Deadpool & Wolverine Deadpool & Wolverine News and General Discussion Thread

I genuinely hope he's speaking to Dafne Keen's Laura in that moment and not Kidpool.
I hope so too! she is confirmed to be in the movie I think, if not official the rumor has been perpetuated enough for it to be believable.

I didn't know that we should expect to see Kidpool in this movie too :hmm

Now that she's done being Ramonda, we can finally have the Angela Basset Storm variant we should've gotten 25 years ago :D
I can't see them having too many variants of each character otherwise the number of characters in secret wars is just going to balloon to a size where the runtime is going to be restrictive on screen time and a lot of characters are going to become glorified cameos. Halle Berry is the recognisable Storm then potentially you're going to also have the MCU version of Storm so that's two versions of a character that hasn't been introduced yet. You've got the 3 Spidermen, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, Thor, Hulk, Falcon/Captain America, the new Falcon, possibly Bucky, the 3 Marvels, any variant of that lot, potentially any variants of previously killed characters eg RDJ returning as a variant of Ironman etc, then you've got the new characters who are going to be the main stars of the franchise going forward...

They're not going to have multiple variants of the new characters, X-Men characters introduced will have their Fox version and I think that will be it.

I can't see them having too many variants of each character otherwise the number of characters in secret wars is just going to balloon to a size where the runtime is going to be restrictive on screen time and a lot of characters are going to become glorified cameos. Halle Berry is the recognisable Storm then potentially you're going to also have the MCU version of Storm so that's two versions of a character that hasn't been introduced yet. You've got the 3 Spidermen, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, Thor, Hulk, Falcon/Captain America, the new Falcon, possibly Bucky, the 3 Marvels, any variant of that lot, potentially any variants of previously killed characters eg RDJ returning as a variant of Ironman etc, then you've got the new characters who are going to be the main stars of the franchise going forward...

They're not going to have multiple variants of the new characters, X-Men characters introduced will have their Fox version and I think that will be it.
I was mostly joking, I have to make a Bassett as Storm joke at least twice a year, there's a quota...lol
she was just born to play Storm, while Halle Berry was horribly miscast

But I agree, more variants are not necessary

I didn't know that we should expect to see Kidpool in this movie too :hmm
He's been shown in official merch, I've seen a pic of him floating around.

I wouldn’t expect MCU versions of the X-Men until after Secret Wars.
Considering the quality of X-Men '97 currently, I'm perfectly fine with that.

I see your Vol 3 battle, and raise you a CW Airport battle.

civil-war.gif
Still one of the greats!

I suppose it could be a variant that splits off after Days of Future Past, like an alternate future to Days of Future Past.
That would also be an interesting way to go about it as well. IMO I think the jury is still out on whether this Wolverine is a from the Fox movies, a variant or whatever. And I think just because he is wearing the yellow costume, doesn't mean it has to be brand new Wolverine. When Deadpool is recruiting him in the trailer, he's just wearing regular clothes. So we don't know he's gonna get it.

Regardless, it will be intersting to see.

so, something that I have been wondering about now that I am actually seeing Deadpool doing actual interaction with the MCU.

Endgame established by the MCU's multiversal and time travel rules, that time traveling does not change the universe you're in, but instead creates alternate universes of your universe just by you doing act of time traveling your own history. it creates an alternate history of your own original history, and the new universe you created will veer off from your own history based on whatever changes you make by time traveling to that point.

however, in X-Men DoFP, the time travel rules were completely different. Kitty's powers allowed Wolverine to travel back in time in his universe, and alter the history of his universe instead of creating an alternate one. now that it has been established that the previous Fox universe is part of the same multiverse as Disney's MCU, I wonder the different rules of time travel will matter at all?

I very much doubt it, even though it was this very thing that was making old Steve Rogers' appearance in Endgame contradictory in conversations.

Last edited:
so, something that I have been wondering about now that I am actually seeing Deadpool doing actual interaction with the MCU.

Endgame established by the MCU's multiversal and time travel rules that time traveling does not change the universe you're in, but creates alternate universes of your universe just by you doing act of time traveling your own history - it creates an alternate history of your own.

however, in X-Men DoFP, the time travel rules were completely different. Kitty's powers allowed Wolverine to back in time in his universe, and alter the history of his universe instead of creating an alternate one. now that it has been established that the previous Fox universe is part of the same multiverse as Disney's MCU, I wonder the different rules of time travel will matter at all?

I very much doubt it, even though it was this very thing that was making old Steve Rogers' appearance in Endgame contradictory in conversations.
I know the real world answer these are all different creators working on different movies, it's time travel it doesn't ever make sense, yaddda yadaa. But sidestepping that for a moment, I think you can chalk it up to different methods of time travel using different sources of power. So in the DoFP's case, it utilized by Kitty's and Xavier's powers to send his mind backwards into his old body ala The Butterfly Effect. So that's why he's on the same "timeline/universe". Same thing with Ms. Marvel, her method of time travel was utilized by ancient Kree bangles that were created for wormhole space travel within the same universe. So it's not entirely farfetched that think that the wormholes could be utilized to travel in time within the same universe as well.

