Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

Sithborg said:
And now Rep. Chris Collins has just been arrested by the FBI for wire and securities fraud.
Sithborg said:
Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) has been indicted for using campaign funds for personal expenses. Boy, of all days for this to happen, today is it. Get lost in the shuffle.

Collins and Hunter were the first and second Congresspersons to endorse Donald Trump's candidacy.

That is a hell of a factoid.

John McCain is discontinuing treatment for brain cancer.

Yeah that's a sure sign of them saying it's too far gone.

I mean, his diagnosis was always terminal.

But hey, he got to prevent his seat from being up for 2 years.

I wonder if that's why he discontinued the treatment. Perhaps he knew that the end was near?

A tragic loss, really.

I didn't agree much with McCain's politics, but he was a patriot and he served his country honorably. History will remember him more fondly than the self-aggrandizing con man in the Oval Office now.

RIP McCain.

I wonder if that's why he discontinued the treatment. Perhaps he knew that the end was near?

A tragic loss, really.

That is usually what happens.

Just remember, his last act was to cling onto his seat to avoid a special election. Bypassing a special election for 2 years.

It is a sad loss, make no doubt.

Agree with his politics, or not, McCain is a person. Patriotic to the point of enduring permanent damage from torture for his country. Despite having debilitating cancer, he was one of the few republicans in Washington to stand up to Trump.

It's easy to hate on someone we disagree with, and easier yet to forget they're more than their political stances. I hope, and pray his family get through this ok.

McCain should have been the Republican nominee in 2000 instead of W. He would have beaten Gore and won the popular vote in the process. He would have been a better president than W.

I'm not sure war with Iran instead of Iraq would have been better.

Sen. John McCain's farewell message:

My fellow Americans, whom I have gratefully served for sixty years, and especially my fellow Arizonans,

Thank you for the privilege of serving you and for the rewarding life that service in uniform and in public office has allowed me to lead. I have tried to serve our country honorably. I have made mistakes, but I hope my love for America will be weighed favorably against them.

I have often observed that I am the luckiest person on earth. I feel that way even now as I prepare for the end of my life. I have loved my life, all of it. I have had experiences, adventures and friendships enough for ten satisfying lives, and I am so thankful. Like most people, I have regrets. But I would not trade a day of my life, in good or bad times, for the best day of anyone else's.

I owe that satisfaction to the love of my family. No man ever had a more loving wife or children he was prouder of than I am of mine. And I owe it to America. To be connected to America's causes – liberty, equal justice, respect for the dignity of all people – brings happiness more sublime than life's fleeting pleasures. Our identities and sense of worth are not circumscribed but enlarged by serving good causes bigger than ourselves.

'Fellow Americans' – that association has meant more to me than any other. I lived and died a proud American. We are citizens of the world's greatest republic, a nation of ideals, not blood and soil. We are blessed and are a blessing to humanity when we uphold and advance those ideals at home and in the world. We have helped liberate more people from tyranny and poverty than ever before in history. We have acquired great wealth and power in the process.

We weaken our greatness when we confuse our patriotism with tribal rivalries that have sown resentment and hatred and violence in all the corners of the globe. We weaken it when we hide behind walls, rather than tear them down, when we doubt the power of our ideals, rather than trust them to be the great force for change they have always been.

We are three-hundred-and-twenty-five million opinionated, vociferous individuals. We argue and compete and sometimes even vilify each other in our raucous public debates. But we have always had so much more in common with each other than in disagreement. If only we remember that and give each other the benefit of the presumption that we all love our country we will get through these challenging times. We will come through them stronger than before. We always do.

Ten years ago, I had the privilege to concede defeat in the election for president. I want to end my farewell to you with the heartfelt faith in Americans that I felt so powerfully that evening.

I feel it powerfully still.

Do not despair of our present difficulties but believe always in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here. Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history.

Farewell, fellow Americans. God bless you, and God bless America.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/27/joh...-not-despair-of-our-present-difficulties.html

On FOX News, newly minted Trump bootlicker candidate for governor of Florida Ron DeSantis says not to 'monkey up' the state by electing black Democratic competitor (video).

A white person referring to a black man as 'articulate' is also the classic racial dog whistle of surprise.

David Bossie, who referred to a black guest on FOX News as 'out of his cotton-picking mind', is also a member of DeSantis campaign team.

Raw Story - REVEALED: Ron DeSantis helps run a Tea Party Facebook group that promotes racism and ‘deep state’ conspiracies

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/re...roup-promotes-racism-deep-state-conspiracies/

Last edited:
I had to laugh at Fox News having a panel of 4 white people talking about this.

Does Fox even have anyone who isn't white employed?

The ladies on that Outnumbered segment and the one on the Five who's dating Trump's son.

I thought the one dating the Trumpling quit Fox News?

Goes to show how much I pay attention to it. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"