Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator film ‘Prey’

The one thing i didnt count on with this, was how the "buhu woke" crowd kind of begins to implode on itself.
They stumble over their own nonsense, going from Naru being a Mary Sue that doesnt struggle, to the character being too weak and struggling constantly to make it "realistic"...in a scifi movie about a Alien coming to earth and hunting people.

Anyway, watched the movie for the 5th time by now and i dont seem to be able to stop...such a good movie, such a fun ride with this one.
I really need my Dutch comeback and a Viking vs Predator movie in this timeline soon...my hopes for the IP have risen so fast and huge with this movie.

I thought the Predator was kind of a chump in this. Little to no planning and not much of a tactician.

The Internet tells me the specific species of this Predator is a Feral one, meaning far more animalistic and less about tactic and all.

Or...

tumblr_n8de70N9Jm1r0b2hgo3_400.gifv

c6bd681355c1c513eb5f5c280586ab9562735915.gifv

You missed out Predator Vs Spartans my friend :cwink:

So has it been officially confirmed the Alien vs Predator movies are no longer canon? If this is the first time Predators visited Earth, then they couldn’t have built the temples from AvP.

The anti "woke" crowd are running around in circles trying to spew the usual talking points just come out and say you didn't even pay attention to movie to begin with

So has it been officially confirmed the Alien vs Predator movies are no longer canon? If this is the first time Predators visited Earth, then they couldn’t have built the temples from AvP.

No, this is one specific Predator's first time on Earth. And the canon of the AVP films are dubious. It's been said that they are their own continuity. But Dan Trachtenberg made it clear it's not the species' first time on Earth. Just this individual's.

Watched this last night. It was awesome! Easily the best Predator movie since the first and maybe even better than that one. Amber Midthunder and Dakota Beavers were excellent.

FINALLY, a good Predator follow-up. I didn’t think it was possible.

The anti "woke" crowd are running around in circles trying to spew the usual talking points just come out and say you didn't even pay attention to movie to begin with
They are not that intelligent honestly. Tyrone Magnus seemed to stop talking about the movie, but in the comments of his Northman review that he just uploaded, he liked a comment saying "its nice to see a movie where a tiny woman isn't over powering a man". People like him did not pay attention to this movie at all and have a complete lack of respect for any and all female characters. Naru is a ******* badass woman, and she outsmarted the Predator. She didn't beat him hand to hand.

Finally got around to this after hearing great things and it delivered. I'll be thinking about this movie for a while. One of the few films I've seen this year where I was enthralled all the way through. Amber Midthunder with a star making performance.

RLM has their review up and Jay’s comment about the whole “woke” situation summed things up nicely. “I hate the world that we live in”.
Not predictable at all.

The one thing i didnt count on with this, was how the "buhu woke" crowd kind of begins to implode on itself.
They stumble over their own nonsense, going from Naru being a Mary Sue that doesnt struggle, to the character being too weak and struggling constantly to make it "realistic"...in a scifi movie about a Alien coming to earth and hunting people.

Anyway, watched the movie for the 5th time by now and i dont seem to be able to stop...such a good movie, such a fun ride with this one.
I really need my Dutch comeback and a Viking vs Predator movie in this timeline soon...my hopes for the IP have risen so fast and huge with this movie.

The Internet tells me the specific species of this Predator is a Feral one, meaning far more animalistic and less about tactic and all.

Its honestly hilarious at times, tying themselves up in knots trying to justify their agenda's and 'isms, its been happening for a while before this film for sure, they want things to fail as it helps their clickbaiting and so they go early on things, calling them a "DISASTER" and "EnD oF mArVeL" headlines to draw in that crowd. The massive L they took on Shang-Chi will never not be funny to me.

I am just more selective these days on who I watch and block the nonsense out. At least they make themselves easy to spot.

This is why I can't take these schmucks seriously. They are grifters. They just make **** up. Anything that's remotely progressive, diverse, or feminist is something that threatens them and they have to treat it as such. It's disgusting.

It’s very simple.
Male or, Female if properly trained, One Hunter can best another with similar skills.

The beauty of this film was that Naru is fiercely intelligent, and the Predator only looked to her physical prowess and whether she was armed when assessing whether she was enough of a threat to be considered a worthy prey. In the end, he was wrong to underestimate her and that mistake cost him.

That’s an original story that hadn’t been properly explored before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"