Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood why Republicans have so much empathy for the unborn, but so little for the born. But most of them I suspect just want to control women. There are a few who actually care about both, but they are a minority.

"If you're preborn, you're fine. If you're preschool, you're f***ed."

- George Carlin​

High five to ol' turtle face McConnel for jump starting Warren's Presidential run in 2020. Besides being an abuse of power, it was a bone headed move politically. Wonder if Mitch got a call from Trump or Bannon to shut her down?

I honestly don't get why he did that. Basically if she read the letter it for the most part would have went unnoticed, now he basically turned this into a story and gave her a platform to get media attention for this

I'm pretty sure if you look up "hypocrite" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of Mitch McConnell.

It's like he doesn't even try to hide it.

Well, Sessions is in.

Certainly adds an Orwellian twist to the name of the justice department.

These Republican senators will pay for their herd mentality in the near future. First DeVos, but Sessions should light a fire under every liberal's butt.

And then McConnell's folly by silencing Elizabeth Warren is yet more fuel to the fire.

1986: Nah. Too racist.

2017: Sure. Whatever. Attorney General.

Tim Scott, the lone black GOP senator, rises to Sessions' defense

Go watch Tim Scott's full speech today where he discussed and read a good selection of the nasty tweets that supposedly tolerant liberals left him. His Twitter feed is full of people making some of the nastiest comments imaginable about his race and defending his former Senate colleague.
[YT]WMzp8D0hKYE[/YT]

Last edited:
These Republican senators will pay for their herd mentality in the near future. First DeVos, but Sessions should light a fire under every liberal's butt.

To be honest you can at least make an argument at some level Sessions is qualified to do his job, in the case of Devos all she has to her credit is like 30 years of lobbying and giving republican candidates and causes tons of cash. She is extremely underqualified and a pure definition of pay for play(something which Trump supporters were crying about for the past year)

Sessions views of medical marijuana is enough for me to hate the scumbag.

There's a tremendous amount of hubris to the GOP right now and I can't even begin to fathom the thought process behind it. They're going full-force fascism without a care in the world and it's just like... wouldn't you guy prefer to at least cast an illusion of fairness/logic/any sense of normalcy? And, I mean, sure, there are the old guys who don't give a rat's ass about going scorched earth because they won't be around to really feel the aftereffects, but like... Paul Ryan? He's a piece of s***, but he's young-ish and could have decades ahead of him and what's he doing? Nada.

I just don't get the logic of it.

They are drunk with power and control. Think about it.

The GOP controls the House and the Senate, will have control of SCOTUS, 33 Governors are GOP, and 32 state legislatures are controlled by the GOP.

This hasnt happrned in a while. Its like a man in a desert suddenly finding water. Or a starving man finding food after going without for a while. People dying of thirst or starvation will gorge themselves to death if they arent restrained and monitored. No one is doing a good job of restraining the GOP at the moment and like a man dying of hunger and thirst they are gorging themselves at the bountiful buffet that has been placed before them.

I think its becoming clear that the Republican party as it exists needs to die, this is beyond a few simple reforms, the GOP seems to be willing to turn a blind eye to potential treason here.

The GOP took power 3 weeks ago and they have been mired in scandal and the GOP don't seem to care if Trump sells America out to the Russians, as long as the Democrats don't get in power and they have their precious tax cuts and anti abortion laws, those two things are worth selling their souls and their country for.

The current GOP is xenophobic, bigoted, ignorant, selfish, paranoid, power hungry, mindlessly partisan, authoritarian, extreme and a bunch of other unpleasant words that can be used to describe them that I can't be bothered to list, because I can go on forever.

Worst of all, they will always put party before country, Trump could create a kleptocratic autocracy, as long as they get their tax cuts and anti abortion laws.

Its immoral and irresponsible. Having a 2 party system and having this being one of the major parties will always result in a broken system. It either needs to be purged and rebuilt from the ground up or it should die and be replaced with a sane center right party.

Last edited:
Citizens, and especially rank and file Republicans NEED to push for further investigation with their representatives. Town hall meets are usually dominated by domestic issues but this is unprecedented. You would think possible (and all but confirmed by U.S. intel) subversion of our election would have greater weight than marginal tax rates.

Do you think the Democratic party needs to be more pro-American?

Yes
No
Dumb question

Yes
No
Dumb question

Ha. I think that question may be better directed at the current National Security picks of the president.

Yes
No
Dumb question

Screw party lines.

People either stand with the Bill of Rights and democracy or they stand with Russia.

Time to draw a line in the sand because this could be the dawn of authoritarianism in the Western world.

This is not a drill.

Screw party lines.

People either stand with the Bill of Rights and democracy or they stand with Russia.

Time to draw a line in the sand because this could be the dawn of authoritarianism in the Western world.

This is not a drill.
Screw party lines. Now that my party isn't in control.

Screw party lines. Now that my party isn't in control.

Maybe outside interference by a despotic foreign power led by an authoritarian is a good reason? Maybe? Nah. You're right. Those tax cuts and repealing healthcare are a lot more important.

Actually in this instance being an "edgy" poster on the internet is more important for some.

Maybe outside interference by a despotic foreign power led by an authoritarian is a good reason? Maybe? Nah. You're right. Those tax cuts and repealing healthcare are a lot more important.

Actually in this instance being an "edgy" poster on the internet is more important for some.
Obama himself said the election would not be interfered with.

I've always thought "My party, right or wrong." is an incredibly idiotic idea. The parties change over time and have made themselves the exact opposite of themselves every few decades. Through a persons lifetime they can swap positions on every single topic and point of view several times and go from one extreme to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"