Deadpool thread.

Well Mitch Hedberg's material wasn't great either but his deliver and presence was what pulled it off. Dane Cook doesn't even have to act. Just be himself really.

Yeah, but Dane Cook's type of comedy isn't the same as Deadpools. Thats why he can't just "be himself". It wouldn't work well. Too many people would say that the comedy in the Deadpool movie is crap because of who would be playing it, Dane Cook.

Eh. In my opinion (and that of a lot of others here apparantly). Dane Cooke practically is Deadpool. That overthetop, completely random and absurd comedy that you end up laughing at just because of HOW overthetop, random, and absurd it is.

SouLeSS said:
Sean William Scott, Ryan Renolds (though I heard he turned down this role already...don't know why) or maybe Tom Green.

Dane Cook, IMHO, is very overrated. His material isn't that good, the only reason he's so popular is cause he can pull it off. His stage presence is amazing (I've seen him live twice), but if you have someone else tell his jokes, they arn't very good. He, however, is not a good actor.

Though who I'de really like to see as the roll is either SWS or RR.

Dane's got that 'Sustained Insanity' thing going, and yeah he's not Deniro or nothing. Yet, he's like a human popculture,cartoon,comedic machine. It's so right when you really think about it.

deemar325 said:
Dane's got that 'Sustained Insanity' thing going, and yeah he's not Deniro or nothing. Yet, he's like a human popculture,cartoon,comedic machine. It's so right when you really think about it.
does this dane cook guy have the physique to play DP?

superkong 500 said:
does this dane cook guy have the physique to play DP?

Hes in good shape. He can easily be fine tuned for the movie
cookd.jpg

I don't know about you guys ,but I think that this movie should be dark and serious, the only campy funny thing should be deadpool's attitude towards everything but the people he cares about. Because there should be someone, he's not a campy character but a cynical one, he's more maniacal than clowny if you know what I mean, I even think the movie should have an epic scale in the action sequences settings and the storyline, what do you guys think is there room for that?

Eh, I get where you're coming from but that's more like his less popular Liefeld days than his current incarnation who basicly IS a clown. I think there should be a serious threat but I don't usually associate Deadpool with epic. It should be just a fun flick like The Rundown. Just cheap popcorn fun. Someone would be explaining to him the dire situation which could destroy the world as we know it and he'd be concentrating on playing around with the peanuts on the table.

Savage said:
Eh, I get where you're coming from but that's more like his less popular Liefeld days than his current incarnation who basicly IS a clown. I think there should be a serious threat but I don't usually associate Deadpool with epic. It should be just a fun flick like The Rundown. Just cheap popcorn fun. Someone would be explaining to him the dire situation which could destroy the world as we know it and he'd be concentrating on playing around with the peanuts on the table.

Peter Berg, director of The Rundown, would be a kick@$$ director for this movie.

Oh hell yeah. His over the top action would be perfect for DP. Plus I like the way he handles comedic situations.

And hey, maybe he can even get Triple H for T-Ray. He's already had experience directing a pro wrestler and did a damn good job at that.

The Rundown is a perfect example of how the DP movie should be done, i wish i would have thought of that.

It's weird how Peter Berg was a crap actor yet a decent director.

deemar325 said:
It's weird how Peter Berg was a crap actor yet a decent director.

I liked him as an actor. He doesnt always get the greatest movies though.

As for T Ray, I think Andrew Brynarski would be better than Triple H. You might remember him from The Lobo Fan Movie going around
cinema_andrew1.jpg

Perfect cast IMO

Director: Peter Berg (The Rundown, Friday Night Lights, Very Bad Things)
Screenwriter: David Goyer (Blade series, Batman Begins, Dark City)

Deadpool: Dane Cook
cookd.jpg

T-Ray: Andrew Bryniarski
main.jpg

Weasel: Paul Costanzo
costanzo_paulo_250.jpg

Blind Al: Phyllis Diller (up to debate)
delovscrec.jpg

Deadpool stunt double: Tony Ja aka Ong-Bak
jaa.jpg

Tolliver: Jack Palance
PALANCEOSCAR.JPG

Taskmaster (voice): Hugo Weaving (Smith from Matrix, voice of V of V for Vendetta)

The Director of Weapon X (renamed The Program to save confusion with X-Men): James Cromwell
james_cromwell2_2.jpg

I would love a deadpool movie and that is great casting. To bad deadpool wont happen till after howard the duck 2;)

Ya never know. He's ripe for the picking, a Deadpool movie can be done on a 50 - 60 million budget.

Eh. I say give it another 10 years like Superman and Batman. :D The rumors on those two seem to predate the jurrassic period and look at em now...Or Blade...Can any one of you honestly tell me you saw that coming?

Savage said:
Eh. I say give it another 10 years like Superman and Batman. :D The rumors on those two seem to predate the jurrassic period and look at em now...Or Blade...Can any one of you honestly tell me you saw that coming?

Iam sure that a DP movie can be much bigger than blade, so I hope they don't wait too long.

deemar325 said:
Ya never know. He's ripe for the picking, a Deadpool movie can be done on a 50 - 60 million budget.

This prolly the best thing it has going for it. Because studios are definately on the look out for small budget movies with the recent slump. Besides, the only CGI they need his DP's crazy healing factor.

cerealkiller182 said:
Perfect cast IMO

Director: Peter Berg (The Rundown, Friday Night Lights, Very Bad Things)
Screenwriter: David Goyer (Blade series, Batman Begins, Dark City)

Deadpool: Dane Cook
cookd.jpg

T-Ray: Andrew Bryniarski
main.jpg

Weasel: Paul Costanzo
costanzo_paulo_250.jpg

Blind Al: Phyllis Diller (up to debate)
delovscrec.jpg

Deadpool stunt double: Tony Ja aka Ong-Bak
jaa.jpg

Tolliver: Jack Palance
PALANCEOSCAR.JPG

Taskmaster (voice): Hugo Weaving (Smith from Matrix, voice of V of V for Vendetta)

The Director of Weapon X (renamed The Program to save confusion with X-Men): James Cromwell
james_cromwell2_2.jpg

Hellz yeah.

SouLeSS said:
Sean William Scott, Ryan Renolds (though I heard he turned down this role already...don't know why) or maybe Tom Green.

Dane Cook, IMHO, is very overrated. His material isn't that good, the only reason he's so popular is cause he can pull it off. His stage presence is amazing (I've seen him live twice), but if you have someone else tell his jokes, they arn't very good. He, however, is not a good actor.

Though who I'de really like to see as the roll is either SWS or RR.

First of all, that's pretty much how all comedians, let alone all of comedy, works. Comedy is 70% timing and delivery and 30% material. Dane Cook is brialliant because he is unlike any comic you can name.

Secondly, Ryan Reynolds would be a good choice because he is naturally charming and funny, but Sean William Scott is lame. People only think of him as a funny guy because he has been shoved down our throats and less sophisticated people don't seem to realize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"