Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

Democratic tactics against RFK Jr. are rattling his campaign​

Recent digital and in-person protests have prompted the independent campaign to enact some evasive maneuvers.

Democratic tactics against RFK Jr. are rattling his campaign​

Recent digital and in-person protests have prompted the independent campaign to enact some evasive maneuvers.

Hope this takes more votes away from Trump than Biden.

Progress? I think so. Look at the bull**** Conservative Republicans in SCOTUS use to justify their war on personal rights. If these outdated laws are rescinded, removed, repealed or otherwise struck from the books, they can't be used to justify even more harming of rights. Just imagine in 20 years if hard right wingers fully took control of the country and used this kind of law to justify murdering people for their skin color.

y2oy00bh93uc1.jpeg

:rolleyes:

I find it difficult to take these stories seriously. They picked one person who is not necessarily representative, and they're not necessarily honest about what she said or what she thinks.

An acquaintance of mine was once quoted in people. As in, she was horribly misquoted. Journalists and editors have agendas.

I’m against banning them - better to either increase ‘Buy American’ tax credits and/or tax Chinese imports more heavily.

Non-Chinese automakers and governments need to learn how to compete with subsidized, centrally planned and owned production pipelines that involve everything from mines to the factories. Automakers are increasingly just targeting wealthy people in the cars they make and this has caused them to fall behind anyone who can undercut them on price.

Also: bigger investments in public transportation, not privatized Elon Musk tunnels of Teslas. Musk is also to blame for setting up shop in China allowing them to learn and copy Tesla but do it cheaper.

Last edited:

I’m against banning them - better to either increase ‘Buy American’ tax credits and/or tax Chinese imports more heavily.

Non-Chinese automakers and governments need to learn how to compete with subsidized, centrally planned and owned production pipelines that involve everything from mines to the factories. Automakers are increasingly just targeting wealthy people in the cars they make and this has caused them to fall behind anyone who can undercut them on price.

Also: bigger investments in public transportation, not privatized Elon Musk tunnels of Teslas. Musk is also to blame for setting up shop in China allowing them to learn and copy Tesla but do it cheaper.

Partially true.

It's the case that domestically, cars like the Hyundai Accent, the Kya Rio, the Toyota Yaris, etc are no longer available, never mind their long forgotten Ford and GM equivalents. Automakers are targetting people who want $40,000 cars, not those who want $20,000 cars, the latter are now excluded. The lowest "get-out-the-door" price for a new car is probably around $30,000. Might be slightly lower in some states with lower registration and sales taxes.

It's also the case that America needs to reindustrialize, or it will die. The best way to do that is with large tarrifs.

I don't agree with the last paragraph. China is a powerful, rich, populous, culturally, and scientifically advanced country. It produces 5 million STEM graduates a year. It was going to learn how to make excellent vehicles regardless of Musk. It was able to make its own covid vaccine, it makes better high-speed rail, and it is rapidly catching up to Intel/AMD in the development of semiconductors. They have world-class telescopes set for launch that will be on par with some of NASA's best work. The era of White-majority countries automatically dominating everything is over, and no, scientists and engineers in non-White countries aren't simply "copying", they are creative in their own right.

Last edited:

I don't think we should ban imports.....or probably even impose extreme import taxes. The problem for the US, essentially, boils down to one word...profit. The US is, IMO, at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to competing against nationalized economic production. The problem most nationalized economic systems have is that they have to contend with piss poor political structures (see China and Russia). The piss poor part of the US political system emanates from the very corporate influence that is holding back the health, and expansion, of the US economic structure.

The issue is they are heavily subsized (ie; partially paid for) by the State and not sold at a true competitive cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"