Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tea Party is the big reason why I will never support Republicans. If they can ditch that nut-job group I think the Republican party would be much better off.
I literally roll my eyes when people say that the GOP needs to ditch vital voting bases. That's just beyond stupid and you don't know what you're talking about :whatever:. The GOP needs to get the Tea Party in line so they stop acting like petulant children, but ditching them is insanity.

The Tea Party is the worst thing to happen to American politics in the last 50 years.
I disagree with you there. I think the rise of polarized 24 hour news media is the worst thing to happen to American politics. Fox News and MSNBC have done far more damage than the Tea Party ever will.

I don't think you can control the Tea Party. It's a ultra far-right reactionary party that wants to destroy the federal government as we know it.

On the one hand, that's a plus for Democrats, because it means the Republican party is infighting. On the other hand, they can take the economy hostage and shut down the government.

Agreed....in both cases, 24 hour media has been a disservice to the political system.

And agreed that the Republican base cannot handle the Tea Party. AND GUESS WHAT...the people that vote those Tea Party candidates into office are glad about that.

The Democrat party will have a problem later on if they keep marginalizing their blue dog democrats. Independents will mutiny against that quickly...

Except that, a lot of those are good ideas. I.e. more taxes, gay marriage, more welfare, etc.

Republican economics brought this country to the brink of a second Great Depression. They clearly have learned nothing, and now you have the Tea Party that wants to default.

Also, if you were to let states determine wages, we would still have slavery. Or no minimum wage at all. So in short, to hell with the states' rights. Especially the welfare states that don't pay their workers enough for gas money. They know who they are.

Can you articulate what exactly caused this Great Recession and why its all the Republicans fault?
Republicans share some blame, but it was President Clinton that signed NAFTA that significantly reduced tariffs against foreign imports, Clinton who strengthened the Community Reinvestment Act that allowed securities to be packaged on risky home loans, and Clinton who signed the repeal of Glass-Steagel Act that had separated cash deposits from riskier investments. So there's plenty of blame to go around. President Bush's massive budget deficits should be scrutinized...but it doesn't make sense to scrutinize them and look other way under President Obama who has highest budget deficits in history....and then passes health care reform bill filled with increases insurance premiums and create incentives to lower hours to avoid tax penalties. There's plenty of blame to go around. I don't see anything in the Democratic Party's platform that's gonna improve the historical low labor rate this country has ever seen.

Last edited:
There was a time when Democratic Presidential candidates openly campaigned on raising taxes:

Walter Mondale "Mr. Reagan will raise taxes...and so will I."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07m39CQRJXw

Democrats have gotten smarter on pushing forward tax increases. They won't raise income taxes on middle class folks...oh no. They will place taxes on products and services that they mandate you to buy. Not only insurance penalties...but reinsurance and PCORI taxes that are added on insurance premiums..in addition to higher insurance premiums due to increased mandatory benefits...including ones you can't use (can single man use maternity care or pediatric care?)....ah yes...Democrats...shuffle the money around...and let the squeeze begin.

There still is a huge difference saying "More Taxes" and "Tax <whatever you want to tax>" just as there is a difference saying "Get rid of Regulations" and "Get ride of this specific regulation". I think there is a good case for getting rid of many regulations but when you make a blanket statement of wanting to get rid of regulations, anytime something goes wrong and you wonder why it wasn't more heavily regulated(say like texas manure plants) I do think it's a great time to questions somebody's stance on why they against regulations in general.

I sort of blame the media for not calling out people who make blanket statements that are they against certain aspects of that what they claim they are against(ie are you for certain instances of Big Government or Regulations)

Agreed....in both cases, 24 hour media has been a disservice to the political system.

And agreed that the Republican base cannot handle the Tea Party. AND GUESS WHAT...the people that vote those Tea Party candidates into office are glad about that.

The Democrat party will have a problem later on if they keep marginalizing their blue dog democrats. Independents will mutiny against that quickly...

The Tea Party will eventually fall in line, with the exception of Eric Cantor's defeat, the Tea Party has had an abysmal 2014 and the only way they're going to eventually implement their ideas is if they learn how to win. If they don't, they'll fade into obscurity.

The Tea Party will eventually fall in line, with the exception of Eric Cantor's defeat, the Tea Party has had an abysmal 2014 and the only way they're going to eventually implement their ideas is if they learn how to win. If they don't, they'll fade into obscurity.

It should be pointed out the Tea Party really didn't even back the guy who beat Cantor(at least backing him with cash)

Chair of Financial Services Housing Committee Barney Frank (Democrat) argued against Fannie and Freddie Mac audit that was pushed by the Bush administration before the housing market collapse. Democrats were all about protecting that pseudo-corporate/government housing agency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM

So there's plenty of blame to go around in both parties...I'd definitely argue Democrats played a large part in allowing housing financial crisis to happen.

