Cyberpunk 2077

-Cyberpunk
-RPG
-Deep, non-linear narrative
-Made by CD Projekt Red

Excuse me, I have to puke rainbows.

Did you play witcher 2? what's the problem?

Last edited:
I really want to play Witcher II, I'm just wondering if there's any chance they would release the game on PS3 too.

This sounds lovely.

I couldn't get into The Witcher II at all, but I can recognize and appreciate that it's an exceptionally well-made game, so I'm very much looking forward to Cyberpunk and I hope it appeals to me more directly than The Witcher II did.

I couldn't get into The Witcher II at all, but I can recognize and appreciate that it's an exceptionally well-made game, so I'm very much looking forward to Cyberpunk and I hope it appeals to me more directly than The Witcher II did.

Exactly what I was thinking when I heard this announcement. :up:

Never played The Witcher, so I don't know what kind of RPG they're capable of, but I fondly remember Cyberpunk 2020 as a pen-n-paper....one of the first true c-punk RPGs and easily the best. I'll watch for this one.....could turn out to be a great one. ;)

CD Projekt Red hiring multiplayer programmer for two upcoming RPGs

(7 minutes ago)

A job listing for a Multiplayer Programmer over on CD Projekt Red's official site implies that at least one both of the developer's upcoming RPGs (one cyberpunk, the other dark fantasy) may support multiplayer in some capacity or another.

The person hired, in addition to be gaining health care, 26 days of annual paid vacation and relocation assistance to Warsaw, will also be responsible for designing and implementing networking and multiplayer capabilities into CD Projekt Red's proprietary Red Engine, which powers both of its upcoming games. The first to be announced thus far is Cyberpunk, a nonlinear game based on the pen-and-paper RPG of the same name.

Fingers crossed for this one. Been playing the pen and paper game for over 20 years and am a huge fan of the setting. Glad to see Pondsmith is aboard as well.

CD Projekt Red's 'Cyberpunk' inspired by Shellshock, Blade Runner

(2 hours ago)

The Witcher series developer CD Projekt Red is deriving its latest game, Cyberpunk, from the pen-and-paper game of the same name – but that's not where all of its direction is coming from. Cyberpunk draws inspiration from William Gibson novels, Blade Runner, the Ghost in the Shell anime and manga, the Shellshock series and "the first part of Deus Ex," community manager Marcin Momot says.

Cyberpunk will remain faithful to its source material, traversing the world but focusing on a specific venue pivotal to the franchise, Night City. Cyberpunk will have an "open, living world" with more customization options than players had with Geralt in The Witcher games. Players will be able to change their stats, equipment, implants and more.

The role system comes straight from the pen-and-paper Cyberpunk, and "as opposed to the regular fantasy set-up with mages, warriors and archers, we're going for something different," Momot says. "In Cyberpunk, each character role will offer a set of special skills that will impact your stats in many different ways."
Source: The Witcher

New name for CD Projekt RED's 'Cyberpunk,' Witcher news to stream live Oct. 18

(36 minutes ago)

CD Projekt RED has enough announcements to fill up an entire Facebook wall post, and is streaming a live Special Event on October 18 at 2 p.m. ET, with news regarding Cyberpunk, The Witcher 2 modders and Mac users. The stream will be available on The Witcher Facebook page and on GOG.com.

CD Projekt RED will announce the official name of its Cyberpunk project, hopefully as something that doesn't sound like a dangling adjective when spoken. Mac users can expect "a bunch of thrilling announcements" and details about The Witcher 2 on OSX. Last we heard, The Witcher 2 was scheduled to hit Mac this fall.

Modding news may involve the REDkit mod tools program, which is accepting beta applications through September 30.

The Special Event also includes news from GOG.com: GOG will officially announce plans to bring its lineup of classic PC games to "a new operating system," which we can only assume is Gentoo. OK, fine – it's probably OSX.
Source: CD Projekt RED

CD Projekt RED's 'Cyberpunk' now 'Cyberpunk 2077'

(21 minutes ago)

CD Projekt RED's in-development future-RPG Cyberpunk is now Cyberpunk 2077, the developer has just announced during a GOG livestream. Beyond its new title, the game was also revealed to be a sandbox game set in Night City, a location from the original Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop pen-and-paper RPG on which the new game is based.

Cyberpunk 2077's official website launched today as well, containing a development blog and wallpaper-sized pictures of a blood-spattered half-naked robot women with blades coming out of her arms. Think there's a dexterity penalty for using those things? Continue Reading

and here's the video as well

Cyberpunk 2077

Stream Update

The CD Projekt Red Team and Cyberpunk 2020's creator reveal the title update, setting and more!

source:Joystiq & GT

Last edited:
Man, I love the cyberpunk genre of stuff (music, video games, movies) so I'm definitely interested in this.

This game is TERRIBLE. AWWWWWWFUL...

Because it means a longer wait until Witcher 3 :p

ChHp7l.jpg

bOLXsl.jpg

Q66LCl.jpg

Trailer tomorrow.

Last edited:
I only just saw this thread and now I'm excited. Do you play as a cop? That'd be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"