But ultimately I don't imagine it will really getting addressed too much and if it does, they might gloss over it.

I know the real world answer these are all different creators working on different movies, it's time travel it doesn't ever make sense, yaddda yadaa. But sidestepping that for a moment, I think you can chalk it up to different methods of time travel using different sources of power. So in the DoFP's case, it utilized by Kitty's and Xavier's powers to send his mind backwards into his old body ala The Butterfly Effect. So that's why he's on the same "timeline/universe". Same thing with Ms. Marvel, her method of time travel was utilized by ancient Kree bangles that were created for wormhole space travel within the same universe. So it's not entirely farfetched that think that the wormholes could be utilized to travel in time within the same universe as well.

But ultimately I don't imagine it will really getting addressed too much and if it does, they might gloss over it.
yeah, I am expecting them to gloss over it. it's obscure so it's probably not even worth Deadpool making a metajoke out of it either.

besides, the time travel/multiverse traversal in Kittty's & Xavier's powers also occurred in the MCU, just in specific instances. the first being the events that kickstarted Endgame, which was Antman getting trapped in the quantum realm and then exiting the quantum realm in his same exact reality, and the second (again, an event that is disputed) time was right at the end with old Steve Rogers who decided to go back in time and somehow got to stay in his own original timeline to live through to old age.

I saw the Marvels which did not have time travel, but I didn't see Ms. Marvel. based on your post I'm guessing her series did feature some time travel in the plot.

I actually thought the airport scene was kinda cringe tbh. Now the interpersonal fight between Cap and Tony was great and felt more personal.
That fight scene with Iron Man vs. Bucky and Capt. America was intense!!!

RDJ really sold that scene when he said, he's also Steve's friend.

gretchen-crying.gif

I saw the Marvels which did not have time travel, but I didn't see Ms. Marvel. based on your post I'm guessing her series did feature some time travel in the plot.

Oh yeah I forgot she time traveled in that.

But anyway didn't Endgame also have everyone talking about how the variant timelines will merge back together if they return the Infinity Stones and "trim the branches"? What was up with that?

Did anyone else notice Casandra's fingers are elongated?

Oh yeah I forgot she time traveled in that.

But anyway didn't Endgame also have everyone talking about how the variant timelines will merge back together if they return the Infinity Stones and "trim the branches"? What was up with that?
Loki season 1 did touch upon the "pruning" or "resetting" of timelines but honestly I found that really convoluted. I dunno if season 2 touched upon the rules of timelines/realities/universes but I didn't watch it yet.

to your question though, the conversation between the Ancient One & Bruce is just about if an infinity stone is removed from the reality, then it sets that reality on a dark path. which is why Steve needed to return to that reality to give the stone back in that same moment.

but it's impossible to merge the variant timeline to be exactly the way it was with the original timeline, because in the original timeline:

1. the Ancient One never had a conversation with Bruce Banner from the Future
2. the Ancient One was never visited by Steve Rogers to return an infinity stone
3. Steve Rogers doesn't fight himself
4. Tony Stark never gets a mild cardiac dysrhythmia caused by a future Scott Lang which Thor cures with a resuscitation using mjolnir
4. Loki does not steal the tesseract a second time, he goes back to Asgard

and so on and so forth. for all intents and purposes, the Avengers created several alternate universes in Endgame, all of which are parallel and similar to their own but not their own because those events didn't happen in their past; their past is the original from which the rest branched off from.

Last edited:
Hopefully this will be clear in Secret Wars.

I know its only 12 episodes, but I have no interest revisiting Loki the show.

Also it's not just DoFP with different time travel. Deadpool 2 features a single malleable timeline that has a connection to the afterlife, so we see Deadpool's soul literally being pulled out of the afterlife when Cable changes the timeline so he didn't die.

Last edited:

Endgame established by the MCU's multiversal and time travel rules, that time traveling does not change the universe you're in, but instead creates alternate universes of your universe just by you doing act of time traveling your own history. it creates an alternate history of your own original history, and the new universe you created will veer off from your own history based on whatever changes you make by time traveling to that point.

however, in X-Men DoFP, the time travel rules were completely different. Kitty's powers allowed Wolverine to travel back in time in his universe, and alter the history of his universe instead of creating an alternate one. now that it has been established that the previous Fox universe is part of the same multiverse as Disney's MCU, I wonder the different rules of time travel will matter at all?

Thats why Fox verse cant fit with MCU.
Fox universe cant be integrated into MCU multiverse. X-men saga is full**** too many inconsistencies.

This Wolverine comes from a destroyed universe, thats all. We dont know which universe he is from, like Defender Strange and Evil Strange in MOTM.
He 's a variant made in MCU , like all others x-villains (Pyro, Deathstrike, Sabretooth ....) Im sure they are all variants, just with a Fox similar look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"