Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator film ‘Prey’

The beauty of this film was that Naru is fiercely intelligent, and the Predator only looked to her physical prowess and whether she was armed when assessing whether she was enough of a threat to be considered a worthy prey. In the end, he was wrong to underestimate her and that mistake cost him.

That’s an original story that hadn’t been properly explored before.

So the Predator is basically toxic You Tubers in this movie. :o:cwink:

prey-fanart-010.jpg

prey-fanart-002.jpg

FZ-_UZzX0AER6HQ

No acquired knowledge from other hunts? I need better reasoning than that.
Every planet comes with its own eco system and creatures though. We see the predator observing a lot both with the snake being above the mouse in the food chain but then also the wolf and the rabbit. We see our main character being beaten by multiple men yet earlier they were all kinda struggling with the mountain lion. For me personally I can buy the angle of this predator being a bit of a beginner and also either overestimating his own ability or underestimating those around him.

Seen this twice now and enjoyed it even more on the second watch. I just love this type of competent, well-thought out filmmaking. Nothing is excessive or inadequate. The story, the characters, the acting, the directing, the cinematography, the action, it’s all good. And reading all these posts about the rationale behind the different decisions basically confirms that they really did put a lot of thought and effort into it. And man, I’m obsessed with Naru and Sarii. I just loved them both so much. This also is definitely my favourite Yautja look so far. I love the leanness of his physique, the skull helmet is badass, and the mandibles look better than ever IMO.

I’m sure Dan Trachtenberg is now on a lot of fans’ lists for a lot of comic book movies but I would love to see him to continue making these great, inventive, relatively small scale movies. I loved 10 Cloverfield Lane and I love this too. I also really hope this movie leads to more opportunities for Amber Midthunder and Dakota Beavers.

So the Predator is basically toxic You Tubers in this movie. :o:cwink:
Yeah I unsubbed from him because of all the toxic **** he was coming out with. Gonna look a fool now in his own comments section after getting beat. :D

They are not that intelligent honestly. Tyrone Magnus seemed to stop talking about the movie, but in the comments of his Northman review that he just uploaded, he liked a comment saying "its nice to see a movie where a tiny woman isn't over powering a man". People like him did not pay attention to this movie at all and have a complete lack of respect for any and all female characters. Naru is a ******* badass woman, and she outsmarted the Predator. She didn't beat him hand to hand.

Thats why I question if they even seen the movie they specifically show her failing and learning along the way , her brother tells the rest of the hunting unit that's she's a good tracker she infact is only one thst notices a different type of "predator" other than what they have all seen while nobody took her council. So it culminates with her taking everything she's learned to defeat it. I can't give the movie enough credit for making her an awesome protagonist

This is why I can't take these schmucks seriously. They are grifters. They just make **** up. Anything that's remotely progressive, diverse, or feminist is something that threatens them and they have to treat it as such. It's disgusting.

I will never understand people hate watching anything if I decide to sit and watch a movie or show i will judge it accordingly.

But I guess thats how they earn a living ive been clicking on the don't recommend channel button on YouTube ALOT lately

Thats why I question if they even seen the movie they specifically show her failing and learning along the way , her brother tells the rest of the hunting unit that's she's a good tracker she infact is only one thst notices a different type of "predator" other than what they have all seen while nobody took her council. So it culminates with her taking everything she's learned to defeat it. I can't give the movie enough credit for making her an awesome protagonist
It's clear as day that's what happened in the movie. But I think with these people is they see EVERYTHING as politically motivated these days, so any type of female story is considered an "agenda". There's no difference in badassery between Naru or Sarah Connor or Ripley for that matter. The only difference is Naru is new and the others are from a few decades ago. There's no political message there, and yet these clowns keep acting like there is one for clicks, and because they're sexist ******** that only critcize the present because they have nostalgia for the old.

The difference between Naru and Sarah and Ripley is that the laters were not introduced as being feable next to the men, men didn't told them : no you can't do this or that and must stay in the kitchen.
Ripley even more so, she was an officer, second in command. She did not let Parker taunt her and she told Ash her piece when he went over her orders. She was presented as efficient from the start.
Sarah, an everyday waitress that, when the time came, toughened up. Reese never told her she was weak and could not fight.

Anyway, Naru is OK, the film is entertaining.
She is not as iconic as Sarah and Ripley for me.

Last edited:
It's clear as day that's what happened in the movie. But I think with these people is they see EVERYTHING as politically motivated these days, so any type of female story is considered an "agenda". There's no difference in badassery between Naru or Sarah Connor or Ripley for that matter. The only difference is Naru is new and the others are from a few decades ago. There's no political message there, and yet these clowns keep acting like there is one for clicks, and because they're sexist ******** that only critcize the present because they have nostalgia for the old.

Exactly if T1 and T2 would have been released in this political climate those fools would crap all over a lonely waitress killing prime Arnold and prime Arnold needing a woman in the sequel. Just pathetic

Looks what happening now with GOT House of Dragon "its gone woke"

Effin idiots ! GOT was dominated by fantastic female characters

Exactly if T1 and T2 would have been released in this political climate those fools would crap all over a lonely waitress killing prime Arnold and prime Arnold needing a woman in the sequel. Just pathetic

Looks what happening now with GOT House of Dragon "its gone woke"

Effin idiots ! GOT was dominated by fantastic female characters

Dont even get started on those tough, hard as nails "Marines" being saved by an untrained power loader driver from a hoard of Aliens.

Its honestly hilarious at times, tying themselves up in knots trying to justify their agenda's and 'isms, its been happening for a while before this film for sure, they want things to fail as it helps their clickbaiting and so they go early on things, calling them a "DISASTER" and "EnD oF mArVeL" headlines to draw in that crowd. The massive L they took on Shang-Chi will never not be funny to me.

I am just more selective these days on who I watch and block the nonsense out. At least they make themselves easy to spot.
They didn’t like Shang Chi? What did they say?

That it would bomb at the box office, which it didn’t. That they were pandering to China, which they weren’t, because China pretty much banned it because of the stereotype of Fu Manchu supposedly being in the film, which it wasn’t.

You know, the usual contrarian, mental gymnastics bulls**t. It’s like a matryoshka doll of bad uninformed takes.

Technically not wrong, but I asked where, not what. Hulu?
Not only did I miss read your question but I also didn't realize how I explained HDR by just calling it 4K until this evening while thinking about a different movie. So please excuse my brain fart and we'll act like it never happened lol.

Its not so much as they didnt like it but they wrote it off before it even had a chance to be seen, saying it was going to flop, nobody wanted it, etc, etc

I would post Simu Liu's legendary response to them all but dont want to give them free advertising to their toxic channels.

Sounds like they did a similar thing with this from all accounts and are looking pretty stupid once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"