It should be pointed out the Tea Party really didn't even back the guy who beat Cantor(at least backing him with cash)

They sent no one to help him. He got help from Radio.

Not at the state level, they are doing quite well. They turned their money from the National campaigns to State and Local campaigns. They are doing very well in those.

There still is a huge difference saying "More Taxes" and "Tax <whatever you want to tax>" just as there is a difference saying "Get rid of Regulations" and "Get ride of this specific regulation". I think there is a good case for getting rid of many regulations but when you make a blanket statement of wanting to get rid of regulations, anytime something goes wrong and you wonder why it wasn't more heavily regulated(say like texas manure plants) I do think it's a great time to questions somebody's stance on why they against regulations in general.

I sort of blame the media for not calling out people who make blanket statements that are they against certain aspects of that what they claim they are against(ie are you for certain instances of Big Government or Regulations)

Well, they are waking up in some areas....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/07/media-orgs-obama-stifling-free-expression-191725.html

Chair of Financial Services Housing Committee Barney Frank (Democrat) argued against Fannie and Freddie Mac audit that was pushed by the Bush administration before the housing market collapse. Democrats were all about protecting that pseudo-corporate/government housing agency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM

So there's plenty of blame to go around in both parties...I'd definitely argue Democrats played a large part in allowing housing financial crisis to happen.
The Democrats deserve the bulk of the blame for the financial crisis.

I really don't care who's to blame.
I honestly don't care whose to blame, I just get really aggravated when people are blaming the wrong people. For example people blaming Obama on the current crisis in Iraq irks me the same way people blaming Bush for the financial crisis does.

We don't need to point fingers at specific people, but we need to learn history to make sure we don't repeat same policy mistakes that gets us in mess we're in now. Repeating catch phrases about the other side doesn't solve our problems.

We don't need to point fingers at specific people, but we need to learn history to make sure we don't repeat same policy mistakes that gets us in mess we're in now. Repeating catch phrases about the other side doesn't solve our problems.

But it's a bad sign if we don't know how these problems start or manifest.

It's not like there's a news source everyone can trust that documents everything for people to reference.

We can point the figure at both parties cause both are to blame. What is needed is a change in the Legislature Branch. We have to put term limits in place while stop allowing lobbyists to run for public office.

It makes me laugh when Dem and GOP fight over who is better when both sides are run by the same people (Old, Rich, White people)! The difference between them is their spiel to get votes.

Politician Explains Why Sodomy Is Causing AIDS Due to "Sperm Enzyme"

Bob Frey is a Republican running for the Minnesota House of Representatives, and he's worried about the economic cost of sodomy. He's not against gay people, mind you — the problem, he explained yesterday, has to do with the way sperm burns our anal cavities. Here's his theory.

It turns out that Frey has a longstanding theory that sperm extrude a "burning" enzyme that's only neutralized when the sperm meets an egg. When sperm are running around loose in somebody's anus, they burn everything and cause AIDS. According to Raw Story's David Edwards, Frey said:

It's more about sodomy than about pigeonholing a lifestyle. When you have egg and sperm that meet in conception, there's an enzyme in the front that burns through the egg. The enzyme burns through so the DNA can enter the egg ... [But when the] sperm is deposited anally ... it's the enzyme that causes the immune system to fail. That's why the term is AIDS – acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.

As a science fiction fan, I like this theory. But I feel like it needs to be fleshed out more. I'm curious about what happens to all the sperm that don't meet up with eggs during vaginal sex. Also, I would like to know whether swallowing sperm after oral sex causes ulcers.

It's actually possible that Frey learned about this theory from his son Mike, who offered this testimony against gay marriage last year.

[YT]aE8U-p0t97I#t[/YT]

Mike elucidates some aspects of the theory that I was wondering about earlier. Apparently, there is a "barrier" around vaginal cells that prevents them from being burned by sperm enzymes.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/...mes-in-ans-causes-aids/#.U77zNGiNZcY.facebook

Wow, with people like this in the party it's no wonder they aren't doing so hot these days. That is probably one of the stupidest arguments I have ever heard

Well, I guess that idiot who thinks Mars and Earth have the same temperature is off the hook now.

That's....not how AIDS works...

Seriously, people this uneducated are among our elected representatives? That's embarrassing.

Wowza! That is incredible that a person running for government can say and believe those things.

Thanks to both the mars and the sperm reports I will now have Disco Inferno stuck in my head probably forever :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"