Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh god people bringing in rights issue again:whatever:

If that was case a bunch of mutants couldn't be In film that we know are in film.Plus it's known Deadpool is considered part of X-Men film universe.

Fox has film rights for deadpool and mutants/X-Men.In film they can do what they want.Yes if fox wanted to do crossover film with another studio then problems would arise.

One of trades listed colossus in film.That's a good indication he's in film.

If a known member of the X Men franchise shows up in Deadpool or we finally get that FF - X Men crossover that no one has been asking for, I will admit that FOX has crossover rights for its three separate Marvel licensing agreements. But we haven't seen that, have we?

Up until the leak, Deadpool has been dormant. No heavy lifting was being done.
Fox hired a Director and he did extensive testing, allegedly with storyboards/concept and costume design as well as the leaked test footage. The whole bit. Project has been ready to go for awhile. They have been prepped and with budget, just not green lit.
As we've seen, character rights allocation doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The two Z level mutants could have been attached to Deadpool at any time in his move from Artisan to New Line and FOX.
That is highly unlikely. Negasonic wasn't added to the script till later into the game. Those characters were not even around when the Deapdool rights were at Artisan. That's a big what if, and reaching quite a bit. Much more then actually considering Colssus is still in.
If Deadpool was a part of the X Men franchise I would think that Colossus would be an early hire and the Weapon X program would be mentioned in the synopsis.
He probably is hired if he's still in.

The Weapon X program was out to keep it away from Origins. We have known that for awhile, Reynolds and crew wanted nothing to do with that version except for mocking it. Colossus isn't a lead. We are waiting on Blind Al, Garrison kane, Patch, Wyre and a few others. The full cast is hardly announced. Bottom line, time will tell.

Last edited:
We don't. Deadpool was on a separate Marvel licensing agreement than the X-Men family of characters, and Marvel may not have approved the crossover.

Sigh.

If Colossus doesn't appear in this film its not because a separate Marvel licensing. Deadpool already appeared in Wolverine and Negasonic Warhead is more of a X-Men character than a Deadpool character and she's in this film.

rArfrY0.jpg

looking good...

Nice :up:

Starting to see the detail much better.

Absolutely love the costume, especially the little squint he's got going on.

I DO hope that they CGI his mask a little so his eyes emote like they do in the comics, I'd love to see them get huge at some point of danger.

Absolutely love the costume, especially the little squint he's got going on.

I DO hope that they CGI his mask a little so his eyes emote like they do in the comics, I'd love to see them get huge at some point of danger.

Yeah I think they'll have a few different maske with fixed expressions then change it up in post

Really impressed by the views the viral marketing for this has been getting.

The Joblo rating reveal is past 4 mil, and the Extra one has about 1 mil now both with nothing but positive reception. For something that's not even showing footage from the film or being fully advertised as a trailer, that's pretty impressive.

The costume reveal got about 55k retweets. In comparison, the Aquaman reveal got 32k.

Couldn't be off to a better start :up:

Last edited:
Now that filming has began, I wonder who has been cast as Colossus.

Shouldn't that have been announced by now?

And what about the rest of the cast?

Or maybe they decide to write off the character of Colossus?

I thought there will be an official statement by Fox regarding the start of filming.

The Joblo rating reveal is past 4 mil, and the Extra one has about 1 mil now both with nothing but positive reception. For something that's not even showing footage from the film or being fully advertised as a trailer, that's pretty impressive.

The costume reveal got about 55k retweets. In comparison, the Aquaman reveal got 32k.

Impressive. :up:

Wow, that's great! :)

Reynolds is swell. :)

There ain't many threads in this here Deadpool section, but can a mod sticky this 'News and Discussion' thread?

Is that something that other forums do? X-Boards have never stickied the news thread, haha..

I've never seen it. News threads tend to gravitate at the top anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"