Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Romney's speech bough Jason Sudeikis back to play him on SNL.

I must be a masochist, but I'm loving the anti-Trump campaign from Romney/Rubio slightly backfiring. I know Trump as president would be horrible, but his success is causing so much discord that I relish in it.

tumblr_mkftv7A8uZ1qb5qxmo1_500.gif

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I must be a masochist, but I'm loving the anti-Trump campaign from Romney/Rubio slightly backfiring. I know Trump as president would be horrible, but his success is causing so much discord that I relish in it.

tumblr_mkftv7A8uZ1qb5qxmo1_500.gif
People love watching the madness. Human nature lol.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Jokes or Joker aside... ;) I would say it's pretty common considering the coverage of Trump, and in general the coverage of the fighting is the most popular aspect of the process right now.

8292174927_3885a96d42_z.jpg

I agreed probably with more of Reagan's policies than any other Republican, but I was never a big Nancy fan...one thing I can say for sure however, she loved her husband....I can definitely respect that. :)

It was sad when she cried over her husband's coffin.

I agreed probably with more of Reagan's policies than any other Republican, but I was never a big Nancy fan...one thing I can say for sure however, she loved her husband....I can definitely respect that. :)

I was never a fan of her just say no campaign, all that being said is if what Kitty Kelly wrote in her book was true, mad props to Nancy Davis

I was never a fan of her just say no campaign, all that being said is if what Kitty Kelly wrote in her book was true, mad props to Nancy Davis

I think she meant well with that campaign, it just wasn't what was/is needed....but the way she stood by her husband as he fought Alzheimer's I respect the hell out of her for that.

Rubio saying Ventura was an embarrassment to Minnesota goes to how salty he is and doesn't know what he is talking about as that statement is simply not factual.

I don't think so. I think if Romney had decided to run, he'd actually be the most equipped to beat Trump. He did win a Republican nomination before, even though losing the general.

And if the Republicans don't get their act together instead of having their little civil war, they're going to lose the Presidential election again.

Times like this we need a like button. I'm there too, LL. :funny:

Let's turn back to the clock to the earliest Republican debates. Trump made such an impression because Jeb! and the others kept trying to match Trump's trolling rather than going forward with their policy. If they had stuck to their platforms, and let Trump go on about his rather vague policy, would the Republican party be in dire straights as they are now?

Times like this we need a like button. I'm there too, LL. :funny:

Let's turn back to the clock to the earliest Republican debates. Trump made such an impression because Jeb! and the others kept trying to match Trump's trolling rather than going forward with their policy. If they had stuck to their platforms, and let Trump go on about his rather vague policy, would the Republican party be in dire straights as they are now?

That is a very good question....we will never know. But, I do think that the one that stayed above the fray would be in a much better position right now, and at the convention. As of now, they allowed Trump to pull them into his game play and they shot themselves in the foot. In some cases, both feet.

The biggest problem with "just say no" was the hypocrisy and half truths which probably encouraged many to experiment with hard drugs in misguided rebellion.

Rubio saying Ventura was an embarrassment to Minnesota goes to how salty he is and doesn't know what he is talking about as that statement is simply not factual.

And if the Republicans don't get their act together instead of having their little civil war, they're going to lose the Presidential election again.

They have already lost it....there is nothing to salvage at this point.

As far as Ventura goes...hmmmm... ok.

I just saw the Anti-Rubio commercial (I believe it's Trump) for the Florida primary, and I actually find it very effective. I was not aware of the credit card situation.

What credit card situation?

It claimed he used a business card when he was Senator to take a personal vacation to Las Vegas and for several personal flights. Rubio brushed it off as a simple mistake. Bush even pointed it out in one of the debates, but dropped it later on. Trump is now using it as ammo for his campaign in Florida.

It claimed he used a business card when he was Senator to take a personal vacation to Las Vegas and for several personal flights. Rubio brushed it off as a simple mistake. Bush even pointed it out in one of the debates, but dropped it later on. Trump is now using it as ammo for his campaign in Florida.
I hate Rubio but if he paid it back I don't see why it should have any impact

It shows he's using public funds for personal activities. It doesn't matter if he paid it off, it shows bad judgments.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-makes-a-cruz-birther-joke

Obama Trolls Ted Cruz So Hard With Canadian Birth Joke

During a state dinner Thursday evening with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, President Barack Obama got in a little jab at Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas)

During his toast, which was ripe with humor, Obama outlined that both the U.S. and Canada offered extraordinary opportunities for its citizens. Want proof? Obama said just look toward the 2016 Republican presidential contest.

"We see this in our current presidential campaign.Where else could a boy born in Calgary run for president of the United States?" Obama asked in an allusion to Cruz whose eligibility to run for the White House has been called into question by Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump.

"Where else would we see a community like Cape Breton, Nova Scotia welcoming Americans if the election does not go their way?" Obama asked. "And to the great credit of their people, Canadians from British Columbia to New Brunswick have, so far, rejected the idea of building a wall to keep out your southern neighbors. We appreciate that. We can be unruly, I know."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"