The Dark Knight Script Leak Unlikely?

ActuallyRobin

Avenger
Reaction score
Ok, so I watch Google News for 'the dark knight' using an RSS reader and about 15 mins ago this story popped up:

Movie plots or scenes usually get leaked to the public well before the film comes out in the theater, but as for the Dark Knight, there was no way that was going to happen. Even Batman himself wouldn't have been able to convince the producers to take home a script.

Maggie Gyllenhaal says when she was approached with the role of attorney Rachel Dawes in the movie, the movie was driven to her house by an assistant. Then the assistant had to sit in her driveway until she finished it. Only problem was, Maggie was a new mom tending her little girl Ramona, so it took her 20 hours to finish! And the guy stayed in her driveway the entire time. That's dedication! (And a little bit anal). But it's definitely worked, since the public only knows what we've seen in the trailer.

(from: http://movies.hollyscoop.com/the-dark-knight/the-dark-knight-script-was-guarded-247_650.aspx)

They don't quote a source but I can believe WB would go through that to protect the TDK script.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for discussion.

I truly hope there isnt a leak, too many people will post spoilers, and yes we're in a spoilers forum, but for this film atleast I want as much as possible left to mystery until we all view the film!

It would have taken Katie Holmes even longer to read.

You know, because she'd have a book report to write for Tom on Dianetics.

They had the same arrangement for BB, if I recall correctly.

I truly hope there isnt a leak, too many people will post spoilers, and yes we're in a spoilers forum, but for this film atleast I want as much as possible left to mystery until we all view the film!

you debunk your on argument right there

Dude sitting in your driveway for 20 hours is pretty creepy.

And funny.

But mostly creepy.

Very true, i like to know tit bits but i dont wanna know the whole film before i see it. And a script leak would just make me wanna read.

yep this is good news. if the script did leak the first thing i would do is avoid all spoiler forums, thats for sure!

I made the mistake of reading the leak for Begins and I think that was one of the contributing factors to me being disappointed in it. I for one dont want to know anything about TDK until I see it on the screen.

You should avoid the spoiler forum.

I made the mistake of reading the leak for Begins and I think that was one of the contributing factors to me being disappointed in it. I for one dont want to know anything about TDK until I see it on the screen.

How were you disappointed?

They had the same arrangement for BB, if I recall correctly.

I think everyone had to go to Chris Nolan's garage and sit in his couch to read it.

I remember hearing that.

Its okay. TDK has brought me back the excitement and anticipation like nothing else!

Wow, that is pretty intense.

Twenty hours? Damn. Hope he had good CDs.

haha this is funny

so my friend's uncle got the spidey 3 script b4 the movie came out and he said he can git this script too...

i highly doubt it even if his uncle is james cameron's bodyguard

So... If the guy was sitting in her driveway, what was preventing her from copying it inside the house? Be it for private use or otherwise?

What good does a guy sitting in the driveway do?

I'm glad there won't be script leaks. They're no fun any ways.

So if Nolan is that protective of his scripts...how did the one for BB get leaked??

I never understand how scripts get leaked in the first place.

If I were a Director in Hollywood, nobody would get their own copy including studios. You want to read it...well I'm going to be in the room with you waiting it out.

It's like some Directors don't care and they let it get passed around till some dumb **** decides to leak it on the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"