Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

Wouldn't it have been smarter to get Liam Hemsworth for this?

I dont think its meant to be in the Netflix series timeline, but im not sure at all about that.
He looks a bit like they modeled him after Cavill so its a bit weird.
Using this as to ease people into Hemsworth as Geralt, would have been a good idea.

I dont think its meant to be in the Netflix series timeline, but im not sure at all about that.
Using this as to ease people into Hemsworth as Geralt, would have been a good idea.
Oh, really? I assumed it was in the same timeline because he has the Netflix look and outfit. If not, it becomes even more weird. That was also my reasoning for including Hemsworth, yeah.

Oh, really? I assumed it was in the same timeline because he has the Netflix look and outfit. If not, it becomes even more weird. That was also my reasoning for including Hemsworth, yeah.
Its weird.
You got the Character design that looks like cavill, the vibe is its own, you got the Game Voice actor for Geralt...but also Jaskier and Yennefer from the Netflix show voicing their characters.
A strange mix of several Witcher versions it seems.

It is definitely in the Netflix timeline. Straight from Netflix:

When does The Witcher: Sirens of the Deep take place?​

The film is set between Episodes 5 and 6 of The Witcher Season 1. So it’s time to brush up on all that was happening on the Continent back then!
So basically, it's Doug Cockle voicing the Netflix/Henry Cavill version of Geralt.

Thats so weird.
It feels absolutely like a mish mash.
I assume they had planned to have cavill voice geralt here but since He left and they were too far in development, they decided to go with the game series voice.

Thats so weird.
It feels absolutely like a mish mash.
I assume they had planned to have cavill voice geralt here but since He left and they were too far in development, they decided to go with the game series voice.

I think Netflix would be foolish if they weren't aware of the giant wave of negativity surrounding the show between Blood Origin's terrible reviews, Henry Cavill leaving, and general fan disappointment. Seems like a way to build some goodwill.

I think Netflix would be foolish if they weren't aware of the giant wave of negativity surrounding the show between Blood Origin's terrible reviews, Henry Cavill leaving, and general fan disappointment. Seems like a way to build some goodwill.

I dont know, they just raised Prices over at netflix during the strike and all that.
Negative reaction doesnt seem to really bother them...especially since subscriber numbers allegedly are pretty good.
Who knows, this company is throwing stuff at the wall, hoping it sticks.
I dont have any trust that they have a plan on anything.

I dont know, they just raised Prices over at netflix during the strike and all that.
Negative reaction doesnt seem to really bother them...especially since subscriber numbers allegedly are pretty good.
Who knows, this company is throwing stuff at the wall, hoping it sticks.
I dont have any trust that they have a plan on anything.

I was speaking more to The Witcher franchise but fair enough.

A Little Sacrifice is one of my favorite short stories [BGCOLOR=initial]only behind Sword of Destiny and Something More and my first reaction was excitement. Then I immediately thought are they gonna bleep this up. [/BGCOLOR]

Has anybody else seen this:

I've seen the actual clip and he say this in I guess you would say a joking way. To be honest I don't know how to take this. The article mentions Netflix had no comment and considering he supposedly gave the show his blessing or at least that was my understanding they would have some kind of comment. Who knows.

I mean isn't that usually the case? Showrunners and writers usually want to do their own thing. Also,

Sapkowski always kind of says things like this.

Not that I'm a huge fan of the series anymore.

Has anybody else seen this:

I've seen the actual clip and he say this in I guess you would say a joking way. To be honest I don't know how to take this. The article mentions Netflix had no comment and considering he supposedly gave the show his blessing or at least that was my understanding they would have some kind of comment. Who knows.

I have a hard time believing this man has a joking tone.
I havent seen many people as grumpy as him constantly.
He is the creator of a beloved fantasy IP and is constantly in a foul mood even if they throw money at him.

I dont get however why one would hire the owner of the books for his input, when you dont want to listen to it.
Like, i get wanting to do your own thing and i love that.
I said this before but i like when people take source material and do something with a new twist on it.
I get people wanting books etc to be close to the source material, but if i want that then i read the books.
I want adaptions to use their own means to tell a different version of what the source material does.

So im not too upset if they dont listen to him...especially since it never sounds like he really likes his creation even.
All i ever heard him say is how it pays the rent and thats it.
Most recently he talked about how he writes a new Witcher book and the main part for him seems to be that it sells and pays the rent.

I assume as long as he gets the Money from netflix, he is okay with giving his blessing to it.

Still its weird to hire him if you dont want to stick closer to the material her created.

Just can't bring myself to return to the series after Season 2 and Cavill leaving.

Its done well to make it to 5, if it does, considering the mess they have made of this. Such a shame the way its gone.

I like Copley a lot, but not even he can get me to watch something with Liam Hemsworth in the lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"