Deadpool 2 Tim Miller exits Deadpool 2

Increasing the scope a little bit is fine. But I don't like the reports that say they want a Movie that can compete with the mega-budget superhero Movies. I'm not sure I want a Deadpool Movie that can compete with Civil War or Age of Apocalypse in scope.

Again, it's BS per Collider's Steven Weintraub.

And they did compete with the mega-budget superhero movies anyway with the first movie. It made almost $800 million worldwide.

Bummer, if Miller was the one trying to limit the budget for the sequel. The first one is pretty much untouchable as far as making bank relative to what it cost.

In regards to widening the scope, I think it'd be very appropriate to moderately increase the budget. Just not $150 million.

I don't know how much one could limit this film in terms of budget to begin with. It would've probably ended up around Logan/The Wolverine level in terms of budget just based on the salary increase for the returning cast and the new additions of Dom/Cable etc. (And Logan/Wolverine were at 127/120 million)

The more they start bringing in other X-Men characters and dig deeper into the X-Men universe, the tone of the film will change as well. Hopefully Ryan doesn't just try and stick too closely to what worked before and keep pushing things.

So how was El Mayimbes first report making Miller look bad? He was clearly on Millers side and plenty on here decided to take what he said as fact.

The bottom line is that these two wanted different movies and don't get along. Who knows what was the stronger choice, or if forcing them to work together with conflicting ideas would have been worth it.

Last edited:
The more they start bringing in other X-Men characters and dig deeper into the X-Men universe, the tone of the film will change as well. Hopefully Ryan doesn't just try and stick too closely to what worked before and keep pushing things.

Why? Did they change the tone of Cable Deadpool comics more to that of X-Men?Or Joe Kellys Deadpool? The X-Men were always built into Deadpool cause that's where he originated, but his solo stories or Deadpiool team books never fit a certain tone akin to theirs. That came when he joined other books like Uncanny X-Force, X-Men, Wolverine etc.

Any major tone change should come with X-Force, not a Deadpool film imo. Deadpool 1 had plenty of heart to match it's crudeness in the vein of Joe Kelly's book. This go round and given Reynolds is a huge fan of the comic "Cable Deadpool" which is how he discovered Deadpool, I'd imagine that's the tone we are getting or he'd want to go to. At least as far as a Deadpool, Cable and Domino pairing up.

Last edited:
They are trying too make Miller look bad. Leaking fake information. I pretty much dont care about budget thing. But movie which earned 800M dollars on boxoffice on 50M budget and it's highest grossing X-men movie ever deserves benefit of **?** doubt. *?*** Fox.

Even if he wanted 4x time (and he didnt) of previous movie you shouldnt question one second giving it to him...

Last edited:
This being about them arguing over the budget sounds like ******** all around. If they had a script or vision to agree on I can't see anyone fighting over that when the next films guaranteed to double 150m extremely fast.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked if the budget ballooned, that's what happens when movies are massive hits but I doubt it was just the director getting greedy and wanting endless amounts of cash.

Lemme know when they cut the marketing manager.

Why? Did they change the tone of Cable Deadpool comics more to that of X-Men?Or Joe Kellys Deadpool? The X-Men were always built into Deadpool cause that's where he originated, but his solo stories or Deadpiool team books never fit a certain tone akin to theirs. That came when he joined other books like Uncanny X-Force, X-Men, Wolverine etc.

Any major tone change should come with X-Force, not a Deadpool film imo. Deadpool 1 had plenty of heart to match it's crudeness in the vein of Joe Kelly's book. This go round and given Reynolds is a huge fan of the comic "Cable Deadpool" which is how he discovered Deadpool, I'd imagine that's the tone we are getting or he'd want to go to. At least as far as a Deadpool, Cable and Domino pairing up.
Yeah, I meant a tone shift would be necessary in X-Force. Not some drastic change in the next DP film. I was just agreeing with the idea that they couldn't necessarily treat Cable the same way Colossus was treated in Deadpool and things would have to give a little in terms of just going all the way with the raunchiness (If that's what Ryan/Tim were arguing about, that is)

Hopefully Ryan and co. Are trying to emulate the tone of Cable and Deadpool.

