Discussion: Relations with Russia

Just Tucker having a normal one:

I don't even know what a manager of a strip club dresses like, but I guess Tucker does.
I shouldn't even justify Carlson's idiotic ramblings with a response, but the leaders of beleaguered nations wearing common military fatigues is a classic tactic to show solidarity and inspire their people when being invaded by warmongering dictators. It shows they are in the trenches with their people fighting for their survival and freedom. If Zelenskyy showed up in Washington all gussied up and dressed formally in accordance with usual diplomatic protocol, it set him apart from his people who are all fighting a total war for their freedom and independence.

Churchill did the exact same thing throughout the Blitz and the worst of WWII. Here he is in military coveralls meeting with Eisenhower who is his best dress uniform:
main-qimg-f85d0a6e02c2f0f37f8870e7e5189dcd-lq

I shouldn't even justify Carlson's idiotic ramblings with a response, but the leaders of beleaguered nations wearing common military fatigues is a classic tactic to show solidarity and inspire their people when being invaded by warmongering dictators. It shows they are in the trenches with their people fighting for their survival and freedom. If Zelenskyy showed up in Washington all gussied up and dressed formally in accordance with usual diplomatic protocol, it set him apart from his people who are all fighting a total war for their freedom and independence.

Churchill did the exact same thing throughout the Blitz and the worst of WWII. Here he is in military coveralls meeting with Eisenhower who is his best dress uniform:
main-qimg-f85d0a6e02c2f0f37f8870e7e5189dcd-lq

Tucker is, I think, widely recognized as a nut job. Even the repubs in my family don't pay attention to him or listen to his show anymore.

Yup, supplying local forces against an invading superpower is always great bang for its buck. It worked great for the USSR/China in Vietnam against the US and the US in Afghanistan against the Soviets, etc.

Tucker is, I think, widely recognized as a nut job. Even the repubs in my family don't pay attention to him or listen to his show anymore.

By sane people, yes. But unfortunately, he is still the most-watched cable news host in America, and by all accounts his audience lap up his BS like honey.

Reuters - Russian politician files legal challenge over Putin's reference to Ukraine "war"
A St Petersburg politician has asked prosecutors to investigate Russian President Vladimir Putin for using the word "war" to describe the conflict in Ukraine, accusing the Kremlin chief of breaking his own law.

Putin has for months described his invasion as a "special military operation". He signed laws in March that prescribe steep fines and jail terms for discrediting or spreading "deliberately false information" about the armed forces, putting people at risk of prosecution if they call the war by its name.

But he departed from his usual language on Thursday when he told reporters: "Our goal is not to spin the flywheel of military conflict, but, on the contrary, to end this war."

By sane people, yes. But unfortunately, he is still the most-watched cable news host in America, and by all accounts his audience lap up his BS like honey.
It is bewildering to me that Fox News stands by a guy that so blatantly lies. Him and Hannity. How can they call themselves a legit news channel with a straight face?

I mean, its a ploy. Any ceasefire only benefits Russia.

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...egotiate-with-everyone-involved-over-ukraine/

Get your troops and weapons out of Ukraine, don't invade or attack them, and they'll promise to never attack you. Establish a no weapons zone along the border and everyone can all go back to living their lives.

I think Putin is getting desperate.
“Putin told a Russian news reporter in an interview that aired on Russian media on Sunday that the Kremlin is ready to negotiate but their enemy are the ones refusing to talk.”

Why do people who get invaded have to agree to talks. They haven’t started attacking Russia. Get 100% out of the country you’ve invaded and as long as they don’t then attack you there’s no talking needed.

“Putin told a Russian news reporter in an interview that aired on Russian media on Sunday that the Kremlin is ready to negotiate but their enemy are the ones refusing to talk.”

Why do people who get invaded have to agree to talks. They haven’t started attacking Russia. Get 100% out of the country you’ve invaded and as long as they don’t then attack you there’s no talking needed.
Seriously. Putin understands nothing.

The article says he “mysteriously” fell from a window. If it wasn’t so frelled up, it would be funny.

Any critics are just being killed off, full dictatorship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"