Director Ideas?

Oh good, a dude. A dude who directed Cruella. There goes any enthusiasm I had.

I’m referring to Invader’s comment about “giving up” on it.

Gillespie has a voice and a style, I guess, but he's also a complete hired gun choice. Not exactly a creative visionary. I don't hate him but I fundamentally think this should be directed by a woman and deserves a director of significantly higher calibre.

A likely assumption from the trade considering the climate of female-led blockbusters. Idk if they were officially letting that news out then. But possibly. Still, to say they gave up just feels cynical. Gillespie could have easily pitched better in the room.

Either way, this would be a fine hire imo. I would’ve preferred a (good) female director, but Gillespie is no slouch. Again, I, Tonya is very good. Directed Robbie and Janney to Oscar nom/gold.

There’s an argument to be made that this should be directed by a woman. But I think there’s another argument to be made that “[female-led movie] should be directed by a female director!” almost preemptively gives up on a woman directing anything outside that space.

I was all set for Kate Herron to take this on, but I also think she’d be a good fit for Titans or even The Authority.

There’s an argument to be made that this should be directed by a woman. But I think there’s another argument to be made that “[female-led movie] should be directed by a female director!” almost preemptively gives up on a woman directing anything outside that space.

Thank you.

I mean, I don’t think I’d go that far.

I wonder how much the complete bombing of The Marvels and Madam Webb (female lead superhero movies directed by female directors) factored into them not hiring a female director for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"