was just a remake of a new hope, not a single original bone in his creative body.

cavill only plays superman, he is not the writer, it is not his fault that WB/snyder don't understand how to make an engaging superman.

The MCU had the blueprint for this with cap, he's a C-list character that many ppl thought was just a toolish propaganda piece and now millions LOVE Cap. he's morally superman for the MCU and it works perfectly. henry with the right material would kill it, most fans know this.

MI is cruise's baby, we all know this. he's essentially the ghost director

JJ messed up the ST timeline with the prime spock/vulcan stuff, then didn't even stick around to finish after making a bad khan knockoff.

just b/c star wars made money (only his first one), doesn't mean it was good, and as for his superman movie, i think many superman fans just want a movie done right first before we start branching off into elseworlds and stuff. especially now that cavill is back. just walk before you can run.

rise of skywalker put the entire franchise on life support. the entire cast was checked out during press tours and expressed no enthusiasm to come back. he brought back palpatine because nostalgia is his only tool and STILL had mystery boxes that he never bothered to reveal in the final act of a trilogy. he is absolutely a fandom grifter. his first movie was just a remake of a new hope, not a single original bone in his creative body.

cavill only plays superman, he is not the writer, it is not his fault that WB/snyder don't understand how to make an engaging superman.

The MCU had the blueprint for this with cap, he's a C-list character that many ppl thought was just a toolish propaganda piece and now millions LOVE Cap. he's morally superman for the MCU and it works perfectly. henry with the right material would kill it, most fans know this.

Technically he did. Bad Robot and Abrams still produced Star Trek Beyond.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Liam will bring. Definitely going to give this a chance.

Welp, here we go. This transcript from Deuxmoi about Henry Cavill on The Witcher is making the rounds.

FkC87XKWYBISZiO

I'm assuming the other writer referred to is Beau DeMayo. Matt D'Ambrosio tweeted and deleted this about Beau DeMayo in October when DeMayo claimed that other writers on the show were mocking the source material and being disrespectful.

4f23e193023af8485f5139fdfd06bf6902101be8.jpg

Who or what is Deuxmoi?

I thought it was just like a subreddit, but I believe it's an anonymous celebrity gossiper who is active throughout social media.

My understanding is this statement is a transcript from I believe a podcast appearance.

I thought it was just like a subreddit, but I believe it's an anonymous celebrity gossiper who is active throughout social media.

My understanding is this statement is a transcript from I believe a podcast appearance.
Huh. Doesn't sound like the most credible source, but the part about the other writer certainly tracks. And it's not like it's the first rumor of difficult behavior on Cavill's part. I vividly recall some of that on M:I-6 as well. His female co-stars' silence on his exit seemed rather conspicuous to me too, ngl. Especially as Anya made a point of making a welcome post for Liam. The truth is probably somewhere in between, though the fandom will probably continue to act like he can do no wrong and that the writers/creative team ~deserve~ toxic treatment because they dislike their work on the show. :whatever:

I know they're all actors but the female cast members seemed to get on really well with Henry in interviews, etc. Especially Freya who they would often share looks and smiles together.

So it would be a real shame if this stuff was true. I enjoyed Henry in this role so I am sad he is gone. But if this report is true he definitely needs some help or guidance on how to behave on set.

Stuff like this doesn’t stay hidden so if it’s true, I expect to hear more once they start doing press with Liam.

I can believe Cavill was being difficult and not getting along with the staff, but I can also believe it was because he wasn't happy with what they were doing to the source material.

Season 2 was awful and ruined the series and characters.

The transcriber has already pulled the post down because of the backlash, locking her account as well. Some might say it means nothing, but it probably indicates someone was about to take legal action against this rumor. Likely Cavill's people.

https://twitter.com/renfricreyden/header_photo

The transcriber has already pulled the post down because of the backlash, locking her account as well. Some might say it means nothing, but it probably indicates someone was about to take legal action against this rumor. Likely Cavill's people.

https://twitter.com/renfricreyden/header_photo
Interesting... I can see Henry being passionate about the project and I can see him being difficult as a result... anything else, it's Hollywood, they can ruin someone before they have left the building, however, if it is true, then he needs guidance and this ehe affected need closure.

The last dance, the final season of the beloved series with zero haters is just around the corner, all good things must come to an end though....
FufHU7EXgAQZ_TH
Is it actually the final season or you mean it most likely will be? :D :csad:

Is it actually the final season or you mean it most likely will be? :D :csad:

Yes I should have added the sarcasm emoji. Season 4 with Liam Helmsworth has already been announced but yeah, not sure many except a non-Henry Cavill Witcher now, even though he doesnt seem that popular here lol. Its all a bit of a mess and I was just poking fun at it all.

But then this is Netflix so might turn out to be the final season anyway as they arent afraid to cancel things anyway even if they've announced it so dont hold your breath on this one. :funny::funny:

Yes I should have added the sarcasm emoji. Season 4 with Liam Helmsworth has already been announced but yeah, not sure many except a non-Henry Cavill Witcher now, even though he doesnt seem that popular here lol. Its all a bit of a mess and I was just poking fun at it all.

But then this is Netflix so might turn out to be the final season anyway as they arent afraid to cancel things anyway even if they've announced it so dont hold your breath on this one. :funny::funny:
:D: Ha, thought so but it being called The Last Dance also tipped me over to the edge of making sure. Of shows that were at one point doing well, it’s probably one of those that has the least life expectancy at the moment.

:D: Ha, thought so but it being called The Last Dance also tipped me over to the edge of making sure. Of shows that were at one point doing well, it’s probably one of those that has the least life expectancy at the moment.

Yeah I enjoyed the first two season for what they were, it had some fun moments but it doesnt feel like they really thought the whole thing through before they started filming.

Lets see what season 3 brings for better or worse.

Yeah I enjoyed the first two season for what they were, it had some fun moments but it doesnt feel like they really thought the whole thing through before they started filming.

Lets see what season 3 brings for better or worse.
Just hope Liam isn’t noticeably bad. That’s my main wish for the season at the moment.

I may be in the minority here but I liked season 2 of The Witcher a lot better than season 1 (though I’m not totally alone; it has a 95% on RT). I haven’t read the books and I’ve only played a little of the games so make of that what you will. But anyway, I’m looking forward to this season and I thought the teaser looked cool. I’ll probably quit after Henry leaves; I just can’t get interested in anything starring Liam Hemsworth. But hopefully this season feels like a good conclusion for those of us who won’t be coming back thereafter, lol.

I may be in the minority here but I liked season 2 of The Witcher a lot better than season 1 (though I’m not totally alone; it has a 95% on RT). I haven’t read the books and I’ve only played a little of the games so make of that what you will. But anyway, I’m looking forward to this season and I thought the teaser looked cool. I’ll probably quit after Henry leaves; I just can’t get interested in anything starring Liam Hemsworth. But hopefully this season feels like a good conclusion for those of us who won’t be coming back thereafter, lol.

Yeah I kind enjoyed it for what it was and though a lot of things did improve on season 1, hence the better reviews I guess and just the fact its Witcher content which doenst come around too often. Henry Cavill seems to be one of those divisive actors who you either love or hate but then straying too far from the books really riles fans up so I get that too but even as a fan of the books I was able to enjoy it as two separate things.

However it seems like a show with a cloud circling around it all the time and seems doomed from the start. I liked the casting of the main three characters and their chemistry elevated the first season for me so its a big blow to lose one of them when we are only half way in so even though I should be looking forward to season 3 I cant say I am stoked like before knowing its falling apart internally.

It is what it is now and just have to hope who ever tries the material again after Netflix makes something better and better planned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"