Last edited:
Yeah, I meant a tone shift would be necessary in X-Force. Not some drastic change in the next DP film. I was just agreeing with the idea that they couldn't necessarily treat Cable the same way Colossus was treated in Deadpool and things would have to give a little in terms of just going all the way with the raunchiness (If that's what Ryan/Tim were arguing about, that is)

Hopefully Ryan and co. Are trying to emulate the tone of Cable and Deadpool.
For sure, but pretty significant difference between Colossus and characters like Cable and Domino Not just as characters but relationship and history wise with Wade. Reynolds was interviewed awhile back about how they would need proper time for Cable even before this film had writers, and how that was the reason he would not be in Deadpool 1.

Cable is a completely integral part of Deadpool's world while Colossus is not. Colossus and DP have fought like once in the comics and that was it. There's no relationship and the film added all that. With Cable things are completely established through comics since Wades first appearance. Which is why there have been massive debates about Cable and not for Colossus. Cable is arguably the most important and crucial character they can add here.

The two names mentioned were Liam Neeson and Kyle Chandler so that tells us a bit on what they are looking for. Someone very serious either way.

Last edited:
So the Wrap's new (at least to me) report is BS?

not really it depends on who you believe when it comes to inside sources and umberto now being with a high profile trade usually hits the right info before he posts it

The two names mentioned were Liam Neeson and Kyle Chandler so that tells us a bit on what they are looking for. Someone very serious either way.

That's with Tim Miller being attached, though.

not really it depends on who you believe when it comes to inside sources and umberto now being with a high profile trade usually hits the right info before he posts it

Well, Steven Weintraub sounded like someone who's 100% sure when he shot down the Wrap's report.

BTW, another TWEET:
what I said earlier...confirmed.
@colliderfrosty

I hope that nobody else has posted this yet:
[YT]pIdGpkSXT0E[/YT]

Actually, it has been posted somewhere on here.

I hope there was actually no one who wanted three times the budget for Deadpool 2. I don't think you can demand $180 Million for a Movie, and expect studio heads to stay out of it.

Once your film makes over 700m?

I don't get that argument. If it was Miller who wanted the higher budget this film can make 200m back quick. If it means a better film, what does it matter? The X-Men Franchise can't pull 600m on a 180m budget right now.

That's with Tim Miller being attached, though.

Well, Steven Weintraub sounded like someone who's 100% sure when he shot down the Wrap's report.

BTW, another TWEET:

@colliderfrosty

I trust Steven above most.

As far as casting, we have heard nothing else besides Miller wanting Chandler and the studio wanting Neeson. So that's where we are at. There is absolutely nothing pointing to the direction that they don't want an actor who can sell being a competent dramatic actor.

Last edited:
I trust Steven above above most.

As far as casting. We have heard nothing else besides Miller wanting Chandler and the studio wanting Neeson. So that's where we are at.

Yeah, Steven is definitely trustworthy.

And yeah, we really know nothing about this whole situation, besides Tim Miller and Ryan Reynolds not seeing eye to eye on Deadpool 2.

:up:

Yeah, Steven's a person who wouldn't speak up unless there was reason.

Hopefully we get a bit more insight, but this really seems just about two different visions right now.

I have to say I wouldn't particularly want Liam Neeson either. I'd love someone in the vein of Liam Neeson but younger and bulkier. Chandler didn't quite fit either, but he has the right body build. Is there any way to combine the two?

:up:

Yeah, Steven's a person who wouldn't speak up unless there was reason.

Hopefully we get a bit more insight, but this really seems just about two different visions right now.

My only worry is that Reynolds and the writers will take into a too comedic direction.

As much as I like Zombieland, to me it's not nearly as good as Deadpool, as it doesn't stick to more serious elements long enough, and just keeps skipping forwards to the comedy, which makes it fun, but way less impactful as a movie.

It's too light (as was the 2010 script draft for Deadpool for me - I always thought it needed more character work and that the drama needed to be felt a bit more, and thankfully the final movie does all that). I hope the sequel won't be. As fun as he is, I don't think it should ever be forgotten that the 'Merc with a Mouth' is also a TRAGIC character.

I trust Collider over The Wrap.

Collider is my go to source for movie news.

I'm honestly tired of Neeson and I don't want him in Deadpool in any role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"