Deadpool & Wolverine Deadpool & Wolverine News and General Discussion Thread

Finally my first love has returned. I’m so happy to see Aaron Stanford as Pyro. I’ve waited 22 years for this.

I saw a theory on Twitter that made sense. The OG cast in the Void is from DOFP. And since no one ages in the Void, Pyro would have had to be pruned sometime around the time that DOFP (in the future) took place.

Last edited:
To this day, Pyro has my favorite line in any X-Men movie:

"You know all those dangerous mutants you hear about on the news? I'm the worst one!"

Give me chills everytime.

So given the reception of NWH and DP&W, and the fact that they've been the only mega-hype movies since Endgame...what impact do you guys suppose this'll have going forward?

I imagine a bunch of guys in suits at Disney/Marvel must be eyeballing the massive stacks of cash they could get by having Tobey Maguire and Hugh Jackman team up together in Secret Wars. Much less if they appeared in a significant capacity alongside Chris Evans and RDJ.

I imagine a bunch of guys in suits at Disney/Marvel must be eyeballing the massive stacks of cash they could get by having Tobey Maguire and Hugh Jackman team up together in Secret Wars. Much less if they appeared in a significant capacity alongside Chris Evans and RDJ.
I think that's exactly where they're heading. If they want Secret Wars to top Endgame, variants of Cap and Iron Man alone won't do it.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Secret Wars is split into two parts, with the second half releasing in 2028 for a Marvel/Marvel Studios blowout. That will mark the 30th anniversary of Blade and the 20th anniversary of Iron Man. Then, a reboot of sorts.

That's honestly really impressive.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Secret Wars is split into two parts, with the second half releasing in 2028 for a Marvel/Marvel Studios blowout. That will mark the 30th anniversary of Blade and the 20th anniversary of Iron Man. Then, a reboot of sorts.
I'm still not sure if Secret Wars will come out before the decade is over, though I definitely do agree that it should be split into two parts. And reformmating Avengers 5 into a Young Avengers flick beforehand wouldn't be a bad idea.

So given the reception of NWH and DP&W, and the fact that they've been the only mega-hype movies since Endgame...what impact do you guys suppose this'll have going forward?

They are going to want Secret Wars to be the throw everyone together movie. It’s the one thing they know gets audiences excited even amongst a lack of enthusiasm/fatigue for CBMs nowadays.

Finally my first love has returned. I’m so happy to see Aaron Stanford as Pyro. I’ve waited 22 years for this.

I saw a theory on Twitter that made sense. The OG cast in the Void is from DOFP. And since no one ages in the Void, Pyro would have had to be pruned sometime around the time that DOFP (in the future) took place.

I hope MCU takes advantage of the epilogue of DOFP, with the reset future of 2023.

Gotta keep the momentum going. The movie is 5 months away, I think the trailer will be in April or May NBA playoff time ESPN/ABC. It would be great if the R rated movie did well and Disney relaxes a bit. No one else is going to be as wild as Deadpool.

I know Echo is R rated, but I haven't had an interest in the tv shows and Echo isn't a character that made me care in Hawkeye.

Yeah that would make sense.

I assume the original plan was to have a movie about Kang facing off against a team of Phase 4 and 5 heroes, ending with an incursion as the big cliffhanger the same way Infinity War ended with the snap. But they've gotta realize by now that a movie about Kang facing off against phase 4 and 5 heroes is gonna have a hard time putting butts in seats, at least compared to a big nostalgiafest crossover of iconic decades old movies.

Instead I could see them reorganizing things so the incursion happens much sooner in Avengers 5, like maybe at the end of the first act. Then the rest of the movie could be an introduction to Battleworld, where Tobey's Spidey and Hugh's Wolverine show up, as well as a mix of old villains from across a bunch of different MCU and non-MCU Marvel movies. Then end the movie with the reveal that Doom has become God Emperor Doom and is in control of Battleworld. Then the next movie would be about defeating God Emperor Doom and returning things to normal, which is where Cap and Iron Man (and maybe all the OG Avengers) could show up.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell if wolvie has his cowl hanging in the back when he goes over Deadpool

Can anyone tell if wolvie has his cowl hanging in the back when he goes over Deadpool

According to multiple youtube breakdowns, the general consensus is yes. But it's hard to tell for sure.

Would it shock you to learn that Marvel is juicing the numbers a bit.

I assure you, it ain't hitting a billion.
Yeah, I think at best it could have a chance to rival Deadpool 2's box office since that is technically the highest grossing X-Men film.

Though who knows? I say this jokingly, but Ryan Reynolds could pull another PG-13 'Once Upon a Deadpool' style cut in order to secure a China release.

I assume the original plan was to have a movie about Kang facing off against a team of Phase 4 and 5 heroes, ending with an incursion as the big cliffhanger the same way Infinity War ended with the snap. But they've gotta realize by now that a movie about Kang facing off against phase 4 and 5 heroes is gonna have a hard time putting butts in seats, at least compared to a big nostalgiafest crossover of iconic decades old movies.

Instead I could see them reorganizing things so the incursion happens much sooner in Avengers 5, like maybe at the end of the first act. Then the rest of the movie could be an introduction to Battleworld, where Tobey's Spidey and Hugh's Wolverine show up, as well as a mix of old villains from across a bunch of different MCU and non-MCU Marvel movies. Then end the movie with the reveal that Doom has become God Emperor Doom and is in control of Battleworld. Then the next movie would be about defeating God Emperor Doom and returning things to normal, which is where Cap and Iron Man (and maybe all the OG Avengers) could show up.
So just rush Doom into becoming the main villain in Secret Wars with barely any build-up beforehand?

No thanks, I'll pass on that.

I like it in broad strokes but I would hesitate going right into Doctor Doom. An evil multiversal Avenger (Superior Iron Man or Maestro Hulk) or maybe even an X-Men villain like Magneto (lean more into House of M, rather than Secret Wars) would be preferrable. Someone audiences know / recognize. IMO, that's the fun of a multiverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"